The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Should I get a Zmax a Vamo or an SVD

Discussion in 'VV/VW APV Discussion' started by Scotticus93, Nov 18, 2014.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Scotticus93

Scotticus93 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I am thinking about getting a new regulated device. I have owned ego twists before, but they have broke because I am rough on my equipment. I bought a mech mod and it has held up, but now I want a tough regulated device. I was looking into getting a vamo, but I hear if you drop it, it breaks and the threads are kind of wonky. For the SVD I heard it is tough, but the firing button tends to screw up on it. I have heard good things about the sigelei Zmax v3 and its a little more expensive at $40 on fasttech, but is that my best bet? The Vamo I am looking at goes up to 30W and the zmax only 15. But, its it the toughest device? What is y'alls opinion. Which mod should I get?

2. MrPlink

MrPlink Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Invest in a genuine evolv Kick2 for your mech.
    Nothing regulated is as tough as a mech

3. Tmebs

Tmebs Super Member ECF Veteran

Sep 16, 2014
    BFE, Illinois
    Take a look at the Smok Z Max telescoping in stainless steel......bought one used almost a year ago ( first real mod after vision spinner ) and it is Heavy Duty! It is built like a tank and has taken more than a few tumbles and just keeps on vapeing away! Has al the bells and whistles that all the others have.... Good luck on your quest for the next step. Enjoy!

4. BackDoc

BackDoc Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 24, 2010
    Galts Gulch
    Have had all three , without a doubt , the Sig Z .......

5. Scotticus93

So I've done my homework. Now I'm considering the HANA modz DNA 30 which is only 44 bucks on FT. Does anyone have experience with this mod? My friend said 15 watts is nice, but that devices that go up to 30 are better. Plus the DNA can fire sub-ohm coils so there's that too.

6. Millah

Millah Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 20, 2012
    FL
    Well that Hana Modz on FT is going to be a clone, probably with a clone DNA 30.

I'd strongly consider looking at the new SVD 2.0. Brand new device that has a genuine Evolv DNA chip inside, capable of 20 watts.

7. Scotticus93

So is the FT clone no good?

8. Scotticus93

that svd 2.0 looks a little out of my price range. I'm trying to stay under 50 bucks. I'll probably just go with the HANA modz clone. FT gives you a 6 month warranty anyway

9. Millah

Millah Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 20, 2012
    FL
    Oh gotcha, yes then if you want something for that cheap then theres nothing wrong with the Hana clone. I just mentioned the SVD 2.0 because you said you wanted something durable, and the reliability of China cloned DNA boards is questionable. See if there's any discussions on the FT product page giving any feedback about that particular clone.

10. Scotticus93

i have seen good things about it. plus i have seen its replaceable. the board that is. though one would have to solder it back on to do so right? honestly i still got my mech mod and im about to get into rda's. any idea for a good first one. im looking at either a trident, mephisto, or stillare. my friend said get stillare, but apparently its only good to run dual coils on those and i heard its best to run single coil for your first few builds.

11. yzer

yzer Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Nov 23, 2011
    Northern California
    Sigelei Zmax V3 or V5 is shorter than Vamo or SVD, runs the same power range (3-15W) and more ruggedly built. The SVD 2.0 maxes out at 20W. We have people on the Sigelei Zmax V3 and V5 thread that get over 20W using these rigs with 2x18350.

12. Scotticus93

any opinion on the hana dna 30. thats what im thinking about getting now.

13. Don Robertson

Don Robertson Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 28, 2013
    Rio Rancho, New Mexico
  14. edyle

edyle ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

1: well I do hope you can get a kick for your mech, whatever else happens.
    2: I've got a vamo3, a vamo5s control head (currently on a mech), and a sigelei zmax (I think it's a v1)
    My sigelei zmax(1) seems to be one tough xxxxx. It's basically one solid piece of steel.
    It's annoyingly susceptible to the problem of overtightening your 510 theaded tank causing a "Low Load" error, but I usually use an adapter on it, so I'm not screwing and unscrewing all the time.
    It's also got a 1 button interface which is fine for experienced users.

Anyway mine is old and there's the newer versions: notably the higher wattage sigelei's are not called zmax; there's a sigelei50 and a sigelei100.

My main usage is on the vamos: having repaired my vamo3 twice already, I consider the vamos highly repairable; but if you're rough on your hardware, I wouldn't get a vamo.
    The vamos have a convenient 3 button interface.

The svd is supposed to be pretty tough and it's got a 3 button interface.
    There's rumour of an svd2

Toughest device? I'm thinking provari.

15. dbsanders25

dbsanders25 Full Member

Nov 30, 2014
    I have a svd 2.0 and love it.. totally worth the money, I've got no complaints

16. englishmick

englishmick Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Sep 25, 2014
    Naptown, Indiana
    Glad to hear it. I've been thinking about that one, I guess it's new because I couldn't find any commentary about it.

17. dbsanders25

dbsanders25 Full Member

Nov 30, 2014
    If you get it I don't think you will be disappointed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.