Not open for further replies.

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    I got the diagnosis that something was showing up IN August, but it was too small to diagnose and the DR was pretty calm about it. I then decided to keep Cheddar in Sept. thinking I was well and not giving it much more thought. The virus and isolating was a factor because I live alone and it can be brutal on mental health so I needed something to cheer me up. I have made plans for Cheddar to be boarded at the Rescue that supported my efforts with the wild cats I caught and socialized over the summer. She has moved and now has two free roam rooms and she will keep Cheddar for me while I am in the hospital and maybe for a few days after I come home. Cheddar is still not free-roaming in my home 24/7 because it is not really kitten proof and I am worried about what she will get into while I am asleep. She goes in her 'room" (cage) at night, with a teaspoon of baby food for a treat.

I'm glad you have a Cheddar minder for when you need it.

And I agree 500% that having an animal improves your mental health and general well-being. Especially when they are as crazy, adorable and loving as the fur babies we all are lucky enough to have :wub:

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 25, 2014
    toledo ohio
    I got the diagnosis that something was showing up IN August, but it was too small to diagnose and the DR was pretty calm about it. I then decided to keep Cheddar in Sept. thinking I was well and not giving it much more thought. The virus and isolating was a factor because I live alone and it can be brutal on mental health so I needed something to cheer me up. I have made plans for Cheddar to be boarded at the Rescue that supported my efforts with the wild cats I caught and socialized over the summer. She has moved and now has two free roam rooms and she will keep Cheddar for me while I am in the hospital and maybe for a few days after I come home. Cheddar is still not free-roaming in my home 24/7 because it is not really kitten proof and I am worried about what she will get into while I am asleep. She goes in her 'room" (cage) at night, with a teaspoon of baby food for a treat.

Cheddar is a beauty, and I’m glad you have such excellent company. Sometimes I think how hard it is to live alone, but when you hear how much others are struggling being cooped up with their human companions, I think well maybe this isn’t so bad lol.

I think the key is keeping busy, distracted. Most of my family have hobbies and are holding up pretty well. My one sister-in-law has anxiety all the time and this is about sending her over the edge - the one I make juice for.

She tested positive two weeks ago and was pretty sick. Her BF, adult daughter, daughter’s BF, and her son have all tested positive. BF has no symptoms at all. He wouldn’t have ever known he was sick, except that he got tested because she got sick.

He works in heating and air. He was in and out of people’s houses every day.

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 25, 2014
    toledo ohio
    7EA20BCF-0EDF-41D0-8224-CCDB52B697B0.jpeg
    Not a morning person

Zazie

ECF Guru? No!
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 2, 2018
    Maine, USA
    Cheddar is a beauty, and I’m glad you have such excellent company. Sometimes I think how hard it is to live alone, but when you hear how much others are struggling being cooped up with their human companions, I think well maybe this isn’t so bad lol.

I think the key is keeping busy, distracted. Most of my family have hobbies and are holding up pretty well. My one sister-in-law has anxiety all the time and this is about sending her over the edge - the one I make juice for.

She tested positive two weeks ago and was pretty sick. Her BF, adult daughter, daughter’s BF, and her son have all tested positive. BF has no symptoms at all. He wouldn’t have ever known he was sick, except that he got tested because she got sick.

He works in heating and air. He was in and out of people’s houses every day.
    Did he wear a mask?

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 25, 2014
    toledo ohio
    Did he wear a mask?
    He had to, because of local mandates. His boss wouldn’t have made him, and he thinks it’s stupid (or used to, now he’s changed his tune) but the customers don’t always. There’s a lot of push-back against all of this here, masks, lockdown, distancing... but they think he didn’t catch it from work, they think she caught it from one of her kids.

NolaMel

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 17, 2012
    New Orleans
    @NolaMel I keep forgetting to ask you, does Catdog do this?

Whenever Luna wants petting while I'm doing stuff around the house - she flops down in front of my feet, rolls on her back and waits patiently. It is just like what a dog does :lol:
    Yes! Usually right where she can be tripped over. I told Himself I fear she’s plotting my demise :rolleyes:
    Doodlebug (the very large lapdog o_O) does a tuck and roll onto your lap, then edges over til he can get mostly on you. Himself had the recliner back , so that helped
    C5C042F0-44F0-491D-A91C-C0E1B5AD3EB4.jpeg

Reactions: wvducklady

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    Yes! Usually right where she can be tripped over. I told Himself I fear she’s plotting my demise :rolleyes:
    Doodlebug (the very large lapdog o_O) does a tuck and roll onto your lap, then edges over til he can get mostly on you. Himself had the recliner back , so that helped
    View attachment 927405

Wow gorgeous Sammy sure ain't a teacup rottie anymore :lol:

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread