Status
Not open for further replies.

swoody

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2011
Chicago, USA
Hello, all!

Unfortunately, my Cana Modz clone died today. Luckily, that means I get to start shopping for a new mod to buy! :D

I had just recently came across the new sx350 board, and it sounds like a great new step up. Finding mods with the chip at this time is a bit tough though.

I had come across the BC Modz (26650) which looks incredible, and their Mini version (18650). Otherwise, I am not coming across many mods yet, and fewer yet that are available.

I was hoping to toss this out there to my fellow ECF'ers to try and get more opinions and info on what's on the market at this time. If the pickins are really slim, I may wind up going with another DNA30...

jimbill

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 4, 2011
aurora,indiana
Hello, all!

Unfortunately, my Cana Modz clone died today. Luckily, that means I get to start shopping for a new mod to buy! :D

I had just recently came across the new sx350 board, and it sounds like a great new step up. Finding mods with the chip at this time is a bit tough though.

I had come across the BC Modz (26650) which looks incredible, and their Mini version (18650). Otherwise, I am not coming across many mods yet, and fewer yet that are available.

I was hoping to toss this out there to my fellow ECF'ers to try and get more opinions and info on what's on the market at this time. If the pickins are really slim, I may wind up going with another DNA30...
I would take a look at ebay there are all kinds of custom sx350 mods listed.

Budkiss

Verified Member
Jul 15, 2014
Alabama
Who would turn down a 1000hp car if it were the same price today as the 500hp car was 6 months ago. The same argument is true for computers.
The software most folks use was sufficient 1 year, 2 years (maybe more) ago. We just want bigger, faster, sleeker. You could argue the same for televisions, fishing gear, golf clubs, etc. It is our human nature IMO to want bigger and better... even when we don't use it (to the capacity it was made)

In my vaping I went from a Vamo v5 (1.2 ohm min and 15 w max) to an iPV2 (.3 ohm to 50 w max) and found so much more versatility. I can build low on my rda and crank it up or build high on my fogger and stay low... in each case I can find the sweet spot. i love it.

When 100 w comes out other mods will follow suit to expand the ohm and wattage possibilities. I support the movement as long as it stays safe and helps folks stop smoking.

swoody

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2011
Chicago, USA
The wattage race strikes me as absurd. I suppose it's cool to have bragging rights with a 100 watt mod, but in the real world, it's probably just about as useful as a 1000 hp car.

I had thought about this. When I got back home I was vaping on my backup DNA20 mod and itaste VV V3, and realized it was more than enough to get me by.... I realized too that I've never even maxed out my DNA20 board, even using my Kayfun.

Perhaps I should look into getting something that's capable of performing the way I actually vape, is reliable, and thoroughly field tested rather than chasing after these latest and greatest new thing to come out of China. (I don't abuse my gear, but I've had three mods fall apart, stop working, or break on me in the last 9 months)

There's always the Provari... and they are releasing a variable wattage mod here in two months.....

wolfstone5

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2010
Somerset, Pennsylvania
Unless you just absolutely need or want to get a new high powered mod, I would wait it out for a bit. The wattage wars are on and the market is being flooded with them. My Hana clone died within a few weeks! I quickly bought a replacement, a Tatroe Atlas 50 watt box mod. It has the SX350 and is an excellent device. It's not perfect though and it cost $235! In retrospect, I would have been just as happy buying the IVP V2 at half the cost. This morning I saw the new Sigelei 100 Watt on Ebay. They're on a preorder and won't be available until the end of August. I can only imagine what will be available next month. I'm also looking forward to seeing what ProVape has to offer with the new ProVari. It may only have 24 watts but you can be sure it will be a quality piece and will last a lifetime! That's one big advantage to buying these devices that are made here in the USA...you can get them repaired.

Budkiss

Verified Member
Jul 15, 2014
Alabama
Unless you just absolutely need or want to get a new high powered mod, I would wait it out for a bit. The wattage wars are on and the market is being flooded with them. My Hana clone died within a few weeks! I quickly bought a replacement, a Tatroe Atlas 50 watt box mod. It has the SX350 and is an excellent device. It's not perfect though and it cost $235! In retrospect, I would have been just as happy buying the IVP V2 at half the cost. This morning I saw the new Sigelei 100 Watt on Ebay. They're on a preorder and won't be available until the end of August. I can only imagine what will be available next month. I'm also looking forward to seeing what ProVape has to offer with the new ProVari. It may only have 24 watts but you can be sure it will be a quality piece and will last a lifetime! That's one big advantage to buying these devices that are made here in the USA...you can get them repaired.[/QUOTE]

The IPV 1,2 (and 3) have a 1 yr warrenty and the shop is in California.

Didn't China sort of INVENT the vape? (Im all for buy US but it seems they are ahead of the game and half the price)

swoody

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2011
Chicago, USA
My backup DNA20 mod has been sitting for some time now. It only has a 1000 mAh battery, and is now showing "Weak Battery" warnings. I had to do something... I may or may not have just pulled the trigger on a v2.5 Provari.

Didn't China sort of INVENT the vape? (Im all for buy US but it seems they are ahead of the game and half the price)

designertriangle (Small).jpg

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
The wattage race strikes me as absurd. I suppose it's cool to have bragging rights with a 100 watt mod, but in the real world, it's probably just about as useful as a 1000 hp car.

That's Ironic that you would say that.

Because I am Looking for a SX350 Box Mod so I can go below 7w if I want to.

LOL

swoody

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2011
Chicago, USA
That's Ironic that you would say that.

Because I am Looking for a SX350 Box Mod so I can go below 7w if I want to.

LOL

Here's another option you may want to look into: ProVari 3 | The Personal Vaporizer Perfected.

"The ProVari 3 wattage can be adjusted from 3 – 20 in 0.2 watt increments"

With initial reviews of their beta models, and the track record of their products in general, I would be willing to bet it is going to be a very solid and reliable mod.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Here's another option you may want to look into: ProVari 3 | The Personal Vaporizer Perfected.

"The ProVari 3 wattage can be adjusted from 3 – 20 in 0.2 watt increments"

With initial reviews of their beta models, and the track record of their products in general, I would be willing to bet it is going to be a very solid and reliable mod.

Yeah... I have a Provari v1.0 and a Provari v2.0. Love them Both.

Kinda would like a SX350 Box Mod though.

herb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014
Northern NJ native , Coastal NC now.
Yeah... I have a Provari v1.0 and a Provari v2.0. Love them Both.

Kinda would like a SX350 Box Mod though.

I would take a Reo over a Provari if i had any interest in spending that kind of $$, the Provari's shape and especially price just doesn't work for me, but to others , sure why not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread