Status
Not open for further replies.

Noble Gas

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2014
California
The tube is a piece of plumbing I got at a hardware store, with a false bottom and lined with black vinyl duct tape. The tray is the lid from a tin whiskey bottle container. It holds my SVD, M16 Clone, KGO V3 and a Vision Spinner, as well as various clearos. tanks and drip tips. In the front is a cigarette snuffer that I re-purposed to hold tanks when changing coils or letting them prime - there's a little wad of paper towel at the bottom to catch any leakage.
Oh, and across the room is a big box filled with my juice and rebuildables and attys and spare parts.

gear.jpg

Last edited:

Froth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2014
Chipotle.
Those are really nice, I have stuff all over my desk and when I bump something I often get a crapalanche which is frustrating. Great stands.
Ahahaha, crapalanche...I am so stealing that one. I keep all of my vape stuff in front of my desktop tower which is right next to my monitor. At least once a week I get a crapalanche when one of my top heavy mods falls over and takes a dozen bottles of juice and half of my attys and batteries with it.

Btsmokincat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 10, 2013
Waterville ME
Those are really nice, I have stuff all over my desk and when I bump something I often get a crapalanche which is frustrating. Great stands.

HAHAHA! Crapalanche!

My girlfriend and I have 6 kids and without fail they would bump the kitchen table knocking over all my stuff. (of course most of the time I'm the one bumping the table but then I don't have a dog to blame things on, just the rugrats!) :D

Noble Gas

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2014
California
Bigflyrodder: I had to stop mid-vape to laugh at 'crapalanche'. Very funny, and extremely descriptive.

Purplepeeps: The little guy in my avatar is Dominar Rygel XVI, the selfish, lazy Hynerian ruler from one of my favorite shows ever, Farscape. He's royalty, and when he passes wind it's Helium. Helium is part of a group of elements known as the Noble Gasses, so named because they rarely interact chemically with other elements. I initially chose my user name because I'm not usually very social (and a subtle reference to vapor), but when I remembered that Rygel farted Helium I couldn't resist. Also, I am fairly inert.

Btsmokincat: The mods are indeed standing free, though they lean against the pipe and are slightly supported by the edges of the tin tray. No ill effects so far, but I'm careful not to knock the whole thing over. I got that little sewage pipe connector to hold my first eGo batteries because I figured that, in the event of explosion, I would prefer the force of the blast be directed UP. And I like industrial-looking stuff. I'm really impressed with your vape caddy, though - nice work. I went out and bought a drill with the intent of making something along those lines, but haven't got around to it yet. Like I mentioned, fairly inert.

Thanks to everyone for the supportive and thoughtful comments!

Last edited:

Backlash

ECF Veteran
Mar 5, 2014
WA, USA
I miss Farscape, was a good show.

I need to make a new stand for all my crap.. Went from the "crapalanche" to a cheap desktop organizer from walmart.
AAAAC7dLNVgAAAAAAFyL_A.jpg

When I outgrew that.. I took a cheap $5 yoga foam block.. and drilled holes in it :facepalm: (it works..)
Jwraps makes some neat desk organizers i like, but i'd need to change the setup to suit me. So I think I'm going to have to go buy some wood and make a real organizer.

Noble Gas

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2014
California
Backlash: Yeah, I miss Farscape, too. I'm a confessed science fiction nerd, one of those guys who daily laments the absence of a current Star Trek series, and still gets choked up at the passing of Firefly.
I also agree with you about the j-wraps stands - as cool as they are, none have the shape and layout I'm looking for. Also, kinda pricey. Same with Arsenal Stands and many others.

Akpostal: Very nice cases and gear! I don't have near the amount of vape equipment to justify such snazzy containers, but I appreciate the peek - thanks for sharing!

Noble Gas

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2014
California
I bought one for $7 on Fasttech.

Thanks for the suggestion. The main problem for me, in finding a stand to buy, has mostly been configuration and orientation. I've only found a couple that seemed just right, but those were the really pricey ones. I assume you're talking about the fasttech acrylic stands, yes? Those look really cool and are cheap and tempting (madvapes has a few, too), but I live in a building which shakes like jello every time a truck passes, and felt the acrylic stands wouldn't be heavy enough to be stable or practical - they seem to be made more for retail display purposes than everyday use.
How has yours performed?

beckdg

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
TN
pretty soon we're going to have threads with titles like "why do we have to call it crapalanche?". :lol:

it's very catchy.

so, yeah... my crapalanche story...
my stuff is typically pretty contained. though, when i'm testing new flavors, i don't have anything to keep my tiny flavor testing bottles upright. i get a crapalanche of 1 to 5 mil bottles every now and then. then i manage to knock things over that are otherwise very stable. a 2 stage crapalanche if you will....

sc12

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 22, 2013
USA
Nice! I like it! Is your SVD and M16 secured somehow or just standing free?

I have to move my stuff from kitchen to bedroom each evening so I made a wood stand with a handle. It's very rough as I did it free hand with a drill and handsaw, but it works...

View attachment 316636
Really nice! Like the deep slots for your mvp's and the handle for carrying it all around to different locations. If that's your free hand rough work, you've got mad skillz.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread