Short hello and into

Status
Not open for further replies.

Justjames75

Jun 12, 2014
Chattanooga, Tn
Hi everyone,
I'm James
I smoked pack, pack and half a day for 25 years. I have tried unsuccessfully to give up cigarettes. My wife is a smoker as well, but for not near as long. After we spent a long weekend last month at a music festival, she decided that she was ready to quit.
When we got home, I started researching a cheap way to get into ecigs and found the ego on line for a decent price. I ordered 2 sets and waited a week for them. I found a local shop and bought a bottle of juice.
Here it is 2 weeks later and I haven't had but 7 analogs. I wish we had done this sooner. I am really enjoying vaping and it's unbelievable how big this culture really is. So many things to learn and try. I'm stoked that I found this forum and look forward to being apart of this group. Thanks for being here and having me..

DetraMental

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 31, 2013
United States
Hello and Welcome!!! It's always nice to get new members here who are stoked about vaping. There's lots of information in here all ya gotta do is ask. Please feel free to share your experiences too cuz' they can help other members just coming in or us members who have been around for a bit. Hope to read more from you! Happy Vaping!! :vapor:

Rat2chat2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2013
North Carolina
RA-YellowroseMouse207-welcome.gif
to ecf Justjames75. Congrats to you ad your wife. I couldn't agree any more.............wish I had tried it earlier too. I just love vaping. I honestly think more than smoking. Good luck to ya and I hope to read future posts about how successful your vaping is going. :)

Justjames75

Jun 12, 2014
Chattanooga, Tn
Welcome and congratulations! Eventually you will get rid of the cigs all together!!
Thanks, I haven't bought a pack in 2 weeks! I took to this like a duck to water. The first weekend I did have a few, but it was due to having the wrong flavor during a laid back evening sipping on some bourbon. I quickly rectified the situation with a trip to the shop and found something that goes better with a cold drink. That's one of the most amazing things about this for me, I can't really think of any other time up to this short point that I went, " I need a smoke". It's all been about figuring out what works for me.

choochoogranny

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2013
chattanooga, tn, usa
Hello, Justjames, and welcome to ECF! :)

There are a number of good shops in and around Chattanooga with all kinds of gear and tasty juices. Get yourself on Facebook and visit Scenic City Vapers Club. You'll see a lot Dimi (Dimitris Agrafiotis, owner of Portofino's) and known as "The Vapin Greek" there. He's got a "Letter to the Editor" in today's paper, and it's largely due to his huge efforts that we have a "vaper's heaven" in Chattanooga as well as Knoxille.

Also ask your shop about the next vape meet. Believe it'll be sometime in Aug. The last large one in Apr. had 400 people attend and 12 vendors set up. The one before that was held in Feb. and 600 people came as well as Phil Busardo! :D Was held at the ChooChoo Ballroom downtown. Everyone is welcomed, free entry, lots of raffles, and bring your smoking friends! The first one I went to last year I somehow won a ProVari......had only been vaping 6 days. :w00t:

Justjames, get ready for a great time and learning curve. :laugh: Everyone here are so willing to help that......you kind of feel special! :p

choochoogranny

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2013
chattanooga, tn, usa
Whew! Let me see.....Hm-m-m-m, there's MountainOaksVapors.com near the mall, VintageVapors.com, EmoteVapes.com, VaporApothecary on Facebook and located in Cleveland, Choiceecig.com, thevaporpub.com, Vaporium in Hixson and on Facebook, ChattanoogaVapes.com also in Hixson and Vaper Island. I know I'm missing a couple.

I buy anywhere from one to 6 bottles at a time at these particular locations, and all are less than a yr. old.

If you go to the "News and Legislation" thread, then to the FDA Regulations thread, then scroll down to "I think they're crazy", you'll see Dimi interviewing an old lady......Guess who! :D

Justjames75

Jun 12, 2014
Chattanooga, Tn
At this point I have shopped at Vintage and Choice.
Vintage has a cool vibe going and the staff was very helpful. I purchased 2 10s from their store brand juices, both very tasty.
Choice is close to where I work and a friend recommended them to me. I have had good experiences both visits. Someone else suggested Mountain Oak, but I avoid the mall unless I am working in the area. Next time work sends me that direction I will stop in. Thank you for the help :)

choochoogranny

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2013
chattanooga, tn, usa
Good morning, Justjames! EmoteVapes.com (They're on Facebook too.) is close to Choice and has 3 really yummy juices I come away with every time I go there. I tend to go for the fruit blends. Anyway, it's run by a mother/daughter duo that couldn't be nicer folks.

Vintage is also cool place to visit and carries 3 particular flavors I just got to have in my "stash". It's the second place I ever visited and Brandy spent a lot of time with "the noob".

Both are really involved and are vendors at the meets. Ask them about about Dimi and what he's doing. Ask them about what assn. and organizations to join to help the governments (city, county, state, and the feds) understand that this vaping stuff ISN'T tobacco!

It's a wonderful, eye opening adventure, Justjames; and well worth the effort! :thumbs:

pwheeler

Just Vaping
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 14, 2013
Weimar, TX
Welcome, James! Those Egos are what I started with and what got me to switch. I'm over 4 months smoke free now with no desire to ever go back, thanks to vaping and the support of this great community here. As you progress, I know you and your wife will enjoy vaping much more than smoking and will entirely switch over and yes, it can easily become a hobby as it has with me. Congrats!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread