Shiny After Hours Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2016
The Forest
The time has come that I really really didn’t want. Monk is going across the Rainbow Bridge tomorrow. His vet (one of my oldest’s bffs) was a senior in high school when he was born. She came to the house in the middle of the night in time to see him arrive. And will be here to see him in the end. My poor sweet, April Fools Day pup pup.
Awww I'm so sorry Mel.

Lotsa love for Monk and ya all. :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

Terri McVeety

ECF Veteran
Nov 9, 2018
NE Texas
The time has come that I really really didn’t want. Monk is going across the Rainbow Bridge tomorrow. His vet (one of my oldest’s bffs) was a senior in high school when he was born. She came to the house in the middle of the night in time to see him arrive. And will be here to see him in the end. My poor sweet, April Fools Day pup pup.
I cry with you, I’m so sorry

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand

I know how hard this is, I'm thinking of you :wub:

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    @NolaMel you are making the right decision. It's so hard when a pet is nearing the end. Our big dog was so miserable by the end. There was nothing she loved more than being active and she just didn't get she couldn't and was injuring herself constantly and we couldn't keep her comfortable anymore and there are times you know it is time.

I am well, pro person anesthesia (I realize that's not the most popular stance) but with pets.... It's impossible, because they don't know or understand. I often find it crueler to the pet to make it stay past the right time, because they don't get a single thing about why they feel so bad. My thoughts will be with you today. No one ever wants to make that decision but I am so glad your vet can come to the house, it is so much the best way.

Anna

Ricky Vapes

ECF Veteran
    Sep 30, 2019
    Thanks for the support y’all. I so didn’t want to have to make the decision.
    Sorry to hear I fear that happening nearly everyday with my boy Toby or any of my rabbits. I got to hold my kitty’s paw when she got put to sleep and she looked at me the whole time like it’s okay dad.

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    Thanks for the support y’all. I so didn’t want to have to make the decision.

grouphugs.jpg

chanelvaps

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 3, 2013
    Burbank CAlifornia
    OH NO! I can only imagine how sad a day for you. (((BIG HUG))) for you.

NolaMel

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 17, 2012
    New Orleans
    Love all y’all too!!!! :wub:
    Monk had filet mignon, twice baked mashed potatoes, and mixed veggies for dinner. He thought he’d hit the jackpot. But, he didn’t even finish it. You know a birddog feels bad when they turn down food, especially the much craved people stuff. He’s always been my shadow, my baby (really big baby lol) from the day he was born. But I can’t stand to think he’s in pain. At least I can make it go away for him. It’s the least I can do for being the best pup ever.

NolaMel

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 17, 2012
    New Orleans
    Oh Mel, nothing to say that will help. Hugs for you and your family. Feel bad for catdog too.
    Oh, Catdog will probably be looking for champagne and party poppers. He desperately wanted to be her friend. She was (to put it mildly) not interested.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    Oh, Catdog will probably be looking for champagne and party poppers. He desperately wanted to be her friend. She was (to put it mildly) not interested.
    Bet she'll still miss his presence in the house. Em looks for a cat that's missing and she completely ignores them all.

NolaMel

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 17, 2012
    New Orleans
    Bet she'll still miss his presence in the house. Em looks for a cat that's missing and she completely ignores them all.
    Maybe because dogs are pack animals by nature. I know our standard poodle would check the doors all night until the girls got home when they were still living here and went out for the evening. And when I was in the hospital, she slept by the back door the entire time I was gone. They like their “packs” intact. Dogs always seem to mourn losses more like we do.

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 28, 2016
    The Forest
    Maybe because dogs are pack animals by nature. I know our standard poodle would check the doors all night until the girls got home when they were still living here and went out for the evening. And when I was in the hospital, she slept by the back door the entire time I was gone. They like their “packs” intact. Dogs always seem to mourn losses more like we do.
    Dog would bring the Wife's tennis shoes to me every night for almost a month after she died. And the first night she howled for hours. Cat still cuddles on her pillow every day. She never did that before. I agree they do mourn and have long memories.

Boudica

ECF Veteran
    Nov 16, 2013
    Auckland. New Zealand

Oh I am so very, very sad and sorry to hear this. But yes we do what is best for them and it's awful to see your pet in pain. I'm sure Monk had the best life ever with you and was obviously hugely loved.

Your story is similar to one of mine.My ex husband's best mate was also his best friend and our vet and came to our house to put our amazing 16yr old Labrador to sleep.He also advised us to show the body to the other dogs and the cats too.We did this, let them all have a good sniff and a look, they ALL seemed to understand, thinking of you, take extra special care. Wish there was a nice heart emoji here.Big hugs to you.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread