Settling for less

Status
Not open for further replies.

Weizenheimer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 24, 2013
North Carolina
I would love to have a few more Kayfuns, but I'm unsure about the quality of the various less expensive clones available. I can't afford to buy another genuine one. In fact, being on a very limited income, I can't afford to buy a clone either.

I still have a dozen IBTanked cartotanks, which I still often use. But my kayfun is my current go-to delivery device for sure.

Many people including myself vouch for the ehpro kfl+ v2

ppeeble

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2013
Poole UK
My clone Taifuns give an amazing vape. Clouds of fruity loveliness with a 1.6 ohm micro coil and cotton. I use them all the time. But......
When i try my home-made RY2 ADV in a Taifun or Kayfun clone i hate it. The taste is completely different than in a carto-tank.

The way that toppers are evolving who knows what will be available in 6 months time. I think, like with most things in life, you just have to find what works for you and compromise a little bit. Huge clouds are a no-no for me when i'm in the pub so i use a carto-tank. At home i fill the room with my RBA clouds. Either way, my needs are met. :)

BostonVape

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 25, 2013
BeanTown
I feel your pain OP.. I'm having the same issues after finally moving back to RBA's..

plus I used RBA's to help move down from 12mg to 6mg nicotine.. and now I can't use the 6mg in regular clearos because there is virtually no TH.. and I only have one Kayfun for right now..

I had to buy a bunch of 6mg juice.. and I seriously want to buy a Taifun and a Magma dripper..

I plan on selling one of my evic's.. a bunch of my 18mg juice and some of my old tanks on the classifieds to compensate lol

BostonVape

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 25, 2013
BeanTown
I would love to have a few more Kayfuns, but I'm unsure about the quality of the various less expensive clones available. I can't afford to buy another genuine one. In fact, being on a very limited income, I can't afford to buy a clone either.

I still have a dozen IBTanked cartotanks, which I still often use. But my Kayfun is my current go-to delivery device for sure.

The Kayfun black edition that I read really good reviews about is working awesome so far for me.. and for 45$ which includes all 3 tanks.. you can't go wrong.

neutrontech

ECF Veteran
Dec 16, 2013
Michigan
i just picked up a nautilus and have to say stock it puts out vapor dosent leak ...BUT... no flavor... i wanted a fill n go tank that i could use at work with a steel tank...one i Wont be ordering now...btw my russian 91 is awesome but not something i can take to work.. so thats where the old pro tank still is my everyday tank at work...guess i need to find a vendor who still sells em im down to 2 droped 3 so far..

I actually saw a site selling pt2s for like $8. Think it was 101vapes or something like that.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

neutrontech

ECF Veteran
Dec 16, 2013
Michigan
I feel your pain OP.. I'm having the same issues after finally moving back to RBA's..

plus I used RBA's to help move down from 12mg to 6mg nicotine.. and now I can't use the 6mg in regular clearos because there is virtually no TH.. and I only have one Kayfun for right now..

I had to buy a bunch of 6mg juice.. and I seriously want to buy a Taifun and a Magma dripper..

I plan on selling one of my evic's.. a bunch of my 18mg juice and some of my old tanks on the classifieds to compensate lol

Yes so true. I have 6mg for my drippers and the taifun clone. 12 mg is way to strong on those but the 6 is to weak in my other tanks. Honestly 6mg is getting strong for me in my Taifun.

I decided to clean out my rba and fill it up with my favorite, grimmgreen donut pounder. I was only dripping that one but the Taifun clone gives me an almost identical vape, and offers the convenience of not dripping. I'm really happy with this thing definitely going to buy a couple more at least.

Kbennett65

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2013
Northern, Wi, USA
I still have a few ego's on my desk that I only use if I am going out without my purse since they are so portable. That's the only time I use my clearo's. I got a ProVari and an IBTanked and wow, awesome! But now I bought a Kayfun at my B&M for a pretty good price, and even more wow! The only downfall is it's pretty heavy compared to the carto tank, still getting used to the weight but my does it perform well.

rabernet

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 20, 2011
Buford, GA
Do you find it hard to "settle" for lesser vapes after trying something better? What I mean is when you get your latest gear and it vapes better than your old stuff, are you suddenly less than satisfied with the old stuff?

For example: I've slowly been inching further and further into vaping. When I fot something new and it performed well I would start buying more of it to replace the old. That's fine with cheaper things like protanks, but becomes an issue with the more expensive items.

When i started dripping it wasn't as bad because it wasn't very feasible for me to drip out and about. Otherwise I would have wanted to replace the protanks and drip exclusively. However I was able to breath new life into the old protanks by rebuilding the coils.

Now I've tried a Taifun clone and entered the world of RBAs. Now when I go to vape, I seem to be wanting that instead of my older tanks. I've found myself wishing I had an RBA for each flavor like I did the tanks. Problem is, that's going to get pricy, and I know one day something better will come along and I'll want to replace those then.

Where do you draw the line? It's one thing to go from cartos to clearos and then to glassos. But after that. ...... granted I could just go all clone and it wouldn't be much more than the protanks. My concern is I want to know I've got quality that will last in the RBAs, in the event of vapopolis. I'm less concerned with clone mod quality than I am with clone RBA.

There's nothing wrong with my other vapes, and they satisfy me. I think part of the problem is deciding which juice will get the honor of filling the new tank. Now I find myself wondering what my juices are like in this tank.

Anyone else face this dilemma when getting new gear that outperforms their old gear? Do you just get over it or give in to it?

I was that way, until I got my first REO. Then my hunt was over. I just got more REOS.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II using Tapatalk.

ForeverDiving

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 3, 2014
Uruapan, Michoacan, Mexico.
I don't know much about the Fogger. I've seen one in a vape shop, but don't know anyone who has owned/used one. I guess the experience would be which clone you get, as there are a few. Rip Tripper didn't care for the one that he reviewed.

My only experience with RBA's is with the AGA-T2 genesis-style. :nah: Too fussy & time-consuming, I didn't care for stainless steel wick, having to genny-style tilt to vape, or the likelihood of the device leaking if not kept upright.

I also have a genuine Kayfun Lite Plus 2. I like everything about this RBA. It's easy to build, doesn't leak unless low on juice, has great flavor, and is consistant. Great build quality.

Bad. are you aware that Rip went ballistic (sic, from the original article) when Yoo Ling, the manufacturer, copied from the one that their employers —¿total vape?– were manufacturing? Unfortunately I've been looking for the original review but cannot find it again. No wonder the trashing video... It's said he even threatened to sue the US vendors as the manufacturer would have had a stroke laughing about that. No body paid attention...

In any case, versions 4.x were developed solely by Yoo Ling (borrowing heavily from some AGA type) and AFAIK are way above the first ones both in manufacture as in performance. Mine is quite well made and is a piece of cake to set up. Doesn't leak a drop either unless you mess-up the wicks, and as no instructions come with it, it's easy to do so unless you check (and heed) instructing reviews.

AntC

ECF Veteran
Mar 25, 2014
United States
Ive went through the same steps, I think alot of us vapers have. Always something else to buy, something SO awesome you HAVE to get it lol. I've actually had to stop and realize that the goal is to stop smoking and chewing, and I have. Now my goal includes having a GOOD vape, and I've found that as well, so I've slowed down on buying new things every week/month. I have (all clones) a kayfun lite+,Aqua, Taifun GS, and a Steam Turbine(genesis). ALL of my clones work FANTASTIC, but I did do my homework before purchasing, so I knew what I was getting. Alot of pitfalls out there lol. Not much on Aquas in the threads, but I think its a great tank, just a lil more tricky to build, at first. Basically a dual coil kayfun. And as for the genesis style, I would have never bought one, seemed like too much hassle, the tipping, steel wick, etc. But my buddy gave me the Steam Turbine for free, so I built it, with NO mesh wick, I use ONLY cotton, and its GREAT. Ive actually left mine layin down (accident) on my mod, and was very surprised that it didn't leak. Very happily surprised with the genesis, you may wanna try one at some point, you may find that you like them. I know that I'll buy more stuff as time goes by, but I do think a lil "discipline" is needed to make myself stop buying things that I dont really NEED, just WANT, cus reviewers rave about it. With 6-8 tanks, and 5-6 drippers, I'm covered. I'll add to them as time goes by, but I do believe I've found the vape I've been looking for, it just took a bit to realize it lol.

CKCalmer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2014
My mancave
I used Halo Triton hardware exclusively for the past three months or so.

Then - just a few days ago - I just couldn't stand only having one type of rig any more, so I reached for the stars and got myself an eVic Supreme. And just today, I ordered an SLB eGo-V V3 Mega passthrough battery and a couple of Kanger T2 tanks. I just wanted my portable rig to be more commonly standardized (510/eGo threading vs. KR808-D1 and Halo's proprietary "almost-but-not-quite-eGo" threading) AND the eGo-V V3 gives me a stack of more features than my Triton VV.

What I'll have within a few days will be what I consider the perfect vaping platforms for my needs and desires. A super-quality, super-featured, super-configurable "main mod", and a very nice portable rig with precisely all the features I want in an "on the move" platform.

I may one day want to pick up a nice mech, and at some point I'll want to upgrade the Hypertank on my eVic-S to a Kayfun or a Russian, or at least a Nautilus. But for now, I'm quite content with my current hardware lineup.

:)

TheColdHandedVG

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 30, 2013
New York, USA
I used Halo Triton hardware exclusively for the past three months or so.

Then - just a few days ago - I just couldn't stand only having one type of rig any more, so I reached for the stars and got myself an eVic Supreme. And just today, I ordered an SLB eGo-V V3 Mega passthrough battery and a couple of Kanger T2 tanks. I just wanted my portable rig to be more commonly standardized (510/eGo threading vs. KR808-D1 and Halo's proprietary "almost-but-not-quite-eGo" threading) AND the eGo-V V3 gives me a stack of more features than my Triton VV.

What I'll have within a few days will be what I consider the perfect vaping platforms for my needs and desires. A super-quality, super-featured, super-configurable "main mod", and a very nice portable rig with precisely all the features I want in an "on the move" platform.

I may one day want to pick up a nice mech, and at some point I'll want to upgrade the Hypertank on my eVic-S to a Kayfun or a Russian, or at least a Nautilus. But for now, I'm quite content with my current hardware lineup.

Oh man, with the evic supreme you got to get yourself a rebuildable capable of handling the full 30 watts. I've had those cheap little Kanger T2's and they can barely handle 10 watts with a 2ohm resistance.

I just got my Evic supreme today and I must say that this thing is pretty nice. I can get a much higher wattage with my mech but it's still really nice having a regulated mod that goes up to 30 watts and can handle 0.5ohms. That is exactly how I am using it right now, lowest resistance/highest wattage. Not to shabby...

CKCalmer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2014
My mancave
Oh man, with the evic supreme you got to get yourself a rebuildable capable of handling the full 30 watts. I've had those cheap little Kanger T2's and they can barely handle 10 watts with a 2ohm resistance.
Oh, I'm not going to be putting the Kanger T2's on the eVic-S. Those are only for the SLB eGo-V V3 Mega battery. My "pocket vape".

I'm running a Hypertank clone on the eVic-S at the moment, and I'll probably be upgrading it at some point soon. But I have to say, I like what the HT clone is giving me with the eVic-S, so it's not a huge priority. I've figured out how to entirely prevent the notorious flooding issues people often report with Hypertanks. And the airflow, vape temp, flavor and cloud balance I get are better than I've ever had before.

Once I start getting used to this fantastic improvement my vaping has undergone with all the new hardware, though, I'll likely be pulling out the credit card again.

I agree with you that I should scope out a topper upgrade that will better fit the awesomeness of the eVic-S. :)

Transient

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 8, 2013
Alabama, USA
I'm definitely there. I can't even use my ego and clearos for "on the go" anymore. I have to lug around my kayfun+mech or kayfun+mvp everywhere. I just can't get no (satisfaction) from anything less now. I have a dripper, and I don't even like it. The kayfun is the end-all for me and I don't think I'll ever want more. Just maybe ten different kayfuns and a solid device.

I know, I know. KAYFUN THIS, KAYFUN THAT. KAYFUN KAFUN KAYFUN!

But really. :vapor:

TheColdHandedVG

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 30, 2013
New York, USA
Oh, I'm not going to be putting the Kanger T2's on the eVic-S. Those are only for the SLB eGo-V V3 Mega battery. My "pocket vape".

I'm running a Hypertank clone on the eVic-S at the moment, and I'll probably be upgrading it at some point soon. But I have to say, I like what the HT clone is giving me with the eVic-S, so it's not a huge priority. I've figured out how to entirely prevent the notorious flooding issues people often report with Hypertanks. And the airflow, vape temp, flavor and cloud balance I get are better than I've ever had before.

Once I start getting used to this fantastic improvement my vaping has undergone with all the new hardware, though, I'll likely be pulling out the credit card again.

I agree with you that I should scope out a topper upgrade that will better fit the awesomeness of the eVic-S. :)

Good to hear!

Where did you get the hypertank? Did you buy it a long time ago?

novamatt

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2010
Washington, DC area
I'm definitely there. I can't even use my ego and clearos for "on the go" anymore. I have to lug around my kayfun+mech or kayfun+mvp everywhere. I just can't get no (satisfaction) from anything less now. I have a dripper, and I don't even like it. The kayfun is the end-all for me and I don't think I'll ever want more. Just maybe ten different kayfuns and a solid device.

I know, I know. KAYFUN THIS, KAYFUN THAT. KAYFUN KAFUN KAYFUN!

But really. :vapor:

If it helps with the carrying around, I use this battery case. I can fit 2 kayfuns in there (or two juice bottles) and keep one on my mod.

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
Do you find it hard to "settle" for lesser vapes after trying something better? What I mean is when you get your latest gear and it vapes better than your old stuff, are you suddenly less than satisfied with the old stuff?
Yes, of course... this is why I don't buy any new stuff anymore.

I was perfectly happy dripping in my standard 510 atomizers with a 3.7 volt battery.
Then I tried variable voltage and had to put all my 3.7 volt equipment into storage for eternity.

Now I've been happy dripping in my standard 510 atomizers with variable voltage for years and I'm not going to even try anything else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread