Shortness of Breath with Sour Apple (or maybe Blueberry?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everybody,

I normally vape with sour cherry flavor juice (18mg). Unfortunately it was out the last time I went to order, so I decided to try sour apple and blueberry. Unfortunately, one or both of these flavors seems to be really irritating my lungs. It feels normal to inhale, but I've found myself getting very short on breath and light-headed lately. The symptom seemed to coincide directly with my starting to use the new flavors. Has anyone had this problem? It could be purely coincidence (maybe I'm sick? - I don't feel sick, besides the breathing issue). I've been vaping for over a year without smoking analogs at all.

Thanks!

Infinite

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 3, 2012
SF Bay Area, Sacramento CA
I recently experienced this with a 10mg DIY mix of tobacco absolute/honey, that I love btw. It is perfect, except that I experience the shortness of breath that u mention. I am convinced that it has to do with the flavor or combination because I have been vaping exclusively for over a year now. Way past the detox period post smoking. At first I thought it was due to my VG ratio(70/30) I love higher VG concentrations, but have just made a batch of honey and a different, lighter tobacco base and don't get the same reaction. I am not sure if you have tried other flavors directly after experiencing the shortness of breath, but it may be a good way to isolate the issue. IMHO.

K9Luvr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 26, 2010
    Hampton, VA
    Like JJ mentioned, perhaps the nicotine level is marked incorrectly. I get light-headed if my nicotine level is too high, and over the last 2 years I have dropped from 24mg to 8mg, dropping each time I started feeling that way. Vape one or the other and see if you can figure out which one is the culprit. Good luck, keep us updated.

juicejunky

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 22, 2011
    gone
    I order 4 bottles in my favorite flavor that I had been vaping for over a year last spring. I started on one of the bottles and had the same problem, light headed and felt like I wasn't getting enough air through my nasal passages. After a week or so of it, I was getting scared and went for a much overdue checkup and everything was normal--all blood pressure, blood tests,oxygen levels, etc. Then I figured it was the juice since it tasted stronger than it normally did and I quit vaping it. Never had the problem again. The other three bottles were fine and I have since ordered more with no problems.

I doubt it was the nic level because I didn't have my usual sweating, headache tell tale signs of too much nic. My theory is it was possibly mixed in a batch and not shaken enough when poured into bottles so the one had too much of some flavoring/sweetener that bothered me.

Good news is it passed and I tossed that one bottle. I would definitely try and narrow down which flavor it causing the reaction, start with the Sour Apple since your instincts are pointing there. Put it aside for a week and see if you get a reaction. You may have an intolerance for some of the flavorings in it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread