Should I upgrade to a Protank 3?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all!

I've been vaping a Provari Mini v2.5 for nearly a year now, and I'm loving it! I'm still using the Protank 2 that came with the Provari and I was wondering if I should get a new tank for my PV. I know that the Protank 3 is dual coil, but I don't really know what the difference is between that and the single coil Protank 2 that I'm using now. Would the coils last longer? Would they make the juice taste better? Would they burn through juice faster?

Anyway, I was just wondering if I should upgrade my tank, because I've been using the same setup for so long. I plan on sticking with my Provari for as long as it lasts me, but I'd love to hear from anyone that can tell me how I can experience a better vape. My knowledge on vaping is kind of limited...

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
Hi all!

I've been vaping a Provari Mini v2.5 for nearly a year now, and I'm loving it! I'm still using the Protank 2 that came with the Provari and I was wondering if I should get a new tank for my PV. I know that the Protank 3 is dual coil, but I don't really know what the difference is between that and the single coil Protank 2 that I'm using now. Would the coils last longer? Would they make the juice taste better? Would they burn through juice faster?

Anyway, I was just wondering if I should upgrade my tank, because I've been using the same setup for so long. I plan on sticking with my Provari for as long as it lasts me, but I'd love to hear from anyone that can tell me how I can experience a better vape. My knowledge on vaping is kind of limited...

The dual coils would take more power, (so they'd run down the battery faster), make more fog, burn through juice faster.

No they won't last any longer.

For an upgrade from the protank2, I'd look at the aspire nautilus with the new revolutionary bvc coils.

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
Thanks for the fast replies, guys! I'm not necessarily dissatisfied with my Protank 2, I just couldn't help but wonder if there was something better out there that I could be using... I might look in to the Aspire Nautilus that you mentioned. What's a bvc coil?

The coils in your protank like most other tanks, is horizontal with silica wick running through it and sticking out though holes in the atomiser head.

The new bvc coils have a ceramic cylindrical padding inside, around a vertical coil, similar to how a carto is designed. There is no wick sticking out of the atomizer head; instead its just got a few holes or slots for the liquid to soak into the padding/filler material inside, just as a carto does.

wjosephsimmons

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 27, 2013
City of Angels
I've been using the PT2 with the airflow control valve aka Aerotank base since they started selling them, and I can't imagine anything working better, especially for the price.

300554d1391036648-itaste-vtr-kanger-airflow-control-valve-5.jpg

MSameer

Jun 4, 2012
Finland
I've been using the PT2 with the airflow control valve aka Aerotank base since they started selling them, and I can't imagine anything working better, especially for the price.

300554d1391036648-itaste-vtr-kanger-airflow-control-valve-5.jpg

Is it better than an external airflow control? I guess it'd be kind of similar.

Does it also take the protank1 & 2 heads?

One advantage of the old heads is I can dry burn it every few days and a head lasts for about a month

Blaron40

Verified Member
Apr 18, 2014
Orlando
NO.... I don't know how else to explain it.... except just NO.

I'm not sure who enjoys the PT3's dual coil. I got two PT3 mini's to try them out and they hardly got used. The PT2 with the air adapter on the bottom is about the best performance (flavor/ vape production) you are going to get with pre built coils.

The PT3 dual coils always seemed harsh and produced a rough hit, IMO.

I found better performance from the newer sealed PT3 dual coils.

Personally, If you like what you got then enjoy it. With the market having so much available it gets tempting to drift but, if you're happy then stick with it.

Best of luck

VAPE ON!!!

David1975

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2014
Northlake, IL, USA
I've had both the 2 and 3 with the AFC bottom for the 2, IMO the AFC on the 2 is only good if the vape is too airy for you as is standard. Meaning the AFC can't give you more air, only cut down the air.... your still limited by the hole in the bottom of the coil, and wide open is wide open. This is why the aerotanks have a larger hole in the bottom of the coil itself.
As for upgrading from the PT2, I would (without using one) say to look at the aerotanks, or, if you don't mind/can do rebuilding.... an EHpro Kayfun lite+ was what I moved onto next.... then the Kayfun 3.1 by Hcigar after that. Both of these are what I still vape 50% of the time. The rest is spent squonking :D

GinnyTx

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2014
Pearland, TX
I still enjoy my ProTank2's with air control valve like W's up there only drilled out for more aire... ..my preference is the new Kanger V'2s.

I'd given my Nautilus' (Nautili?) to my daughter she used an unregulated GUS and it'll fire it up. it seemed to me on the regulated devices I use "wanting".

but it's a subjective thing of sorts, if you get a satisfying vape from what you have they won't wear out, good maintenance and changing your coils when they go bad on you, your tank should last until you drop and break it (my Klutz's motto):)

dmetzcher

Verified Member
Aug 25, 2014
California, USA
Consider the Aerotank V2 by Kanger. It's got the Airflow Control Valve V2, and it uses the same dual coils as the Protank 3. I upgraded to it from a Protank 2. Alternatively, you can just purchase version 2 or 3 of the Airflow Control Valve (both deliver about the same airflow) and use it to upgrade your Protank 2.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

unholypassion84

Sep 26, 2014
Get the Kanger Aerotank. Best clearo on the market. Better vape and better flavor than the Nautilus by far IMO. I've tried both and I don't understand why people are saying the Nautilus is better. Aerotank is cheaper and performs better all around. After you get the adjustable airflow going, you'll never be able to live without it again.

Thanks for all the advice! I'm really considering picking up a Nautilus (sorry unholypassion84, lol!) especially if the bvc coils last longer. I'm kind of careless when it comes to throwing away an old coil and putting on a new one - I know they can be cleaned, but it seems like I get the best flavor from a fresh coil.

Anyone have any tips on cleaning them other than just soaking 'em In a bowl of water? All of your help is greatly appreciated! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread