Should I cancel my Blu cigs order?

Status
Not open for further replies.

willsgirlie

ECF Veteran
May 30, 2009
Fort Meade, Maryland
I have posted a million questions here already and I feel bad! Anyways, basically I am looking for an e-cig that will last a while and I won't have to be replacing the parts all the time, I am not TOO worried about how many smokes I can get in before I have to recharge it. I don't want something HUGE, I want a practical, reliable e-cig that gets a good throat hit. I'm smoking about a pack a day of regular cigarettes. Before finding this forum I almost bought a smoking everywhere one, and I'm glad I didn't.. but is the Blu about the same? I don't want to spend a ton of money, the Blu cig price is nice, but I can go a bit higher than that... so if you have some spare time, can you help me decide? I saw the ''primary device'' poll and I see the 510 and the 901 are my best bets.. am I right? which would be better for me? I wish there were a side by side comparison. I tried the search function at the top and it's not working for me at all, and I've read pages of stuff on here, but I can't find my answers. Please! & Thanks in advance :)

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
Understand, in general, the more it looks like the real thing, the worse the performance. That being said, I would at least go with a manual switch PV (personal vaperizor) and not an auto switch device. So the Janty Dura C/510 would be a good choice. I read that many suppliers are coming out with manual switch batteries for the 901 and 901 pass-throughs with manual switches are already available from ruyan direct.

Good Luck

deeptrout

ECF Veteran
May 22, 2009
Utah
Understand, in general, the more it looks like the real thing, the worse the performance. That being said, I would at least go with a manual switch PV (personal vaperizor) and not an auto switch device. So the Janty Dura C/510 would be a good choice. I read that many suppliers are coming out with manual switch batteries for the 901 and 901 pass-throughs with manual switches are already available from ruyan direct.

Good Luck

while i can certainly understand your frustration with blu i have finally recieved mine and i am loving it, while its not the best solution by any means i am very impressed (i could just be easily impressed) with the blue as a mobile solution (forgive the industry speak i sold cell phones for 5 years and now i sell laptops) if nothing else i would suggest it as a secondary option especially with thier 30 day guarantee, normally i wouldnt say "get it you can always return it later" but my experience with blu cust service has been amazing. and to clear up any speculation i dont work for blu or one of thier "partners" and i honestly haven't used anything else so some of this could just be me excited about my new toy

Last edited:

willsgirlie

ECF Veteran
May 30, 2009
Fort Meade, Maryland
Their customer service really is good, from the short experience I had with them...quick to answer the phone and providing me with an answer for my questions. They also cancelled my order with no questions asked or hassle from their end. I might end up ordering from them again, I just really wouldn't like to wait very long for my order. I can be pretty impatient...lol

Nicfits

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2009
Texas
www.e-smokers-forum.com
Well we've found two others we like now... We are about to purchase either the Janty Dura-C or the Janty Mini Fogger...can anyone please recommend one of these based on what I want? Thanks ;) Maybe some Pros and Cons of each vs the other?

The Dura C is a 510. It is slightly bigger than the Min fogger, but just a little longer than a 100mm cigarette. The 510/dura c carts are bigger and hold more liquid, the vapor production seems to be a bit better with the Dura C.
The C I believe stands for controlled ie; it is a manual battery, which tends to be more reliable than the autoswitch batteries which can get gummed up by fluid leakage.

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
Another member reported on another thread that the throat hit for the blu was weak at best and the battery lasted about an hour. That is really terrible. Those of us who have tried 6-10 different PV's know that is very poor performance. Especially when you can get PV's that give you 6-8 hours of battery life and great throat hit consistently.

deeptrout

ECF Veteran
May 22, 2009
Utah
Thanks everybody for the input :) We just ordered two DSE901 kits from e-smokeytreats.com with a thing of liquid in watermelon and redbull flavors, haha. I am excited and can't wait to try them! I will go on from there to decide if it's the one for me.

please let me know what you think of your new toy as im considering getting a second or if im overly excited just cuz i dont know whats really out there then i might need to return my blue and get something else

keep us posted :)

Buzzed

Moved On
May 30, 2009
Hi All,

Been a long time reader and first time E Smoker. I wanted to put in my vote for the 901 from E Smokey Treats. I also am really enjoying their liquid as I have tried Redbull and strawberry, both nice flavors.

I ordered a Blu cig about two weeks ago and it's still pending and has not shipped. I received a email today that they are behind on orders and probably won't ship for awhile longer..Leaning towards cancelling and getting something else.

I also purchased a VX2 from LiteCig Usa and I have had to return the batteries as they don't hold a charge anymore. They lasted for about two days. I can't recommend this model even though my experience it probably isolated.
LiteCig has great service and is taking care of the problem atleast.

Favorite vendor so far is E Smokey treats. Quick shipping, good selection.

For a smaller portable option would any of you recommend the Janty mini or would it be better to go with the Dura C?

What is the difference in manual switch as in why is it more reliable than the automatic?

Cheers!

tambur

Apr 7, 2009
Hi All,

For a smaller portable option would any of you recommend the Janty mini or would it be better to go with the Dura C?

What is the difference in manual switch as in why is it more reliable than the automatic?

Cheers!

I'm pretty new to e-cigs and i have 7 mini foggers from janty europe :D. They are good if you're going out because they look so nice and they are small (like a 100's cigarette). The throat hit and the amount of vapor is better than 901 (in my case) but you have to refill the cartdridge a lot more often and i don't recomend them as a primary vaping device. The battery life is about 2.5hrs, depending of how much your vaping (i'm a medium vaper).
It's allways better to have a few models in hand because everybody opinion is different and it's all about your personal preference.
Performance wise the fogger is above average and i find it the best looking model out there. I don't own a dura so i can't tell you anything about it, but i seems it's way better than the fogger.
My wife would deffinetely recomend you the fogger but i recomend you the all mighty STICK :p.

Flitzanu

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2009
Tulsa, OK, U.S.A.
www.myspace.com
see, that seems to be a resounding issue with the BlueCigs, that they are on backorder.

that's a bad way to deal with ecigs in my opinion. yes, a lot of suppliers can be sold out and we must practice patience waiting for them to restock, but for someone to sell something they don't have and then keep YOU waiting because they don't have what they sold you....well...that's just not cool.

(unless you specifically know this in advance)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread