• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Show me your builds!

Status
Not open for further replies.

wattageous

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
Dongdaemun, Seoul
Bro... sometime lighter may not be strong enough. Like i alway teach my frens, use your kitchen stove la (bcos when u do build, you will be at home right?).. lol.. i cfm plus chop the wire will glow red in less than 30 sec while BBQ on the stove :laugh:

Make sure you have good tension while doing the wraps. And dun worry that the wires opens up aft coiling. No 100% one. Just screw it onto your tank like you would. Heat it till it glow and use your tweezer to press it tight. (warning dun press the wire when it is glowing, you will break the coil). A bit open nvm one la.. Important thing is its work.. Boleh liao..

Lol yeah! Kitchen stove is a damn good idea!

wattageous

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
Dongdaemun, Seoul
Another method is to wrap your coil, mount it on the deck and fire. When it glows red, let go of the button and squeeze it with your tweezers when it cools down. Make sure you are not firing and squeezing at the same time!

I was actually thinking of that as well but since I'm using silica wick, I kinda need to take it out again to insert the wick. But thinking of it, shouldn't be much of a problem.

Was it doing good for you using this method?

wattageous

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
Dongdaemun, Seoul
uploadfromtaptalk1401546498855.jpg

30ga wire around 8 wraps giving me 2.4ohm. Is this normal?

Really, doing this micro coil is a b*tch man.. haha

TheKiwi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2013
Durham, North Carolina, United States
View attachment 341334

30ga wire around 8 wraps giving me 2.4ohm. Is this normal?

Really, doing this micro coil is a b*tch man.. haha

Depends entirely on what inner diameter you're wrapping around. On a 2mm drill bit, 9 or 10 wraps give me 1.6 ohms

Burping out loud using Tapatalk

menkey

Account closed on request
Oct 3, 2013
nowhere
I was actually thinking of that as well but since I'm using silica wick, I kinda need to take it out again to insert the wick. But thinking of it, shouldn't be much of a problem.

Was it doing good for you using this method?

Yes I do it all the time when coiling a new coil before wicking it with cotton. It works well. 3 or 4 times is enough.

Sigmazxcs

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 16, 2013
The Land of ERP and Pee-A-Pee
I counted around 14 - 15 loops might be using 28 or 26 awg

Sent from Gotham City using Tapatalk

Unlikely to be. Should be 30gauge at those number of wraps. I used 28gauge parallel at about the same coil length, but turned out at about 0.2ohms I believe...

Kgb424

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2014
Minden Nevada
I use the Chimney coils in both of my Kayfuns, there easy once you build a couple of them, I made some sub ohm chimney coils but, It seems to loose the flavor of the juice, but if I make a chimney coil that is about 1.2 ohms, and the juice comes alive with flavor and I don't remove the airflow set screw, like some people do, it too airy for me that way, I give the coil a little more space between the coil and air hole in the center pin on the deck,it reduces the throat hit, but yet not too airy like removing the air flow set screw. plus I don't tank juices that give a throat hit, I use the throat hit juices in my RDA's.

Last edited:

wattageous

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
Dongdaemun, Seoul
Ok question: does the micro coil really need to be perfectly align and close to each other?

I did one, 30ga abput 4 to 5 wraps and it's giving me 1.4ohm. Unfortunately I don't have a photo now but it doesn't look super perfect. The glow looks perfect though and the vape is 100x more awesome than the previous normal coils I did.

TheKiwi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2013
Durham, North Carolina, United States
"Really need" is subjective I guess. Tbh if your wraps are close together, and they have the classic inside-to-outside glow pattern, I would say it's sufficient.

I'm also guessing you're wrapping around a massive screw driver. At least 2.5mm or there around. That'll almost make it a macrocoil

Burping out loud using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread