Status
Not open for further replies.

Anise

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
May 11, 2016
Southern Louisiana USA
I'm so very sorry @NolaMel. A friend of mine put off sending his dog to the rainbow bridge. He told me later he just couldn't bear losing his friend. The dog ended up dying in agony a month later. My friend never forgave himself for making his dog die in pain.
You're doing the right thing. You'll miss Monk but you're being a good mom to Monk. We're all here for you if you need support. I love you for being unselfish with Monk. :wub: Monk will always have a place in your heart.

NolaMel

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2012
New Orleans
My handsome man doesn’t feel so hot today. Even less perky than yesterday. He’s definitely telling me it’s time :cry:
0C4270E1-1080-4E1D-941D-7053715F97E6.jpeg

chanelvaps

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Burbank CAlifornia

Terri McVeety

ECF Veteran
Nov 9, 2018
NE Texas
My handsome man doesn’t feel so hot today. Even less perky than yesterday. He’s definitely telling me it’s time :cry:
View attachment 887593
Such a handsome guy! He will be waiting around the bridge-you’ll see him again in the very far future. Love and hugs....

Zazie

ECF Guru? No!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 2, 2018
Maine, USA
View attachment 887593
He is such a lovely boy. There's a faraway look in his eyes, though. He is ready to rest.

NolaMel

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2012
New Orleans
so glad we got a picture of the very handsome guy. Love to MOnk and you.
He was handsome from day one. Here he is “learning” to swim in my tub (my youngest thought it was a great idea lol. Took forever to get the fur out!). He’s the big one getting a cup rinse :rolleyes:
F63B4B79-CB7D-4086-A855-71F07FB19054.jpeg

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Aww..... He's a cutie pie. Some pets are just "with" us. My first cat was an indoor-outdoor cat and I don't regret it. He was a cunning hunter he would have been miserable otherwise. An all black cat I decided to name 'Midnight." He was my companion so much of the time, he was smart as all get out and well, just SOMEHOW more than a cat.

One day he didn't come back and the vet called us. He got hit and run but someone found him and scooped him up and brought him in. He was paralyzed in his back legs so I would trot over to the vet, and he was SO miserable. The vet said he wasn't eating so I would grab his food and he would lick it off my fingers. He was just.... "I'm doing this for YOU Anna, this deal ain't working for me." The vet offered to "Open him up to take a look at his spine to see if it MIGHT be fixed for like $1500 K. I didn't even blame them for turning it down that is a TON of money for not very much results and four kids. He was put down but I got to be there and I am pretty sure peace came into his eyes (and freedom) just before they closed, instead of suffering.

I replaced him with the handsomest, prettiest kitten. His name was Parker, he was fun but about as dopey as a brick. He did not often leave the yard I don't think "Free range I am going to EAT something great" was really in his repertoire. LOL. He was all black and white in the craziest patterns, but he was more like a living stuffed toy, in the sense of "super lazy" but he for SURE was no Midnight, although I did spend a lot of time laying in the sun and well, I would lay there petting him.

Some pets just call us. I still miss that cat but if I had curtailed his freedom I think the life he had would have been longer but FAR more miserable.

IDK I'm not big on telling cats who and what they have to be. They don't like it.

I am pretty sure my cat will be there to welcome me, and I will be full of DELIGHT. Not the other ones really they can do what they'd like but Midnight will run up like a streak of black lightning and it should be a joyful reunion.

Lots of love to your yes, very very tired guy. He will be happy if he knows he has your permission. That is how it goes, I'm so sorry I know you'll miss him.

Anna

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    So are me and My animals.

I took Sylvester and precious to the vet today for their first check up. Such brave bunnies did so good. Looks like I’m getting better at sexing them I got it right this time. Sylvester is a big boy and precious a little girl

You are da MAN :lol: Make sure you skite your head of that you successfully sexted your bunnies :wub:

NolaMel

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 17, 2012
    New Orleans
    @NolaMel knows how much we all love her :wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub:
    and I think she went back to the lake cottage today, to see if she could drown a jackaroo ;)
    It’s safe inside :lol: for the moment
    I’m back at my happy place (6 hour drive later). We all tested covid neg, so Mom can come join us tomorrow :banana:
    My heart aches over losing my Chunky Monkey, but I know it was what I had to do.
    Took a dot down to the dock to set on the bench and drink up,a little of this serenity...
    F72F5EC1-C648-4DDF-96FB-349B2E9A428B.jpeg

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread