Got the "Can't Taste Nothing" Blues

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShoeQueen

ECF Veteran
Feb 5, 2011
Midwest
So after a heinous ride and traffic and an equally heinous time in the local grocery store, I finally got home. I unpacked the groceries and decided to try to vape a new flavor.

I choose Jooglers juice Dragon Fruit*, thinking it would be a nice vape after a long crappy Monday.
(*NOTE: Read this whole post, this is post is not a cut on Jooglers juice, they are a fine company and produce stellar juice. We love them. Go there, now, and buy juice from them... in Mass Quantities!)

Loaded a tank, got a freshly cleaned eGo-t atty, sat down in front of the puter and...

Burning. I now know what burning tastes like.
I do a double take, re-prime the tank, and try again.

Burning :censored:. Mind you, I've never had burning :censored:, but I believe this is what it tastes like.

The fiance comes in and sees me making faces. He asks what the problem is. I tell him I need a 510 atty. Once is produced and I drip test the juice again.

Slightly (very slightly) fruity burning :censored: is the result.

I start to rant, the attys were clean, it's steeped long enough, blah, blah, blah.

Wisely, the fiance takes the pv from me and tries it. "It's dragon fruit, pretty good stuff!"

My rant stops. The horror begins to set in...

I quickly locate my Seriously Minty juice from Gourmet Vapor... This is pretty strong stuff, especially since I get it doubled.

The tank is loaded, and the atty is primed...
And all I get is the barest whisper of mint.

It's as if my taste buds are mocking me.
It's as if my box of juices are taunting me.

I can't taste anything!
(sobs)

Help me ECF, you're my only hope!

Last edited:

Timothy Cullen

ECF Veteran
Sep 29, 2010
Hanson, Kentucky, United States
i agree with unfadeable but also try vaping a juice you havent in a long time. i recenlty went through this and was just mad nothing tasted as good and it was ruining my bobas. so i went digging for something else to try and found an old bottle of madvapes ultamint which is kinda like vaping scope(weird but i like it. leaves me mouth feeling minty and fresh) and it something just clicked after vaping it for about an hour i could taste my other juices. i just think my taste buds were like find some dang menthol lol.

hope everything works it it will go away with time but it just happens from time to time.

redheadone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 2, 2011
North Carolina
You are just going through a cycle. I think it has happened to all of us at one time or another. Just do what another member advised go to a juice that you haven't vaped in awhile and go back to it later. I assure you your taste buds will come back. Another thing and I am sure I sound like a broken record here but make sure you drink lots of water.

JD1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2010
KY
I went through that not long back and I highly recommend a big glass of wine. You see, it turns out that wine resets the old taste buds. Be sure and sniff it deeply before each taste as it works on the olfactory too. What? Didn't work with the first glass. That just means you need another big grass full. In fact I think I drink about three. My taste buds? I can't really remember but I went to bed happy, happy. :laugh: :vapor: :blush: :vapor:

SMKNOMOR

ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2011
salem ma
+1 on the:censored::censored::censored:
Im having the same problem too.All my favorite flavors muted. I cant stand it.Its been like 3 days trying to find a solution.Im so:censored: cranky.:grr: I've been getting the same advice. I've been drinking more water but I have to order some menthol flavored juice.

Anybody got a suggestion what juice would be the most efective for this application?

Last edited:

ShoeQueen

ECF Veteran
Feb 5, 2011
Midwest
I think I may have found a correlation to the taste buds taking a nose-dive.

WARNING:
To the Gentlemen in room, I beseech you to place your hands over your ears and make with the "Lalalala, can't hear you!" bit.
Actually, that should be over the eyes... but then you wouldn't be able to leave this thread.

I noticed this last month... around the same time.
It's just much more pronounced this month.

So, then, I'll just ask.

(Gentlemen, you have been warned)

Ladies, have you noticed this same trend around that special time in a woman's life where she's struck by the strongest desires of her heart to bust out singing, "I Enjoy Being a Girl"?

Or possibly kill a cheesecake, or two... and maybe that gallon of ice cream over there...

And please, Ladies, carefully phrase your responses, keeping in mind the sensitive nature of some...

After all, I am a delicate flower, damnit.

KDK

ECF Veteran
May 27, 2010
Fresno Ca. USA
I went through that not long back and I highly recommend a big glass of wine. You see, it turns out that wine resets the old taste buds. Be sure and sniff it deeply before each taste as it works on the olfactory too. What? Didn't work with the first glass. That just means you need another big grass full. In fact I think I drink about three. My taste buds? I can't really remember but I went to bed happy, happy. :laugh: :vapor: :blush: :vapor:

Another big grass full? Sounds like the first one had some effect! Really hit my funny bone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread