Short fat Genesis?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chelonian

ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2014
Upper East TN
MMV makes one that sounds to be exactly what you want
DID mini, or Short, I dont remember. Its the one I use the most, as the only thing I dont like about Gennys are the length of many of them.
On a side note, the Origen vaped too hot for me - that reduced chamber. So if you like warm vapes, that might work.
If you like shorter attys, the DID is the shortest I have found. It is t, however, fatter than average. 22 is widest you will get.

Redacted

Last edited:

hippesthippo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
Detroit, MI
Haven't tried any of the in'ax style center wick gennies. The limited build options and hokey looking positive connection turn me off.

However, the BF-99 is a worthwhile attie with good flavor, great wicking, a versatile build deck, and some innovative features. It's not without drawbacks though. The v1, which I have, uses a non-conducive coating on the entire build deck/chamber. Nice idea, but it scratches so easily, it's almost pointless. Secondly, while it does have AFC, your options range from very-restrictive (.8mmish) to.. nothing. haha. Increasing the airflow would be tricky at best.

EDIT: Oh, and the fill method is great! Decent size hole right through the live post. It's really, really difficult to make this atty leak.

The more I think about, the more I remember how enjoyable the BF-99 was for me. I cocked up the threads on the center post/510 area, right where a crucial o-ring slots into place, in a total assnine move which I'm still ...... off at myself for. Oh, well.

I hear a v2 is coming out soon with a better coating. IF that's the case, and the AFC has a wider range of options, I'd highly recommend it.

Last edited:

WattWick

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2013
Cold Norway
The Aquilo is on the shorter side. Haven't tried one, tho. And the mentioned Sat22. The top cap gives it a very small appearance. Still hold just shy of 3ml.

Here's a Sat on a Nanos with a hybrid adapter. Just shy of 10cm plus the driptip.

BLkckqY.jpg

Last edited:

snow blind

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2012
PA
I just got the Sat22 infinity clone....just to try it out. I drilled out the air hole to 3mm. It vapes like a dripper now.....huge dense clouds. It is an intense vape....I like it a lot but it is too intense to vape it all day.

The 3mm air hole was your mistake. The Sat 22 is a pretty tight design overall and the airflow, while restrictive, is proportionate to the chamber size, build and wicking that are intended with a good mesh setup.

Reactions: demonatas

TheOnyxEgg

ECF Veteran
Jun 13, 2014
Minneapolis, MN, USA
Also just picked up the Sat22 Infinite clone recently. Build quality wasn't great (had to remove burrs from all holes in the deck), but it's enough to give me an idea of how it would perform.

In general I like it a lot, had been looking for something with a nice stiff draw and this is perfect. Now I just need to get my wicking down so that longer drags don't turn so burn-y. :)

Might have to start working on tracking down one of the real deals soon...

snow blind

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2012
PA
Also just picked up the Sat22 Infinite clone recently. Build quality wasn't great (had to remove burrs from all holes in the deck), but it's enough to give me an idea of how it would perform.

In general I like it a lot, had been looking for something with a nice stiff draw and this is perfect. Now I just need to get my wicking down so that longer drags don't turn so burn-y. :)

Might have to start working on tracking down one of the real deals soon...

Good luck finding an authentic... well for any "reasonable" amount lol. (actually, they might have come down in price since gennies aren't "trendy" anymore so much... aside from in Europe and among the intelligent vapers here in the us :p) Though having used the authentic side by side with my clone, i can say, there is literally no difference in terms of vape quality and almost none in terms of build quality... if you have an infinite clone as i do.

Tip for wicking in the sat...

Try some 200 mesh and roll a hollow/straw wick. Make sure it's touching the inside of the deck hole just enough that you can easily pull it in and out but it will stay there by friction alone when you let go. Give it a good 4/5 wrap (or 3/4 wrap) with 28g... wrap from negative to positive... keep you tension even (very important for hot spots) and you should be good to go.

TheOnyxEgg

ECF Veteran
Jun 13, 2014
Minneapolis, MN, USA
I picked up my Sat22 and Nahaulon (both Infinite clones) from VapeRoyalty. Everything came in a timely fashion and haven't had any issues with the the vendor.

Like I mentioned above, the Sat22 had some burr issues on both of the deck holes, but nothing a little time with a very small file couldn't correct. :)

Other than the burrs on the Sat22 both seem to be of a high quality.

Current (less than optimally wicking) setup in the Sat 22 is a mesh straw of #500 mesh (I'll have to pick up some #200 to try) with a (I think) a 3/4 wrap of 30awg Kanthal. Metered at just under 1 ohm.

Love the flavor and the draw and temp, just need to get it wicking better so that I can take pulls longer than 3 or 4 seconds.

EDO

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2009
The 3mm air hole was your mistake. The Sat 22 is a pretty tight design overall and the airflow, while restrictive, is proportionate to the chamber size, build and wicking that are intended with a good mesh setup.

Otherwise I would throw it in the trash....with a 3mm airhole it is still by far the most resrictive airflow atty I got. My favorite atty right now is still the Kraken and I got two 3mm air holes on that one. I don't have any atty that I haven't drilled it out....even the Origen v2 genny I drilled out. It just a preference thing.

Chelonian

ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2014
Upper East TN
I havent had the luck that you guys are having with clones.
Over the last year, I noticed that clone quality seemed to be getting better-so I bought some.
Got a Hobo, a Little Boy, SIMPL with a matching RDA and chuff top.
A few others as well.
All of them from "brands" that had good reps EHPro, Infinite, A Mod....
I eventually had problems (within 3 months) with every single one. Most of the problem were fixable, a few were minor, and a few were deal breakers.
The worst were the auto firing button on the SIMPL and the center post short on the Little Boy.
It did get me to buy the authentics of the two drippers, and confirm that I dont like passthrough mods (SIMPL)
I even took a mandrel to the SIMPL to make sure that the tube wasnt deformed, took apart the switch and polished all parts with a dremel....still stuck.
Meanwhile, the only issue with my authentics was a failure of part of the LED readout in one of my Provaris, which they fixed for free.
None of mechs have had a problem, and all my authentic attys have performed flawlessly as well.
I have no, how to put it-political issues with clones. I just have had rotten luck with them

Redacted

snow blind

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2012
PA
I havent had the luck that you guys are having with clones.
Over the last year, I noticed that clone quality seemed to be getting better-so I bought some.
Got a Hobo, a Little Boy, SIMPL with a matching RDA and chuff top.
A few others as well.
All of them from "brands" that had good reps EHPro, Infinite, A Mod....
I eventually had problems (within 3 months) with every single one. Most of the problem were fixable, a few were minor, and a few were deal breakers.
The worst were the auto firing button on the SIMPL and the center post short on the Little Boy.
It did get me to buy the authentics of the two drippers, and confirm that I dont like passthrough mods (SIMPL)
I even took a mandrel to the SIMPL to make sure that the tube wasnt deformed, took apart the switch and polished all parts with a dremel....still stuck.
Meanwhile, the only issue with my authentics was a failure of part of the LED readout in one of my Provaris, which they fixed for free.
None of mechs have had a problem, and all my authentic attys have performed flawlessly as well.
I have no, how to put it-political issues with clones. I just have had rotten luck with them

Redacted

Wrong thread?

spaceman84

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 17, 2013
North Carolina
I picked up my Sat22 and Nahaulon (both Infinite clones) from VapeRoyalty. Everything came in a timely fashion and haven't had any issues with the the vendor.

Like I mentioned above, the Sat22 had some burr issues on both of the deck holes, but nothing a little time with a very small file couldn't correct. :)

Other than the burrs on the Sat22 both seem to be of a high quality.

Current (less than optimally wicking) setup in the Sat 22 is a mesh straw of #500 mesh (I'll have to pick up some #200 to try) with a (I think) a 3/4 wrap of 30awg Kanthal. Metered at just under 1 ohm.

Love the flavor and the draw and temp, just need to get it wicking better so that I can take pulls longer than 3 or 4 seconds.
I was under the impression that higher count mesh wicked better than lower count, unless there is some performance difference between VG and PG on mesh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread