Should I upgrade to Provari?

Status
Not open for further replies.

blargman

Verified Member
Dec 5, 2013
lolidunno
I recently started vaping and I'm using a Ego C Twist and I am pretty happy with my setup. Which pretty much answers my question, but I'm curious what drives people to use a Provari? It only puts out another what 1v than my c twist I believe. The battery is about double the size so I guess being able to switch out fairly large batteries is a huge plus. As for the quality of the vape is there any benefit? Any other reasons?

blargman

devauto

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 13, 2013
NoVA
Okay, first off ... I do not own a Provari ... that said, what Provari brings to the table is durability and consistency. They are one of the premier mods out there for these reasons. The Provari will give you the exact same vape on the last vape of the battery that it did on the first, unlike most other mods out there. It is built like a tank and will stand up to a lot more abuse than most other mods as well.

If these are important attributes to you, then you should probably buy one. The main disadvantage (and the reason I don't own one) is that it is VV ONLY. I really prefer VW over VV, and if they ever add VW to the Provari, I won't have any reason not to buy one (other than funding).

HTH

sonneraw

Dec 8, 2013
Austin,Texas
Hey Blargman.
The Provari holds variable voltage from 2.9 to 6.0V, as opposed to 3.2 to 4.8V on a Twist.
From my understanding and experience, this enables a wide variety of resistance situations depending on your preference.
IE-1.1 OHM-2.9V/3.2V as I'm using right now.
Depending on what battery you are housing, the cell capacity dramatically increases depending on what battery you are using.
There are lots of different batteries with higher or lower amp limits and milliamp hours that you can use instead of being saddled with a fixed MAH rating.
When you start venturing into RDAs/RBAs or even if you're using a clearo/carto with a 510 you can still check your OHM reading on your connection.
Last but not least there is a certain heft to the Provari that undoubtedly produces a much smoother and stable use.
Thats my opinion mate.
Hope that helps!
Boothe

Last edited:

BernieVideo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2013
NoHo El Lay CA
I took the leap from eGo Twists right to a Provari.
The change was like day and night.
With the twists I would notice a definitive drop off in flavor and performance as the battery drained. I also experienced my Twists holding less and less of a charge. They were taking far longer to charge than they were lasting to Vape. Putting me in the situation of having to keep 2 on charge while I vaped the 3rd. Bad situation!

I decided I needed a bigger better battery so I would never again find myself unable to Vape.

I did a lot of research here. Read all about the pluses and minuses of all the popular tube VV Mods.

I found that the Provari got the overwhelming thumbs up with almost zero complaints.

But the price seemed daunting.

I almost bought a Zmax mini set up for around $150.

Then I started to look for used Provaris. I saw a great deal on Craigslist and jumped on it. Got a whole, almost complete set up for $150.

When I got it, set it up and vaped it I noticed right away a huge difference. WOW. What I was experiencing on the Twists was so much less than the same device on the Provari. More flavor. More vapor. And it stayed exactly the same way until the low battery light flashed.

I now have 2 previously owned Provari Minis. I am done looking for Mods.

If the price of the Provari is just too much, I have read here, Many times , that the MVP2 gives pretty
Much the same Vape experience for a much lower price. It is a totally different mod though. A box mod. Permanent battery that cannot be replaced. So when the battery starts to no longer hold a charge it becomes a throw away.

I am going to leave it to others to list all the details of why the Provari is or isn't the best VV mod.
What matters is if it is the best mod for you.

There are over 200 Provari threads here. I suggest you dive into them. You will learn more than you need to know about all the popular mods just by reading those.

Good luck.

Tapatalking on iPhone.
Join the CASAA.
Protect your Vaping Rights!

'Rick Giron

Nov 2, 2013
A, A
I own a Provari and love it!

After making the jump to an ego from blu (which initially helped me realize that e-cigs would actually work for me) Then I started poking around on FaceBook for vaping groups and was pleasantly surprised to find that there were many people and groups dedicated to vaping. I also discovered that there were actually vape shows too! One night after watching "Mod Envy" someone posted a link to a Google Hangout. It was in that hangout that I met several people including Vapor Joe and Tiny Vapor. I had no idea that these two were so called "celebrities" in the vaping community and they were very helpful as far as answering my questions and what not, in fact Vapor Joe not only pointed me to FastTech to buy my Vamo, he also sent me about five pounds of different juices, several cartos, and a couple evod tanks as well. Here it is about 10 months later and I have since had my Vamo take a dump on me because the threads are so soft. I then bought an itaste 134, which was a great conversation piece but too big and bulky for my taste. I was in Las Vegas for VapeFest 2013 and almost bought a Provari there but they didn't have the extension caps. It was then suggested by another trusted friend that some of you may recognize, Cigar Babe from Nova Broadcasting, who suggested I buy a Lava Tube. I really liked it and it fit the bill just fine up until a few weeks ago when it started misfiring for me. I then purchased an itaste mvp 2 which still works fine but doesn't fit in my hand very comfortably. I decided to buy a Provari from Provapes since I had heard so much about it's reliability. I'm absolutely sure that I'm into vaping for the long haul. I've had my Provari a little over a week now and I can easily say that I understand why it costs so much. You can tell that it's a solid as a rock as well as feeling smooth and silky in my hand without being slippery. When I'm replacing the battery, you can feel the threads are buttery smooth as well. I wish I had bought a Provari before spending all that I did on my previous mods but I'm glad I have one now! So, if you're new to vaping but confident that you'll continue, I suggest you buy one unless you plan on getting into sub ohming. I'm happy using pro tanks and don't have time to get into rebuilding and all that goes with it.

evan le'garde

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2013
I'm in 2 minds about getting one. I still feel the same now as i did to begin with. The problem for me though, not that it means anything to you, is that if i did get one and it needed to be repaired at some point, shipping it back to the usa from here in England would be a pain in the .... !. But in any case 1 wouldn't be enough. So....., I'd have to get 2. Bit pricey getting 2. I see them being sold here, the Provari 2.5 costs £190 ($310) plus extention cap at £17. So x 2 is over £400 ($650). I suppose i could just get 1 and get the other at a later date maybe, i dunno !. The customer service that Provape provides may well be a perfect selling point for americans, the reason why americans rave about the provari, well that and the consistant power it provides, but it's worthless to anyone that lives outside of the usa, it really is !. So do i want to spend that kind of money on a provari knowing that if it becomes faulty, i'm screwed !. Imagine sending it all the way back to the usa, about 3 or 4000 miles just to get it repaired. So it may well be a fantastic product from an americans point of view but to anyone else it could turn out to be just a pain in the .... !. So this is why i'm in 2 minds. Perfectly understandable right !.

I'd say, "if you're an american buy a Provari". You can't get a better device in the usa

Last edited:

yzer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2011
Northern California
I faced the same decision last April. Wanted an APV to celerate one year without smoking. I bought a Sigelei Zmax V3 Telescopic Flat Top and I've been using it all day long since then (eight months).

Sigelei Zmax V3 or V5 Telescopic Flat Top. Telescopic tube fits any popular 18350 through 18650 replaceable IMR battery without buying extension tubes or a mini model. Removable top cap for easy cleaning. Up to date with VV/VW modes 3.0-6.0 V or 3.0-15.0 watts. Built like a tank in heavy brushed stainless steel or black. 510 and eGo threaded. V5 adds puff counter and cell phone charger if you want that. Both have been available body only for under $50, kits for $60-$75 with up to 90-day warranty.

DexO

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2013
Springfield, MO
I look at it this way...

If the Provari had a one day sale for $70 off, would you buy it? LOL, they would probably be sold out within the hour. Well, that about what it will cost you if you wanted to upgrade to something else and you would still probably be wanting a Provari. That's what I did and have a desk full of things I don't use. I wish I would have skipped the middle part and went straight to the Provari.

Check out this thread and others will say the same,

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/new-members-forum/502551-any-regrets-along-way-2.html

Last edited:

bosun

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 24, 2013
in between the ice ages
Went from an 808 cig-alike to the Provari. Excellent vapor production start to finish. Regulated mod so you shouldn't have to worry about accidents battery wise. Built in ohm checker. Just bought another as a spare for Christmas. Not expecting this one to fail any time in the foreseeable future but anything can get lost!

Jazzi Mike

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 3, 2013
Michigan
Personally, I don't think the Provari is worth it. Yes, it is American made and definitely has the durability going for it. I guess what the Provari brings to the table is not worth $150+ to me. I have owned quite a few VV and or VW mods that were much cheaper and worked fine.

There are plenty of people who may disagree with me. That is fine. I think my Reo outvapes everything I have ever tried.

SmoKnoMoCigZ

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 10, 2013
constitution state
i started a similar thread about a month ago and some said go with something lower priced like a vamo so i did. i got a stainless steel vamo v5 and it works fantastic. fast foreword to yesterday when i was getting out of my car and dropped it on the driveway in the dark. i thought darn i just busted a protank II. i get in the house and take a look and the tank is fine but now the tank wobbles on the vamo head. the head is just pressed into the tube and is now permanently loose. i should have gone with the provari. :facepalm:

yzer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2011
Northern California
i started a similar thread about a month ago and some said go with something lower priced like a vamo so i did. i got a stainless steel vamo v5 and it works fantastic. fast foreword to yesterday when i was getting out of my car and dropped it on the driveway in the dark. i thought darn i just busted a protank II. i get in the house and take a look and the tank is fine but now the tank wobbles on the vamo head. the head is just pressed into the tube and is now permanently loose. i should have gone with the provari. :facepalm:
You could have sent the Provari in for repair. Vamo is pretty rock bottom on build quality. Try a Sigelei Zmax next time but you can't get them repaired. You can buy and replace a Sigelei faster and cheaper than buying and repairing a Provari.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread