• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Show me your builds!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kgb424

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2014
Minden Nevada
Hey Holixin In a kayfun you get more flavor out of a chimney coil, cause I have two Kayfun's and one I made a coil the normal way, and one was a chimney coil both 1.2 ohms, using the same juice, the chimney coil tastes better and has more flavor, then I tried a normal sub ohm coil and a sub ohm chimney coil, they both give you a lot more Vapor but you loose a lot of flavor, and taste, so that's why I use a 1.2 ohm coil, and then I experimented with height of the coil too, if the coil is too low you get throat hit, raise the coil, you get less throat hit, but if its too high you get airy draw, same with the air control set screw, you remove it, then its too airy, I find if you leave the top set screw even with the body of Kayfun, its a good draw, or it could be my spacing between the coil and the deck, I'm still trying different setups, I might try a dual coil build and see if it brings out more flavor, or wait in till I get my DNA20 or my DNA30, and try different wattages to see how much flavor, I can get and find the sweet spot, I like. just waiting for fasttech to ship my DNA20 mods I ordered Memorial Day, I also got a DNA30 chips coming to switch out the chips and have a nice DNA30 mod.

Last edited:

holixin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2012
....typoor red dut
lol yeah. saw the last picture and I was thinkin oh no that's gonna be reaaaal bad. Glad it worked out for you!

Burping out loud using Tapatalk

Thanks! Gonna try to do a twisted one because the coil is too short. The coil too low and you get air flow problems, might even leak since the cotton so near to the air hole.

The air control screw was removed. Haha much more airy to do lung inhale.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

TheKiwi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2013
Durham, North Carolina, United States
Thanks! Gonna try to do a twisted one because the coil is too short. The coil too low and you get air flow problems, might even leak since the cotton so near to the air hole.

The air control screw was removed. Haha much more airy to do lung inhale.

Heh. I've never ever been able to do lung inhales on my kayfuns and Russians, both clones and authentics. The air hole just isn't big enough. Gonna be buying some cobalt drill bits and try drilling out the holes. I've seen TONNES of videos of people doing that and being able to lung hit like a beast. Def gonna help cool the vape down a little too.

TheKiwi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2013
Btw if you have a hand drill and ribbon wires, you can make a mundy's magic wire and do a vert build. Very very good vape.

u8e6uva6.jpg

una9yzad.jpg

holixin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2012
....typoor red dut
Btw if you have a hand drill and ribbon wires, you can make a mundy's magic wire and do a vert build. Very very good vape.

u8e6uva6.jpg

una9yzad.jpg

Sweeee, what's the resistance on that and how does the ribbon wire works?

TheKiwi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2013
Sweeee, what's the resistance on that and how does the ribbon wire works?

That came up to 0.55 ohms.

If you google Mundy's Magic wires, there's a thread started by Alexander Mundy with detail instructions and video. But a short summary is it's made up of 3 strands of thin ribbon wires. Each of them are individually twisted until it buckles and folks in itself to form a "ribbed" look. Then then 3 twisted wires are put together, and twisted together in the opposite direction. The result is a thick wire that looks like it's made up of a sheeeetload of tiny little "cups"; the surface area is quite crazy.

If you're looking for clouds, it's not the wire to look at. But if you like moist and super bloody insanely flavorful vapes, MM is pretty much as good as it gets.

Last edited:

Darkangel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 2, 2013
Gotham City
I was thinking of parallel coil and why not do it on PT so I started to pull 2 stands of 1.8ohm Nr-R-Nr and coil on a 18g syringe needle 8 loops and tested @0.9ohm
e4aqyqut.jpg

This is my parallel coil
ate4y8ud.jpg

Unfortunately I can't self pic of the vapor production

Vapor output is fantastic good and great taste

Sent from Gotham City using Tapatalk

lucryj

Verified Member
Jul 11, 2013
SEA

u8e6uva6.jpg

una9yzad.jpg

Thats a really clean build man. I've never gotton my chimney builds down. I always end up getting dry hits and such. It gets me really frustrated and I just go back to the standard micro coil at 1.1ohm :/

TheKiwi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2013
Fat wires (28ga or fatter, or twisted wires) works well :)

Seems like all you gotta do is nail the wicking. The first post in this thread has a pretty comprehensive picture guide to wicking :)

ge7e6eba.jpg

udyny8y5.jpg

Worth mastering :) I always have at least one kayfun permanently stuck with a vertical build.

TheKiwi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2013
Do you get an increase in heat? Or is it roughly the same as a regular micro?

Heat is more dependent on the type of wire and wattage, if we are talking about vertical vs horizontal coils.

The main benefits of a vertical build (IMO, YMMV) are:

1) better airflow
2) because you can pack on the cotton without choking the coil, you can actually use more cotton which gives you a daaaamn dense and moist vape which I like personally. The flavor is just better.

It's not smth to go for if you're a cloud chaser tho. But ah, wet dense vapor, my fave:

nera6upe.jpg

eqyqa8aj.jpg

Last edited:

wattageous

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
Dongdaemun, Seoul
I. Just. Fell. In. Love. With. Cotton.

Goodbye silica wick :tumble:

Oh wait. I'm kinda having a little issue understanding cotton. After say, 5 drops and I took about 5 hits.. the flavour gets muted and the vapour not chucking much. I dropped a few more drops but the cotton still looks saturated and end up flooding the well a little.

Coil is heating fine though :/

desmondsg

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 5, 2013
LOS
Oh wait. I'm kinda having a little issue understanding cotton. After say, 5 drops and I took about 5 hits.. the flavour gets muted and the vapour not chucking much. I dropped a few more drops but the cotton still looks saturated and end up flooding the well a little.

Coil is heating fine though :/

You should be alright as long as the juice doesn't overflow from the well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread