Show off your gifts (vape related or not)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jumphour

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2014
CT, USA
There were a lot of people here at my house today, and it kinda freaked me out....anxiety kicked in big time. I crashed at 9:30 tonight, and slept until 12:30 am, and now that I've gotten some rest and am safely tucked away in my room, vaping away, I can look more fondly at today! I didn't get anything vape related, but got a bunch of clothes that I needed, and one of my fave presents I get every year from my father....a HUGE box of Cap'n Crunch! (which is like 2 servings to me....just give me a trough and a gallon of milk, and I'm in heaven!) It's nice and quiet here now....I'm glad it's over, but I'm glad it happened!

glointhedark

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2013
Antelope, CA, USA
Not vape related, and not even "my" present, but we got something I have been wanting for a long time now - a companion for our dog. My daughter's boyfriend finally brought his dog "home" to stay. He has been missing her, and he finally listened to us and brought her "home". Christmas Eve was very chaotic with both dogs running around like maniacs, revelling in having each other to play with. The cats, very wisely, beat a hasty retreat to my room, which is the designated cat haven when they need to get away from the dog. We all know that there will be glitches, since both dogs are used to being the "only dog", but so far things have been going very well, and better than anticipated. All of our furbabies are rescues, including the boyfriend's, and we are really happy that our little pack is so very accepting of new members. The new baby is supposedly afraid of cats, but I caught her trying to make friends and play with our oldest cat tonight.

Other than that, my daughter and grandson got me a few new books and a new robe, along with an owl Christmas themed coffee mug (I love owls), and her boyfriend really surprised me with a hardbound edition of one of Alton Brown's books. We all love "Good Eats", and I really appreciate the book - it has a lot of his "recipes" from the first few seasons. All in all, a nice Christmas.

I am sorry that your holiday was "grim", and hope things go well for you in the future. We have had our share of grim holidays, where we only did something because of the grandson. Heck, when my daughter was little, there were many times when I did things that I was not really feeling just because she was a kid and expected it.

iTiger

ECF Veteran
Nov 22, 2014
I didn't get anything for Xmas this year but a couple cheap hand tools that I truly didn't need and for some reason a puzzle that will probably never get opened.
Don't get me wrong I'm happy that I got anything with the way things have been lately. For me the best gift was just getting to see a smile on my girls face as this is the first Xmas in a couple years that's happened and I understand its hard because we've lost a lot of loved ones around Xmas the last few years.

I did give a couple people the gift of vape.
Gave a couple basic ego kits, a x6 and couple basic tanks, and a mech mod kit.
The mech is missing a part so I need to try to get the missing part but overall everybody liked there vape gear gifts.

Vicshalls

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Houston, TX
I did manage to give some friends a few vape things. One is about to start building and i got her one of those kits from lowes that someone showed us with some kantal that i had and some cotton that i had. Just to get them started and another friend got an old ego set up and i had some points to redeem at the local store so was able to run over and get her a few liquids to start off with. All in all the day was good. Made some chili and sat with my fur kids and watched a ton of tv. lol Of course today i am back at work. Kinda freaky around here. Pulled up and there was only one other car in the parking lot. This is a big building and i think that other car belongs to the security guard. lol Oh well at least once this long day is over it will be the weekend.

Necrotic

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2014
Lawrenceville, GA
tj99959:14885646 said:
bone_zps74b442fa.jpg

Big bone for a beautiful English mastiff

Treywingo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 23, 2014
The Swamp, Florida
Christmas this year was blessed with family and friends, but was very hard for me nonetheless. I received a medical service dog 3 years ago to help me with my disabilities. Clyde was my sidekick and best friend. He filled that void in my life that for so long seemed unfillable. In those short three years it seemed like we had seen and done it all. He was my best man at my wedding, stayed in the hospital for 5 days with my new wife and I while our baby girl was being born, vacations, and so much more. I can't think of a happy memory I have that doesn't have him in it. Clyde developed some health issues that forced his retirement, without Clyde I have regressed in many ways. I had no choice but to get a new service dog. We can't financially support 2 dogs, so I had to re-home Clyde. It was like ripping off a piece of my soul and throwing it out the window. He is in a good home with my Aunt in PA, he is happy, but I am struggling. He didn't even get to be here for babies first Christmas... but I have to soldier on. I will miss him dearly but I still have so much to be thankful for.

Attachments

• Rachels phone 8-31-14 335.jpg
    Rachels phone 8-31-14 335.jpg
    9.6 KB · Views: 87
  • Rachels phone 8-31-14 631.jpg
    Rachels phone 8-31-14 631.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 90
  • Rachels phone 8-31-14 297.jpg
    Rachels phone 8-31-14 297.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 88

GinnyTx

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2014
Pearland, TX

I need to get an SD card for my phone I've over run it with pics of our French Mastiff..aka "The Destoyer of Bones" the almost son in law is a butcher and brings him femurs all the time.

Get him some deer horns from Brushy, *lol* I had a friend send me some deer and elk horns..he's 'bout ate and stripped them bare.

you've got a good lookin' dog there..I see he REALLY likes that bone (our Gabe "lipsticks" all the time too):p

Mastiff's rock!!
party0030.gif

got an iStick Kanger combo for Ed's brother, and donated to my daughter's dental fund...the boy some awesome speakers for his car (to go with the awesome stereo Ed got him last Christmas) so the kids are happy I'm happy :)

Vicshalls

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Houston, TX
Trey your story of clyde breaks my heart. I could not imagine having to say good bye to my little guy. He is by no means a trained service dog but he has been there for everything. Thank you for your service sir and I only hope your new companion will be half as good to you as clyde was.

Treywingo:14889148 said:
Christmas this year was blessed with family and friends, but was very hard for me nonetheless. I received a medical service dog 3 years ago to help me with my disabilities. Clyde was my sidekick and best friend. He filled that void in my life that for so long seemed unfillable. In those short three years it seemed like we had seen and done it all. He was my best man at my wedding, stayed in the hospital for 5 days with my new wife and I while our baby girl was being born, vacations, and so much more. I can't think of a happy memory I have that doesn't have him in it. Clyde developed some health issues that forced his retirement, without Clyde I have regressed in many ways. I had no choice but to get a new service dog. We can't financially support 2 dogs, so I had to re-home Clyde. It was like ripping off a piece of my soul and throwing it out the window. He is in a good home with my Aunt in PA, he is happy, but I am struggling. He didn't even get to be here for babies first Christmas... but I have to soldier on. I will miss him dearly but I still have so much to be thankful for.

firechick

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 24, 2009
Upstate New York
My daughter came in from Buffalo and my youngest son came in on leave from the Navy. My oldest son couldn't make it back because his first son was born on Tuesday, so he Skyped. Our Mothers were here and the elderly neighbor lady joined us for Christmas dinner. We had plenty of food and a healthy grandson. It was awesome!

Wishing you a New Year better than the last, and full of the things that make you happy.

Last edited:

FlamingoTutu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2013
In the Mountains
My daughter came in from Buffalo and my youngest son came in on leave from the Navy. My oldest son couldn't make it back because his first son was born on Tuesday, so he Skyped. Our Mothers were here and the elderly neighbor lady joined us for Christmas dinner. We had plenty of food and a healthy grandson. It was awesome!

Wishing you a New Year better than the last, and full of the things that make you happy.

Congratulations Grandma! You made out like a dog at Christmas! :D

HauntedMyst

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 18, 2013
Chicago

I've been there, not with a service dog but a dog who was my best pal. Losing them is indeed like "It was like ripping off a piece of my soul and throwing it out the window." This was Bear. Had no clue he was a GSD. Just a big gentle, kind soul who passed away from cancer.

Bear Sleeping 2.jpg

This is Riggs the Wonder Dog. For a while it took us some time to come to an understanding who was in charge and who wasn't but it was also me thinking he wasn't Bear. He's not Bear. He's smarter, faster, a better guard dog and makes us laugh all the time. It just took me a while to appreciate him for him. Now he's my best pal.

riggs.jpg

FlamingoTutu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2013
In the Mountains
I've been there, not with a service dog but a dog who was my best pal. Losing them is indeed like "It was like ripping off a piece of my soul and throwing it out the window." This was Bear. Had no clue he was a GSD. Just a big gentle, kind soul who passed away from cancer.

View attachment 399305

This is Riggs the Wonder Dog. For a while it took us some time to come to an understanding who was in charge and who wasn't but it was also me thinking he wasn't Bear. He's not Bear. He's smarter, faster, a better guard dog and makes us laugh all the time. It just took me a while to appreciate him for him. Now he's my best pal.

View attachment 399308

Paint your dogs black and you've got what we had, same experience. Only difference is the second one has ADD and four years and four days later, we're still battling about who is in charge. Still, he's a keeper too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread