Status
Not open for further replies.

cecsystems

ECF Veteran
Verified Member

cecsystems

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I got the 22amp batts just to have the option to "sub-ohm" vape... Not saying I will, but just like to have the option. I have gotten 3 days out of the 2900MAH batts however when the AW was dead at the end of the day... I wait for the Provari to blink and then throw them on the charger. Outstanding.

Strontium

Unresolved Status
ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2012
Hurricane State
I got the 22amp batts just to have the option to "sub-ohm" vape... Not saying I will, but just like to have the option. I have gotten 3 days out of the 2900MAH batts however when the AW was dead at the end of the day... I wait for the Provari to blink and then throw them on the charger. Outstanding.

For subohms orbtronics SX22 is probably the best. It is even better than sony 30A. IMHO it would be overkill for something like provari.

Nibiru2012

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2013
The Oort Cloud
You can get the regular Panasonic NCR18650PF batteries with the OEM Panasonic labeling for $7.99 each at Illumination Supply website.
Also enter the discount code and receive 5% off total purchase before shipping. Code is: CPFUser

Here's a photo of my purchase I placed on Friday 11-22-13, received them on Wednesday 11-27-13. Total price for 2 batteries with free case is $17.86 including shipping.
11-27-2013 4-31-29 PM.jpg

Much less expensive than buying the Orbtronic relabeled ones. They're the same battery! ;)

I have them charging as I write this on my Xtar VP1 charger. :2cool:

Rader2146

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 11, 2012
Waco, TX
Orbtronics are just rebranded Panasonic, Samsung or Sony, at a higher price. The only manufacturers of good batteries anymore are Panasonic and Sony, Samsung is now owned by Panasonic.

It was in one of the industry magazines last year, Samsung was about to go under and Panasonic bought them out, they didn't change anything, just kept the plant running.

Are you sure you dont mean Sony? Panasonic did buy 50.2% of Sony a few years ago, but i didn't see anything about deals with Samsung. If Panasonic was a majority partner with Samsung, there probably wouldnt be a contract battle between the two for the Tesla Roadster.

Traver

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 28, 2010
WV
Orbtronics are just rebranded Panasonic, Samsung or Sony, at a higher price. The only manufacturers of good batteries anymore are Panasonic and Sony, Samsung is now owned by Panasonic.

That is correct at they are re-branded Panasonic's. The difference is reputation. Because of their reputation, not just here but with the candlelight forums and anywhere else where there are people knowledgeable about batteries, when I buy from Orbtronics I believe I am actually getting re-branded pannys. I used buy AW batteries but switched to Orbtronics panny's because Orbtronics is more upfront about where their batteries come from. Besides they have free shipping.

BardicDruid

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 25, 2009
Central Texas
Are you sure you dont mean Sony? Panasonic did buy 50.2% of Sony a few years ago, but i didn't see anything about deals with Samsung. If Panasonic was a majority partner with Samsung, there probably wouldnt be a contract battle between the two for the Tesla Roadster.
Ever heard of "Price Fixing", I'm just waiting for that one to come out.

Rader2146

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 11, 2012
Waco, TX
Ever heard of "Price Fixing", I'm just waiting for that one to come out.

Not likely. I searched for a good while trying to turn up any info on Panasonic purchasing any part of Samsung SDI and could find anything. Panasonic purchasing Sanyo is pretty easy to find. So unless it was a very low key, under the table, deal that somehow got zero media attention, I'd say it didn't happen. That's a pretty big deal to get no attention.

The Orbtronic cell comes from Korea. I thought Sony, Samsung, and Panasonic are from Japan.

Samsung is in Korea. ;)

Thunderball

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2013
Grayson, Georgia
My Orbotronic (Panasonic) 2900PD last me not quite a day of vaping in a Provari set at around 3.6 to 3.8 using a single coil 3.0 ohm carto. They also dont fit very good in a Provari Mini with Tatro extension rings (both very snug and too long)

They dont fit quite right in a Semovar either (too long)

They are good batteries though.

Mine are the button tops

Nibiru2012

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2013
The Oort Cloud
I do not know what shady work is behind your Illumination Supply, but all batteries for APV are on "backorder" not in stock.
To stay on the safe side RTD, or Orbtronics. Reputable suppliers with genuine products.

You're completely off-base with these statements. Where's your proof? Only the page for the NCR18650PF battery stated they were out of stock and would have them back in stock the week of 11-25-13.

They are a reputable supplier with genuine products. Where's your PROOF that proves otherwise?

I ordered on Fri. the 22nd and they shipped out on Monday the 25th, received them on Wed. the 27th.

Where's YOUR PROOF that ALL batteries for APV are on "backorder"?

Why should a consumer pay more for a relabeled product when they can get the same 'genuine' Panasonic battery for less?
I was able to get TWO batteries and shipping for $10.12 less than at the Orbtronics site for the exact same battery except it didn't have the bling black label.

Sheesh...

Strontium

Unresolved Status
ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2012
Hurricane State
Nibiru2012 my friend take it easy, and read title of this thread.

I've never heard of the store that you are promoting, and I also have an opinion about unknown sources of batteries.

I also have pretty negative opinion about battery stores who do not allow customers to return batteries if something is wrong.
One of those stores is store that you are promoting.
Forcing people to believe you isn't going to work.
We all have our own opinion.

:toast:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread