Several questions about dripping with eGo Type B attys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arctherus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2011
California
So, I just embarked on dripping, as I would like to believe it provides a much cleaner flavor, and I really dont mind dripping every now and then.
However, I have soooo many questions because I feel I am possibly doing so many things wrong.

I am using an Type B LR atty. I have dewicked it, and debridged it.What I do is typically drop 5-6 drops into an unscrewed atty. Then, I attach it to the PV, and add another 3 drops. However when I do, 60% of the time the coils get too hot and dont seem wet enough, and produce that burning vapor that burns my thoat and has terrible taste. So I peak into the atty, and the cup that the coil is in is not filled with juice, so I fill it until it gets full, which is add another 3 to even 4 drops. The atty leaks after a couple of minutes(Duh), and I always worry if the juice is going to leak into the device. So I have several questions.

-First, how many drops do I use to primer the atty?
-Do I drop the initial primer drops with the atty screwed on the PV, or by itself and attach it later?
-Do I follow up the primer drops with more drops?
-Should I always debridge or dewick these types of attys?
-In what situations should I do the above things?
-Does the coil produce the "burning fumes" as a result of the coils getting very hot since its LR? Would switching to a regular resistance atty be better for me?

If anyone can answer these questions for me it would be a great help :)

donnah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Albemarle, North Carolina
I've dewicked attys but I've never successfully debridged one. I use a 901atty and I drip 3 drops and vape maybe 7-8 good draws till it needs dripping again. You'll probably need to drip more often then "every now and then" I don't do it unless I'm sitting here at the computer and that's mainly to keep from emptying my bottle in my bottom feeder. I've heard that debridged attys tend to leak because the bridge isn't there to hold the juice. Many ppl swear by debridging but until you get the hang of it you might better go back to using an atty that isn't debridged.

Dripping is so simple that people tend to make it hard. I started out dripping way back in the beginning when I was still using cartridges.. I would drip 7-8 drops into the cartridge then drip a couple into the atty. I finally bought a drip tip and just dripped into the drip tip. On a new, dry atty, it generally takes more drops.. maybe 5-6. If it's leaking out then it's flooded... just blow it out (from the driptip end) and start over. If it has a burnt taste then it's too dry. LR attys need more frequent dripping because they burn hotter. If it gets too hot it will eventually pop.

Just keep at it. It's not hard to do once you get the hang of it. Also, you don't have to unscrew the atty from the batt to drip. If you don't have a driptip.. get one! It will keep you from having to take the mouthpiece off every time you need to drip.

While I do like dripping.. I don't like having to carry around a bottle. I use the 1.7 resurrectors (which are great on the ego) and I also have a bottom feeder. If I'm sitting here and using the bottom feeder, I always have a bottle beside me and I drip but if I get up to go somewhere else, I've got the bottle in the mod that I can use to feed the atty. Some people like to use tanks with their cartos but that requires notching a hole in the carto and I'm too lazy to do that. There is a neat looking device at madvapes.. a drip-on-demand device that I'd like to try but money is always tight and I have to reserve my spending on things I have to have... the drip on demand thing is a want rather than a need.

I know I've rambled on here.. hope I've helped :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread