Not open for further replies.

K_Tech

Slightly mad but harmless
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Eastern Ohio, USA
Personally, I don't think the Provari is worth it. Yes, it is American made and definitely has the durability going for it. I guess what the Provari brings to the table is not worth $150+ to me. I have owned quite a few VV and or VW mods that were much cheaper and worked fine.

There are plenty of people who may disagree with me. That is fine. I think my Reo outvapes everything I have ever tried.

Well, I won't disagree with you, because you're being honest about expressing your opinion. I'm one of those weird people that can actually be happy about other people being happy with their choices.

Sick, ain't it?

rabernet

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 20, 2011
Buford, GA
personally, i wouldnt get one because of the price. i'd rather get an itaste vv3 or itaste MVP + mechanical mod.

itaste mvp VW > provari VV

I didn't like my MVP at all. Sold it right off. Then got the Provari used off the classies. Much better. I've had all the lower cost popular ones and have sold them all.

Sent from my Samsung Note II using Tapatalk 2

SmoKnoMoCigZ

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 10, 2013
constitution state
You could have sent the Provari in for repair. Vamo is pretty rock bottom on build quality. Try a sigelei Zmax next time but you can't get them repaired. You can buy and replace a Sigelei faster and cheaper than buying and repairing a Provari.

you may have missed my point? the provari probably would not have broken in the same situation. the vamo only fell about 1-2 feet off the ground.

I've purchased quite a few mods over the almost year of vaping. Vamo, SID, SVD, ZMax, 2 MVP's, Telescope, Nemesis, Chi You and a Provari. The Provari is great, but is it that much better than other mods that cost less than half the price? No. But I will say this, when I go to the monthly vape meet ups, it's the Provari that goes with me. It's more of a status symbol mod.

Bunnykiller

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
New Orleans La.
I have had an opportunity to try one (provari) at a vape shop and have been using a Vamo3 and I have also had the opportunity to use an Itaste SVD. I love the performance,look,and quality of the SVD compared to the provari and vamo3. If you really want to do it right (IMO) do the SVD along with a Kayfun clone.. now thats a combination I am really impressed with!

TorrieB

Nov 24, 2013
Texas
I've been having the same dilemma myself. I started 3 1/2 weeks ago vaping...first off with a ego starter kit and about a week later I bought a MVP v2. Love my MVP. But I've been eyeing a Provari mini lately.....and it all boils down to, it's what I want lol. I don't necessarily like the price...but I know me. I don't really want a big ole collection of mods. I'm sure I'll buy quite a few more on my vaping journey, but for now...I just want some solid vape. So that if I never buy another mod again...I'm cool. I feel like I'll get that with my MVP v2 and a Provari mini (soon to be added :blush:). I feel like with those 2 mods...I may not have to buy anything else, until my MVP bottoms out. And get some AWESOME vape along the way. That's the name of the game, right? Just my :2c::vapor:

Crash158

Verified Member
Jan 25, 2013
Kentucky
Different things drive people to purchase the Provari. I went through many low end cig-a-likes through modestly priced VV/VW devices before I purchased my first Provari. If i had ever been happy with the device I was using then I probably would not have shelled out the coin to get mine. However, for me it was about finding the most satisfying vape that fit. For some that's an Ego, others go with mechanicals, some prefer Provari.... You have to find whats right for you.

However, I will say that the build quality and materials used in the Provari are top-notch. I can attest to mine being ran over and camping out on the trails for two weeks and still looking and functioning no worse for wear. My collection now includes 2 Provaris, a Legacy mechanical, and a Vamo. All serve a purpose and my only complaint with any of them is the pulsating or "rattlesnake" effect from the Vamo. If you are content where you are and you are not smoking then don't spend the money unless you are shifting over to the "hobby" side. :)

sky4it

ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2013
Minnesota
Bang for the buck its pretty hard to beat a lavatube. you gets easy navigation unlike the SID, you gets the 510 fitting, and it has a loose fitting collar inside that fits some but not all of the wider clearos, downside tough to clean, if you overtighten it shorts out, but they are tough as nails, dropped mine several times its still ticking

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
...I'm one of those weird people that can actually be happy about other people being happy with their choices.

Sick, ain't it?

I'm twisted like that as well.

There is no one-size-fits-all device on the market. The best device is the one you like. Each device has it's pros and cons depending on what you want it for. In addition to researching what is available, you need to consider what is most important to you. For some people it's price; for some it's specific features; others look for portability; and some people want a particular look or shape.

No matter what devices you are interested in, I strongly suggest you browse the threads in the APV section to see what current owners are posting.

littleconvertible

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2013
Cincinnati, OH
I am so excited to read this thread. I also took the plunge and ordered a mini provari, should be coming any day now! I started on various gas station "throw aways" then spent hundreds of dollars stocking up on blu's to find out that the constant charging and hard draw were unbearable, switched to halo tritan tanks (pawned them off on hubby) and became dissatistified with the propietary threading, went to a local B&M that sold me a three eGo-T's that burn liquids, spit juice and gurgle, and finally after months decided to pull out the credit card and just order something that works! Here's hoping I finally found a consistantly great vape!

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
I am so excited to read this thread. I also took the plunge and ordered a mini provari, should be coming any day now! I started on various gas station "throw aways" then spent hundreds of dollars stocking up on blu's to find out that the constant charging and hard draw were unbearable, switched to halo tritan tanks (pawned them off on hubby) and became dissatistified with the propietary threading, went to a local B&M that sold me a three eGo-T's that burn liquids, spit juice and gurgle, and finally after months decided to pull out the credit card and just order something that works! Here's hoping I finally found a consistantly great vape!

I'm sure you will be pleased.:)

Dakota Jim

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
in a warehouse buried near Univille SD
YES GET A PROVARI

to quote from Deacon Aegis on 4/13/2013

"ProVari's qualify you to become a member of the ProVarinati, which will make you powerful and attractive to women. You may also get a job at MI-6 with a Provari, and everyone wants to drive an Astin Martin, right?"

and then you can include this in some of your posts

35ba3qd.gif

Last edited:

BernieVideo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2013
NoHo El Lay CA
If someone asked me if they should get a provari ( i have one) i would say just wait for an affordable DNA20 tube mod.

That is a conundrum I have yet to see a DNA20 Tube Mod less expensive than a Provari. The wait could be forever.

Tapatalking on iPhone.
Join the CASAA.
Protect your Vaping Rights!

ModBox

ECF Veteran
Dec 4, 2013
United Kingdom
I've purchased quite a few mods over the almost year of vaping. Vamo, SID, SVD, ZMax, 2 MVP's, Telescope, Nemesis, Chi You and a Provari. The Provari is great, but is it that much better than other mods that cost less than half the price? No. But I will say this, when I go to the monthly vape meet ups, it's the Provari that goes with me. It's more of a status symbol mod.

Hey, I'm looking for either an evic, vamo v5, SID, SVD or Zmax. As an owner of nearly them all what do your recommend? I want something well built and good quality if that is possible at these prices. Thanks

Being an Aussie, I've never even seen a Provari let alone try one. Seeing as it is illegal to sell juice containing nicotine here, and the places you can buy nico juice for $25 AUD for 10ml, that puts a perspective on the cost of buying vaping gear in Oz.

I've done the more usual trail of batteries while starting off, eGo Kings, Spinners etc etc.
I finally got an MVP 2 and then a Vamo. I'm not sure how much vapour you need unless you're going to try and cure meat, but mine work for me.

As others have already said, it's a fit for purpose and a fit for you thing and I'm happy for people to make their own choice as well. As long as it's because it's what they want and not what they think others should see them with.

I've said it in another blog, it's like tattoos for me. If your getting one to impress others, you're doing it for the wrong reason.

Cheers,

Ned

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread