The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.
  1. Dear Guest, 

ECF will be down for an extended period Tuesday 25th January from 6am central / 7am Eastern. 

This is due to a server migration. With any luck we'll by open by lunchtime. Thanks in advance for your patience :)

@low_tar_neil

Dismiss Notice

"Shorty" and "Smilin' menthol" snagged my daughter!!

Discussion in 'Vapor4Life' started by kdcaines, Jan 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. kdcaines

kdcaines Super Member ECF Veteran

Sep 23, 2009
    Manchester, NH
    My daughter is a fairly light smoker she smokes about 5-10 cigarettes a day. When I started vaping I had her try it and every time I saw her I always had her try my “new” flavor, unfortunately she never liked them. She kept saying “ I don’t like it, I don’t smoke that much, I can stop anytime!” Yeah right, she is still smoking, and now that she has an apartment with a balcony she is smoking more and more everyday!!
    Anyway, yesterday she came to my office for lunch and she saw my new pink shorty. She really liked the size and look of it, (of course the fact that it was her favorite color helped) and the fact that it was an auto (I always use manual XLs). She actually said “can I try it?” So of course I anxiously popped on a cart (Smilin special menthol). As she took her first puff, I impatiently waited to see her reaction. Her face lit up and she said “Wow, that’s really good! What is that?” She kept puffin’ away trying to figure out what this amazing taste consisted of. Then she said it… “I think I want to do this!” “what do I need?”
    I gladly gave her my beloved pink shorty with an extra charger, and a couple of Smilin carts. Then we got right on the v4l site to check out the products. It was a lot of fun showing her all the accessories, color choices, flavor choices, although she is adamant about sticking to one flavor, “Smilin special”. (We’ll see how that goes, lol)
    She’s coming over tonight so I can help her place her first order! I think she decided on the “Shorty mini pcc kit” and of course she will be keeping my shorty so she will have 2 batts.
    I am so happy she finally decided to give vaping a try… I just had to share!!
    I have 3 daughters, 2 of them smoke. One down one to go!!!!! :thumbs:

2. Pugzley

Pugzley Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Sep 7, 2009
    USA
    What a wonderful story! I hope she continues to love it and that you can get your other daughter to stop smoking, too. Maybe if one knows the other is doing it, she'll be more likely to want to try it, too.

Congrats, and I say congrats because everytime someone switches, it's a celebration of life.

3. Taryn

Taryn Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Oct 21, 2009
    Florida
    Woohoo!! Glad she found what makes her smile!

4. kdcaines

Sep 23, 2009
    Manchester, NH
    Thanks guys! Yeah Pugzley, I think my other daughter might take a harder look at it when she sees her sister doing it.

5. Michelle43

Michelle43 Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Dec 21, 2009
    North Dakota
    Thats great that your daughter found her right mix of battery and flavor! Congrats mommy :)

6. pianoguy

pianoguy Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Nov 4, 2009
    Apple Valley, MN
  7. Wickked

Wickked Full Member

Jan 8, 2010
    Denver, CO
    Congrats! I will try to get mom to switch over to vaping too :)
    Hope you get your other daughter to switch as well... Good Luck!

8. Iris

Iris Senior Member ECF Veteran

Dec 27, 2009
    Athens, GA
    k, that's awesome! Now you know what to get her for Birthday and xmas presents ;)

9. kdcaines

Sep 23, 2009
    Manchester, NH
    Thanks and good luck with your mom!

True...it's always a struggle figuring out what to get her!

10. maaron

maaron Super Member ECF Veteran

Oct 10, 2009
    lima,Ohio
    That's awesome! I got my brother and my mom vaping now I just need to work on all of my friends!

11. Iris

Iris Senior Member ECF Veteran

Dec 27, 2009
    Athens, GA
    I was the last smoker in the family, though my uncle has a nicotine gum habit. I just have to pitch to people that are trying to quit, or afraid they might start up again. Tomorrow will be 2 weeks smoke-free for me :)

12. Pugzley

Pugzley Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Sep 7, 2009
    USA
    Congrats, Iris! That is a huge accomplishment.

13. kdcaines

Sep 23, 2009
    Manchester, NH

congratulations!
    Your banner says you broke even today too!!
    I'm afraid that may never happen for me:p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.