Shelf Life of Carts

Status
Not open for further replies.

TropicalBob

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2008
Port Charlotte, FL USA
Manufacturers are less than forthright with such needed information. Every package - among many other things - should have a tracking code as with food items. It should tell us when the liquid was made and give us an expiration date.

Course, they're going to have be clubbed into submission to do anything other than turn a quick buck.

deewal

ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2008
In a house.
Yes Kate i wish all suppliers would take a good look at the work that Pillbox has and still is putting in to Labeling and Marketing.
He must have spent a lot of money on it and i cannot see anything on his Wicked Labeling that requires more explaination.
If phillydes says he's seen a date on Pillbox's DSE901B cartridges then i would reckon that the shelf life is at least a year. I really hope the UK suppliers at least follow his example before as TBob say's
they're going to have be clubbed into submission to do anything other than turn a quick buck
as it could come to much worse than that.

PS. Kate and TBob. Have you read this article that i found posted by SJ.
It's worth a read for the very good argument they give for the failure of NRT methods to date.
Especially from the Alternative Nicotine Delivery Systems downward. And what is it that is pictured?
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...048-next-safety-nicotene-delivery-device.html

Last edited:

TropicalBob

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2008
Port Charlotte, FL USA
I read the Next update, Deewal. This device -- it looks like something Janty would dream up -- has been under development now for a few years. I don't believe it has ever been in production. VERY different from Big Pharma's nicotine inhaler.

I must rant about one point in the otherwise fine article: Why do people extrapolate today's health statistics into a future 20 or 50 years down the road AND NOT CONSIDER MEDICAL AND HEALTH ADVANCES YET TO COME?

Does anyone believe we will not defeat cancer in a decade, two decades? Does anyone believe we will not learn how to trigger new cell growth to replace cancerous cells? Does anyone believe we will not grow replacement organs for transplant? Name the condition, the researchers are working on a solution. A report a few nights ago concerned a treatment for all cancers that is two years away from public availability. Who will be the last to die of cancer? We are closing in on that unfortunate soul.

I do not believe "one third of Chinese smokers under age 30" will die of a smoking-related disease. It takes 25 years or more for lung cancer to develop, according to researchers. What will computers do to help science advance cures that mock today's admonitions? I don't think anyone can completely predict the timetable, or type, of advances in medicine and treatment. I do think our present "poison, cut and burn" treatment will be seen as barbaric in a few decades.

That rant over, I do think inhalation of nicotine is the best way to replace smoking for nicotine addicts. Our devices accomplish that end result.

Oklahoma

Dec 2, 2008
Tulsa
BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU ASK FOR!

If we ask for a BORN date and DEAD date on cartridges or juice bottles then we are requesting more regulation on the product. This will add additional cost to the product. Yes, we must be concerned with rogue juice makers to ensure they distribute a safe product. Research is needed but be careful how regulation is involved.

Quit smoking 1-1-09 after 35 years.

TropicalBob

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2008
Port Charlotte, FL USA
We MUST have more regulation. Our practice of inhaling unregulated, untested, unknown liquids from China that we heat and vaporize is ... untenable. No one could support that as safe, healthy, etc. We're all happy fools who found a replacement for cigarettes! Take off the rose glasses and consider what we're doing. It must change. Regulations -- and higher prices -- are a given. And that's the "best case" scenario. Worst is a full ban.

deewal

ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2008
In a house.
TBob. I absolutely agree with your Rant. They are using figures plucked from the air because it looks good when trying to sell the Device and smooth the way for acceptance of it.

Oklahoma. I'm trying to work out how many carts i can buy and stockpile for the day when they ban it because it's not regulated. :)
I think a lot of suppliers are letting their stock run down and not buying new stock until they see how things go.
If you think prices will go up if it's regulated then imagine how much you'll be paying if you have to buy it on a black market.
Worse still how much you'll pay not only in money but in health if you have to go back to Analogues.

parapo

ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2008
Greece
BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU ASK FOR!

If we ask for a BORN date and DEAD date on cartridges or juice bottles then we are requesting more regulation on the product. This will add additional cost to the product. Yes, we must be concerned with rogue juice makers to ensure they distribute a safe product. Research is needed but be careful how regulation is involved.

Quit smoking 1-1-09 after 35 years.

www.teeceetrade.eu has both production and expire date on each bottle
and is to 50% cheaper than any other juice maker....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread