1187 Hundertwasser
2V5WCIh.jpg

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Seriously, the whole front page is 100% Asian spam! Can't a filter be added to block all Asian characters from being posted? This is beyond ridiculous.

I am about ready to become a hacker myself to take down these :censored::censored::censored:.
I looked at it too at one point. Automatic prevention is fairly high level magic and they’re constantly looking for the tiniest holes. The smartest most experienced people I know can barely keep up, and it’s what they do for a living. I label it beyond me. My guess on this one was that the Chinese character WAS the hole. They would start the post with a semi-random word in English, then switch to Chinese character for the “content” (which according to google translate looked like some fairly untruthful stuff. Worst case scenario for getting in their pocket would possibly be some sort of jail time. Fraud is white collar generally so prison time is years rather than tens of years. Still a potential life ruined though) then end with an English word. Had to have been aimed specifically at Chinese readers of the site.
I kinda wonder what it looked like on their machines.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
For a while there every thread was in Chinese for me here. Everything except the titles. Thankfully ok now.
I was only getting giant rafts of Chinese character on the actual spam posts rather then everywhere. So they were targeting different geographical areas differently, and actually running everyone’s posts through translation software for some areas? That’s a bit scary.

smacuser

Total Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Hartwell, GA
    I suppose. If I lived in China wanting to look at a english language vape forum and saw how to get university papers written for me geared towards every college in the US, I might fall for it too.

But since my IQ might automatically be 10-20 points higher, I'm not so sure. :(

Vapedog

Oct 28, 2018
    Luckily, I had the translate option appear. After reading all the posts, I was able to sleep well knowing it had nothing to do vaping.

:spam:
    Yeah I had the translate to english pop up but it didn't work. Starting to think now I maybe shouldn't have clicked on "yes, translate" now. All seems ok though.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 12, 2010
    MN USA
    I suppose. If I lived in China wanting to look at a english language vape forum and saw how to get university papers written for me geared towards every college in the US, I might fall for it too.

But since my IQ might automatically be 10-20 points higher, I'm not so sure. :(
    Yeah. IQ tests mostly just test how well you take IQ tests. They’re a lot more subject to various things like enculturation than they think they are. Might be interesting to take an IQ test designed outside the US. I don’t think anyone else has even bothered with them that I’ve heard of anyway.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread