Not open for further replies.

chanelvaps

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Burbank CAlifornia
How did Cheddar do at the adoption event on Saturday, @chanelvaps?
they cancelled it because the Rescue did not have the proper docs. Scheduled for next Saturday. I went to Staples and made a page size photo of the pic of Daphne laying down and Cheddar curled up between her legs (paws intertwined) to show that Cheddar was dog friendly.

chanelvaps

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Burbank CAlifornia
I have not wanted to say because I am not 100% sure yet. I am sure enough that I told the rescue director. I told her "I think I have foster failed with Cheddar and as of right now I think I am going to keep her and of course I will make a donation to you if I do"
The only thing making me hesitate is the aggression from Julie to Cheddar. I am working on giving Julie tons of love and protecting her favorite time of bedtime with me. Cheddar still goes in her cage at night to guard against anything happening while I am asleep. I asked the director if she though this was cruel and she said it is not because Cheddar is used to it.

chanelvaps

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Burbank CAlifornia
Cheddar is Daphne's cat so I am fully expecting Daphne to learn how to clean her litter box and save her money for all of Cheddars vet bills that might come up through the years.
chedds 1.jpg

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    I have not wanted to say because I am not 100% sure yet. I am sure enough that I told the rescue director. I told her "I think I have foster failed with Cheddar and as of right now I think I am going to keep her and of course I will make a donation to you if I do"
    The only thing making me hesitate is the aggression from Julie to Cheddar. I am working on giving Julie tons of love and protecting her favorite time of bedtime with me. Cheddar still goes in her cage at night to guard against anything happening while I am asleep. I asked the director if she though this was cruel and she said it is not because Cheddar is used to it.

I'm so glad to see this :wub:

You gave Cheddar the chance to be adopted, but she had obviously bonded too well with you, to be happy anywhere else.

And I think after all of the effort you put into fostering, trap/spray/neutering and finding homes for your charges - an orange bundle of sunshine named Cheddar is a very small reward.

CheddarCheese.jpg

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 25, 2014
    toledo ohio

I think so often people get/keep an animal because they feel attached to it. I always had the rule my pets had to be compatible, but after seeing the instant bond between Georgia and Rudy, I realize that’s my new standard.

I agree that you would know if nightly crating was stressful for Cheddar. It would be far more stressful for him to be rehomed away from Daphne. It’s so sweet how close they are.

chanelvaps

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 3, 2013
    Burbank CAlifornia
    That's pretty good. Cheddar is learning her place, and Julie doesn't seem to feel the need to do more than tell her to back off.
    YES. I feel it is getting better. Poor Joe gets the brunt of it but he handles it well. (as long as he gets lots of treats he is a happy guy)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread