The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Orbtronics Batteries Rock

Discussion in 'Battery Issues' started by cecsystems, Nov 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. cecsystems

cecsystems Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 3, 2011
    The Great White North
  2. 1990FOXBODY

1990FOXBODY Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 3, 2013
    Bryan, Texas
    I will agree with you on the High Drain 2900. Got 2 when I got my HCigar Neme. I take them out to charge them at the end of the day, as usual, and they show 2 bars out of the 3 on my Nitecore i4. Charge in less than 1 1/2 hours and are ready for the next day.

3. cecsystems

cecsystems Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 3, 2011
    The Great White North
    I got the 22amp batts just to have the option to "sub-ohm" vape... Not saying I will, but just like to have the option. I have gotten 3 days out of the 2900MAH batts however when the AW was dead at the end of the day... I wait for the Provari to blink and then throw them on the charger. Outstanding.

4. Strontium

Strontium Unresolved Status ECF Veteran

Mar 8, 2012
    Hurricane State
    For subohms orbtronics SX22 is probably the best. It is even better than sony 30A. IMHO it would be overkill for something like provari.

5. Nibiru2012

Nibiru2012 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 15, 2013
    The Oort Cloud
    You can get the regular Panasonic NCR18650PF batteries with the OEM Panasonic labeling for $7.99 each at Illumination Supply website.
    Also enter the discount code and receive 5% off total purchase before shipping. Code is: CPFUser

Here's a photo of my purchase I placed on Friday 11-22-13, received them on Wednesday 11-27-13. Total price for 2 batteries with free case is $17.86 including shipping.
    11-27-2013 4-31-29 PM.jpg

Much less expensive than buying the Orbtronic relabeled ones. They're the same battery! ;)

I have them charging as I write this on my Xtar VP1 charger. :2cool:

6. Strontium

Mar 8, 2012
    Hurricane State
    I do not know what shady work is behind your Illumination Supply, but all batteries for APV are on "backorder" not in stock.
    To stay on the safe side RTD, or Orbtronics. Reputable suppliers with genuine products.

7. BardicDruid

BardicDruid Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 25, 2009
    Central Texas
    Orbtronics are just rebranded Panasonic, Samsung or Sony, at a higher price. The only manufacturers of good batteries anymore are Panasonic and Sony, Samsung is now owned by Panasonic.

8. Strontium

Mar 8, 2012
    Hurricane State
    Samsung is not owned by Panasonic. I don't know where did you hear that.

9. BardicDruid

Jul 25, 2009
    Central Texas
    It was in one of the industry magazines last year, Samsung was about to go under and Panasonic bought them out, they didn't change anything, just kept the plant running.

10. Jimi D.

Jimi D. ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Oct 26, 2010
    Florida Keys
    I have a Orbtronic 22 amp in my Cronus/ Helios setup as I type this. I get a tenth of a volt higher with the Orbs compared to the AW 1600. Both are great for Sub ohm.

11. Rader2146

Rader2146 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 11, 2012
    Waco, TX
    Are you sure you dont mean Sony? Panasonic did buy 50.2% of Sony a few years ago, but i didn't see anything about deals with Samsung. If Panasonic was a majority partner with Samsung, there probably wouldnt be a contract battle between the two for the Tesla Roadster.

12. Traver

Traver Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Oct 28, 2010
    WV
    That is correct at they are re-branded Panasonic's. The difference is reputation. Because of their reputation, not just here but with the candlelight forums and anywhere else where there are people knowledgeable about batteries, when I buy from Orbtronics I believe I am actually getting re-branded pannys. I used buy AW batteries but switched to Orbtronics panny's because Orbtronics is more upfront about where their batteries come from. Besides they have free shipping.

13. BardicDruid

Jul 25, 2009
    Central Texas
    Ever heard of "Price Fixing", I'm just waiting for that one to come out.

14. Jimi D.

Jimi D. ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Oct 26, 2010
    Florida Keys
    The Orbtronic cell comes from Korea. I thought Sony, Samsung, and Panasonic are from Japan.

15. Rader2146

Rader2146 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 11, 2012
    Waco, TX
    Not likely. I searched for a good while trying to turn up any info on Panasonic purchasing any part of Samsung SDI and could find anything. Panasonic purchasing Sanyo is pretty easy to find. So unless it was a very low key, under the table, deal that somehow got zero media attention, I'd say it didn't happen. That's a pretty big deal to get no attention.

Samsung is in Korea. ;)

16. Strontium

Mar 8, 2012
    Hurricane State

Samsung, LG - Korea
    Sanyo-Panasonic, Sony - Japan
    AW - China
    Orbtronic - Japan, Korea

:toast:

17. Thunderball

Thunderball Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 5, 2013
    Grayson, Georgia
    My Orbotronic (Panasonic) 2900PD last me not quite a day of vaping in a Provari set at around 3.6 to 3.8 using a single coil 3.0 ohm carto. They also dont fit very good in a Provari Mini with Tatro extension rings (both very snug and too long)

They dont fit quite right in a Semovar either (too long)

They are good batteries though.

Mine are the button tops

18. Strontium

Mar 8, 2012
    Hurricane State
    It all depends on two things
    the way we vape, and setup we have.

Reported vaping time is from 1-4 days.

19. Nibiru2012

Nibiru2012 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 15, 2013
    The Oort Cloud
    You're completely off-base with these statements. Where's your proof? Only the page for the NCR18650PF battery stated they were out of stock and would have them back in stock the week of 11-25-13.

They are a reputable supplier with genuine products. Where's your PROOF that proves otherwise?

I ordered on Fri. the 22nd and they shipped out on Monday the 25th, received them on Wed. the 27th.

Where's YOUR PROOF that ALL batteries for APV are on "backorder"?

Why should a consumer pay more for a relabeled product when they can get the same 'genuine' Panasonic battery for less?
    I was able to get TWO batteries and shipping for $10.12 less than at the Orbtronics site for the exact same battery except it didn't have the bling black label.

Sheesh...

20. Strontium

Mar 8, 2012
    Hurricane State
    Nibiru2012 my friend take it easy, and read title of this thread.

I've never heard of the store that you are promoting, and I also have an opinion about unknown sources of batteries.

I also have pretty negative opinion about battery stores who do not allow customers to return batteries if something is wrong.
    One of those stores is store that you are promoting.
    Forcing people to believe you isn't going to work.
    We all have our own opinion.

:toast:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.