Shout out from Arizona

Status
Not open for further replies.

VapinArizona

Mar 25, 2016
Just dropping a thread to introduce myself. I'm new to the forum, and new to vaping. A week ago I wandered into a local shop knowing absolutely nothing about e-cigs or vaping. I walked out with a Smok R80 TC sub starter kit, some liquid, and a desperation to give up a 16 year tobacco habit. I was smoking two swisher cigarillos a day (re-lighting them several times for a few extra carcinogens) that I inhaled like I was taking my last breath. I'm happy to say that I haven't picked one up since I left the shop and started vaping, and the transition was a lot easier than I expected.

I just put a new coil in this morning (.25ohm) and noticed a huge difference in flavor. It's taken me a week of tinkering to get the draw that is right for me. Voltage, air flow, ohms, nic content, VG vs. PG... Seems like there is so much one could fine tune. I have enough geek in me that I enjoy every bit of it and am learning a lot. My favorite flavor so far is a 365 (butterscotch, not sure of who makes it) that goes down like a fat kid on a see-saw.

looking forward to learning more from you more experienced vapers. I'll be lurking in the shadows...

IMFire3605

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 3, 2013
Blue Rapids, KS, US
Just dropping a thread to introduce myself. I'm new to the forum, and new to vaping. A week ago I wandered into a local shop knowing absolutely nothing about e-cigs or vaping. I walked out with a Smok R80 TC sub starter kit, some liquid, and a desperation to give up a 16 year tobacco habit. I was smoking two swisher cigarillos a day (re-lighting them several times for a few extra carcinogens) that I inhaled like I was taking my last breath. I'm happy to say that I haven't picked one up since I left the shop and started vaping, and the transition was a lot easier than I expected.

I just put a new coil in this morning (.25ohm) and noticed a huge difference in flavor. It's taken me a week of tinkering to get the draw that is right for me. Voltage, air flow, ohms, nic content, VG vs. PG... Seems like there is so much one could fine tune. I have enough geek in me that I enjoy every bit of it and am learning a lot. My favorite flavor so far is a 365 (butterscotch, not sure of who makes it) that goes down like a fat kid on a see-saw.

looking forward to learning more from you more experienced vapers. I'll be lurking in the shadows...

Welcome to the boards and fine world of vape geeking :p
Believe the Liquid you describe is by "Certified Liquids", a butterscotch, caramel, vanilla custard. Not a bad liquid, though has a short shelf life flavor wise, just to be honest. The Smok R80 is not a bad starter setup either, so sounds like you have got started on the right foot for at least the next 6months, just watch out for the shinytitus syndrome, fair warning.

Reactions: VapinArizona

VapinArizona

Mar 25, 2016
Welcome to the boards and fine world of vape geeking :p
Believe the Liquid you describe is by "Certified Liquids", a butterscotch, caramel, vanilla custard. Not a bad liquid, though has a short shelf life flavor wise, just to be honest. The Smok R80 is not a bad starter setup either, so sounds like you have got started on the right foot for at least the next 6months, just watch out for the shinytitus syndrome, fair warning.
Thanks. I'm hoping the R80 will last for a while. The idea was to get something reliable enough that I wouldn't need to replace it right away or outgrow it too soon. The "shinyitus" seems to be a real danger. I'm already considering what I might get as a back up. I think I'll wait a while and see what I really want before my next purchase. There certainly is some fun looking stuff out there!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread