Should I try dessert?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Surfer369

Sep 1, 2018
I just started vaping and started out with fruity flavors. The limited juices that I have tried, I have found that some of them taste very artificial and chemical.

I have a straight mango flavor and it tastes very clean and good. The only other that I liked form vapewild is the Hannibal’s nectar whic does not state cinnamon but I taste it and it tastes good. Everything else is just too weird for me.

I am thinking of trying desserts, but not sure what it would taste like and which one to try first and which ejuice vendor would you recommend.
I don’t know if tiramisu, cheesecake, creme brulee etc. would translate well. I am using aspire pockex and will be using uwell nanchaku once I have the batteries.

I don’t mind paying premium for a good ejuice. What would you recommend?

Hawise

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 25, 2013
AB, Canada
I'd definitely try out some desert flavours. I found I was quite surprised by the flavours I liked, and a lot of others have had the same experience. Fruit flavours can be a bit iffy because a lot of them are more candy-style than true fruit flavour.

Custards, like the creme brulee, are very popular so I suppose you could say it tends to translate well.

It's next to impossible to predict what you'll like. If you order a plain creme brulee from four different manufacturers, you'll usually get four very different juices. The best way to find new flavours is to go to a local shop that has a testing setup, but I don't think that's allowed in some (all?) states, if that's where you are. The next option is to order the smallest bottles you can find of a handful of juices that strike your fancy. Some manufacturers offer sample packs with 5 - 10 ml bottles.

I'm afraid I can't help with your main question as all my juices are DIY or from Canada and I don't suppose you'd want to pay shipping.

Good luck!

RigBick

ECF Veteran
Mar 29, 2018
Clearwater, Fl
I just started vaping and started out with fruity flavors. The limited juices that I have tried, I have found that some of them taste very artificial and chemical.

I have a straight mango flavor and it tastes very clean and good. The only other that I liked form vapewild is the Hannibal’s nectar whic does not state cinnamon but I taste it and it tastes good. Everything else is just too weird for me.

I am thinking of trying desserts, but not sure what it would taste like and which one to try first and which ejuice vendor would you recommend.
I don’t know if tiramisu, cheesecake, creme brulee etc. would translate well. I am using aspire pockex and will be using uwell nanchaku once I have the batteries.

The first desert flavor I really enjoyed was Moon Mountain's Collision Course. To me it tast of vanilla, cininon cakey thing. Maybe a touch of maple as well. My wife says it smells like pancake syrup but not to me. Always used fruity flavors untill my trusted b&m dude gave me a sample bottle as his shop discontinued it. I like it so much I now buy it elsewhere.

theinlawjosie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 22, 2013
The Bluegrass State
Taste is so very subjective, but dessert flavors definitely translate well to vapor form! I mostly vape dessert flavors and have tried hundreds - literally. The problem is that what I like, may not necessarily be what you like - also, as Hawise said, you can get the same profile from a number of different vendors and they will all have their own taste. I've had good luck buying liquids from sites like Giant Vapes, Element Vape, and Vapor DNA - they carry "premium" lines of e-liquid, but you do pay quite a bit more than what you pay for e-liquid from VapeWild or MBV or the like. I would recommend seeing if any of your local shops carry the Glas Basix line of e-liquid - they make some really good, clean tasting e-liquids - Sugar Cookie and Banana Cream Pie are two of my personal favorites. Good luck!

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I have a straight mango flavor and it tastes very clean and good. The only other that I liked form vapewild is the Hannibal’s nectar which does not state cinnamon but I taste it and it tastes good. Everything else is just too weird for me.

My all day vape is 100% VG Coffee Cake eLiquid - Spring Vapor . Love this flavor. The spicey cinnamon is subtle and not overpowering.

gerrymi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
The 'Burgh, PA.
I have a 4-5 set-up "Home Rotation"...but always keep 1 Tank filled with LNW's "Orange Cream" ("a sweet and savory vape that falls somewhere between a tasty Orange Julius and an orange-flavored creamsicle")…

LNW has GREAT tasting ejuice...$15 for two 60ml...(which is what some sites sell one 30ml. for)...with FREE shipping over $15...

(I started buying their 50VG/50PG when I found myself becoming overwhelmed by the "VG film" (when I was using "Max VG") on my home/car windows and TV/laptop screens)…

Buy E-Liquid and Ejuice on Sale - Cheap E Juice 120mL and 60mL and Vape Juice Wholesale | LNW

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I see no reason not to try dessert flavors as compared to any other flavor, it's a "why not" kind of situation. I will say it's difficult to know ahead of time what you will "like" versus "dislike" early on. I DIY so I can't really give advice as to specific dessert flavors, but if you have a B&M near you with a tasting bar, that can help quite a bit in the beginning. If you don't have access to that, well, manufacturers will often send a small sample of different flavors, i.e. desserts, fruits, tobaccos, custards, coffees etc. It can be a good way to get a sense of different vendors flavors with less outlay. You will come to discover which types of flavorings you enjoy or don't enjoy, etc.

For example cherry and orange are just OUT for me. I've never yet found a flavor combination that I can make work for me, so I avoid those areas, etc.

Anna

flavourchaser

ECF Veteran
Jun 25, 2018
I've tried many flavours some are good some are not to my liking. Throughout my testing of many juices. I have come to the conclusion that I am a Dessert and Coffee vaper. I highly recommend to only try a small bottle of each juice as it may or may not be to your liking. But try as many as you can. Shop around.

smacuser

Total Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Hartwell, GA
    I am afraid to try coffee flavor after I I tried one from vape wild. Is this bitter or sweet? I like more on the sweeter side.
    I'm sure @Baditude was referring to the cake you have with your coffee; a light flakey morning pastry with cinnamon, toasted almonds with a sugar drizzle.

Don't rule out other bakery styles that may include other cakes or even cereals. Some of my favorites include pineapple upside down cake, banana nut bread, and crunch berries.

uthinkofsomething

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 7, 2015
    Toledo, Ohio

Try everything. You may be surprised what you like.

sdennislee

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 23, 2012
    Alaska
    I’ve found most flavors from Vape Wild to be bad, some really bad. I ordered 10 different flavors once, steeped for 2.5 to 3 weeks. 1 out of 10 was ok, 2 out of 10 could be vaped in and emergency. The other 8 were totally nasty.

Usually when I get a juice to try and I end up not liking it put in a bag and when I have enough i send them to a couple friends. The Vape WIld stuff I trashed, would wish them on an enemy much less a friend.

I wouldn’t make any decisions about the flavors you like based on Vape Wild. I think they make juices mainly for recent ex-smokers who haven’t regained the taste buds yet.

Look for some known good premium juices to find your zone.

sdennislee

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 23, 2012
    Alaska
    Reactions: stols001

sdennislee

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 23, 2012
    Alaska
    I have a 4-5 set-up "Home Rotation"...but always keep 1 Tank filled with LNW's "Orange Cream" ("a sweet and savory vape that falls somewhere between a tasty Orange Julius and an orange-flavored creamsicle")…

LNW has GREAT tasting ejuice...$15 for two 60ml...(which is what some sites sell one 30ml. for)...with FREE shipping over $15...

(I started buying their 50VG/50PG when I found myself becoming overwhelmed by the "VG film" (when I was using "Max VG") on my home/car windows and TV/laptop screens)…

Buy E-Liquid and Ejuice on Sale - Cheap E Juice 120mL and 60mL and Vape Juice Wholesale | LNW

I’m tired of the VG film too and love orange creamsicle. My ADV is Crush by Clown Liquids. You did a good job of selling me on trying LNW so I ordered 3 different juices, Strawberry Cream, Black Cherry and of course Orange Cream. All 3mg 50/50. Thanks for the tip.

Do you find their juice ready to vape when you receive it or do you steep it, if you steep how long?

Last edited:

uthinkofsomething

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 7, 2015
    Toledo, Ohio
    I’ve found most flavors from Vape Wild to be bad, some really bad. I ordered 10 different flavors once, steeped for 2.5 to 3 weeks. 1 out of 10 was ok, 2 out of 10 could be vaped in and emergency. The other 8 were totally nasty.

Usually when I get a juice to try and I end up not liking it put in a bag and when I have enough i send them to a couple friends. The Vape WIld stuff I trashed, would wish them on an enemy much less a friend.

I wouldn’t make any decisions about the flavors you like based on Vape Wild. I think they make juices mainly for recent ex-smokers who haven’t regained the taste buds yet.

Look for some known good premium juices to find your zone.
    I was good with vapewild until I got into low subohm rebuildables. Had a couple from them at that point that were very harsh on the throat and noticed kind of a bad vegetable oil underflavor to all their juice... Had to leave them behind.
    Those who do mouth to lung vaping with higher nicotine still seem to enjoy vapewild.

sdennislee

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 23, 2012
    Alaska
    I was good with vapewild until I got into low subohm rebuildables. Had a couple from them at that point that were very harsh on the throat and noticed kind of a bad vegetable oil underflavor to all their juice... Had to leave them behind.
    Those who do mouth to lung vaping with higher nicotine still seem to enjoy vapewild.
    You may have a valid point, MTL low power is not my style. Probably would be better at lower power

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread