Status
Not open for further replies.

Bill's Magic Vapor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2013
USA
I'm also looking for a VW mod (maybe the vamo v5?? or the tesla?) considering a mech. mod also.. what are some good brands???

Vamo V3 in stainless is a very nice entry level APV. Also, take a look at the MVP V2, the SVD, the Sigelei V3 in stainless. They are all very similar, using the 33.3 China chip, but vary by form factor and fenestration/appearance. The MVP is a box mod and very hot right now. The SVD and Sigelei are telescoping APV's. The Vamo V3, perhaps the best value in the APV world. All good, all highly recommended. Don't think you can go wrong with any of them.

Regarding RBA's, do your research on YouTube and watch a lot of videos on rebuilding coils, and using specific devices, like the RSST mentioned above. Also, check out Battery University on the use of high drain IMR batteries. Check out Ohms Law calculators and YouTube videos. There are many inexpensive starter RDA's under $20, and several of them are quite good entry level learning pieces. Get some rebuildable materials and an Ohm Meter and learn how to use it. There's a bit of a learning curve on RBA/RDA's. Safety first. Good luck and welcome to the Forum. There are many forums that answer all your questions regarding RBA's and RDA's and you should spend some time reviewing these threads here on ECF. You will see a lot of recommendations from the members and this can narrow your search, provide vendors to check out, and speed up the learning curve. Best to you!

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Also check out Baditude's blog. He's got some great info on batteries in it here.

If you push your batteries too hard (discharge too fast) they will heat up. Get them too hot and they will vent and that is dangerous. With a mech mod there are no electronics to stop that from happening. You are the intelligence in that system. You also need to change batteries before they get too low, or you will destroy them. As Bill's Magic Vapor said, get a meter, they're not expensive, and learn how to check coil resistance and battery voltage and when you need to do that.

Anyway, you've got a ton of reading and videos to watch. Have fun and take your time with it. The battery info is important. That's what's going to keep you safe. If you have any questions just ask :thumb:

tj99959

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    RBA's probably aren't for everyone ...... but they sure are fun to play with.

The only reason I started playing around with them was because of the FDA scary stories. I wanted to have "alternatives" should a heavy shoe fall. I was however perfectly satisfied with what I was using before RBA's even existed.

What I found was that the ways to use RBA's were limitless, and the proper ways to set up an RBA were also limitless. So it does seem like a guy needs a PhD in vapeoligy to fully explore the potentials of RBA's.

For me the key was knowing exactly the performance I wanted before I started, and then learning how to make my RBS's do that one thing. Then I was able to understand how to make them perform differently.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread