Should I upgrade to Provari?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moedog

ECF Veteran
Oct 29, 2013
Charlotte, NC, USA
I've had my Provari for about two weeks after dealing with mechanicals and eGo twists for several years. All I can say is WOW! I'm not sure why, but the vape from my Provari is so much more consistent and smooth than my twists, even though I set them both at the same voltage. And, yes the build quality is fantastic. It was a real pull for me to afford a Provari, but I'm happy. In fact, I'm already planning to save for another one.

dice57

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2013
Mount Vernon, Wa
A Provari is a great investment if you are into regulated mods. It will put out 15 watts of power and give the same great fantastic vape throughout the charge of the battery. Don't really understand why people think they are expensive. A Provari will last many, many years, and compared to what one can spend on a high quality atomizer, it's less expensive.

If you are happy with what you are vaping, and not looking for more satisfaction and consistent vape, then I wouldn't bother. I am happy and satisfied that I purchased a Provari, it is a great regulated mod and probably the only regulated mod I'll ever own or need.

Razorback

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2012
Conway, Arkansas
I recently had to make the same decision. I went with the Provari. It is very well built. I dropped it twice already on cement and it still works fine.
Plus I checked e-bay and was shocked at the price and the amount of bids on the used ones. If you do not like it there are always people looking for used ones.

You ain't kidding about the e-bay thing. I would just get a new one, or look on the classifieds here. I bought one but don't get to give an opinion on it until X-mas! Bummer...

Pam1384

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2013
Tacoma, WA, USA
I love mine too (have had it for a week). I've used the spinners, Evic, SVD and MVP2 and never had any problems with any of them but I never felt in my gut that any of them were what I was really looking for. I wanted something that felt solid. That felt like good quality and had a proven track record for reliability. Finally got the ProVari and I couldn't be happier. I have no desire to chase other devices to find the elusive great vape. I've found it.

SirSteve

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 10, 2012
Northern Indiana
I wake up in the morning from dreams of provari. Yes, one day I will own one.

Been there, finally sprang for a blem at 5% off over the Fourth of July, with 18650 extension it was just under $150. Haven't regretted it, still use the Sigelei Zmaxes and V8's, along with the Vision Spinner, Vamo and #8 mech, but the ProVari is by far the best built and more and more becomes my go to device.

I can't complain about my other devices, they have been very good to me, but the ProVari, well its a ProVari.

ChiefAllDay

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2013
Ft. Campbell, KY
This thread has made me want to find a decent deal on a ProVari... I am betting I will love it, and regret some of the purchases I made between starting this hobby and now. Sort of reminds me of when I took up straight razor shaving. In the beginning I was convinced that it was a great way to save money instead of buying razors every month. Then I learned what Razor Addiction Disorder really meant. LoL!

bulldog63h

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 29, 2012
Elizabethton Tennessee
This thread has made me want to find a decent deal on a ProVari... I am betting I will love it, and regret some of the purchases I made between starting this hobby and now. Sort of reminds me of when I took up straight razor shaving. In the beginning I was convinced that it was a great way to save money instead of buying razors every month. Then I learned what Razor Addiction Disorder really meant. LoL!

"I'll only need one or two." Then comes the strop, the hones, brushes, scuttles etc. then you see a beautiful Dovo or Boker. Then a deal on a Wade and Butcher you just can't pass up. Everyone talks about a Thuringian like it provides the best edge ever so you fork out hundreds for all that... Yeah, same story, different product.

Last edited:
I can understand the love affair with the Provaris, they are well built and I would say the most reliable variable mod manufacturer out there, but to me they scream outdated technology. I'm trying to get my hands on a Futura ASAP, but if Provape came out with a DNA20 Provari, I think thousands and thousands of people would jump on it.

stylezuk

ECF Veteran
Nov 16, 2013
I can understand the love affair with the Provaris, they are well built and I would say the most reliable variable mod manufacturer out there, but to me they scream outdated technology. I'm trying to get my hands on a Futura ASAP, but if Provape came out with a DNA20 Provari, I think thousands and thousands of people would jump on it.

DNA 20 Provari i'd jump on it, like yourself it'd be nice to see some new innovation.

tj99959

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    When was the last time you vaped any coil at 15 watts? I just don't see the point of a 20 watt mod, I guess with a very high ohm coil you could crank it up.

Sent from my SGH-T699 using Tapatalk

About an hour ago.
    That's only a 1ohm coil at 3.8v
    But don't worry, it's down to about 13.5 watts now

You see, you have it backward, it's the low ohm coils that produce high wattage loads on a battery.
    It would take close to 8v to get a 4 ohm coil up there.

Last edited:

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 14, 2013
    SE PA
    20 watts may or may not be necessary but... A DNA 20 will supply 6 amps while a Provari will only supply 3.5; this allows the a DNA to handle lower-resistance coils for those who are into that kind of thing. :D

The DNA 20 also has a much more informative display as opposed to the Provari's 1980's LED. You can take an DNA 20 based APV out of the box and start using it without ever reading the manual or watching a video to learn how to navigate the menus.

Lastly, DNA 20 devices are available in form factors that don't make me feel like I'm holding my Johnson. :laugh:

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread