Status
Not open for further replies.

Ken_A

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2013
Florida
OK, for those who don't want to pay a fortune for ink...

" It just especially speaks to younger people because they don’t like to be controlled."
I'm over 50 and don't like to be controlled, thank you.
"There are a few things that make it addicting. The first is the nicotine, a highly addictive drug."
Just like caffeine.

using markers
How to Make Home Made Alcohol Ink - YouTube

using fabric dye
Homemade Alcohol Inks - YouTube

also fabric dye: this guy is a bit trippy but informative.
How to Make Your Own Alcohol Ink (CHEAP)!! - YouTube

and many more:
http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=how+to+make+ink+at+home

ATylerRose

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2013
Las Vegas NV USA
I've been MIA lately...."Oh So BUSY" as usual. Enjoying my drippers and am attempting to make them girlie (LOL). This is what I've managed so far and of course a very girlie istick loaded with bling.
Wishing everyone a very Happy Thanksgiving.
Now off to make my famous Nanna Puddin.
10ca8d5f17891bdeecfd7bc3c9a3f5d0.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ScandaLeX

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2013
PhiLLy
I've been MIA lately...."Oh So BUSY" as usual. Enjoying my drippers and am attempting to make them girlie (LOL). This is what I've managed so far and of course a very girlie istick loaded with bling.

I just wanna sit here looking at this & clicking LIKE all night long!

Sent from a BIG phone.....Galaxy Note 3

ATylerRose

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2013
Las Vegas NV USA
I just wanna sit here looking at this & clicking LIKE all night long!

Sent from a BIG phone.....Galaxy Note 3

Awhh......thanks so much ScandalLeX. Can't wait to see what kind of Holiday setups all these talented ladies come up with around here. I just wish it was easier for me to take and post pics here. Never have mastered that. Guess it just is what it is with only using my iPad & iPhone for this forum.

ATylerRose

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2013
Las Vegas NV USA
This is a quickie pic... I haven't sealed these on in any way, since I'm curious about how they'll hold up, and I've honestly found that by the time things start looking a little worn, I'm ready for a change anyway!

I'm having to resist just putting these on everything, but I have others on the way...

View attachment 392074

These came out so cute Sue. Can't wait for your Holiday creations. Your tips get cuter and more creative everyday and the tank decals are adorable.

Last edited:

Lowstorm

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 5, 2012
Northern MN
So I know you girls are the ones to come to with a question, even if its not girly! My hubby wants to get a copper mech mod, and I don't want to ~just~ do a copper mech mod for x-mas. I was thinking of getting one of the cheaper pre-fab ones, but they look sort of cheap too. So here's the questions:

Anyone know where to get little gears to attach to a copper mech mod?
How would one go about attaching them without using a welder?
And how can I make it look 'old' without using the heavy-duty ways they are using in the other threads about making mods look, well, blue? I'd like to make it look aged, but not corroded.
And he's totally into ships, so a place that also maybe sells charms that I can attach to it that are ship-esque?

Bukket5

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 3, 2012
Anchorage
This is a quickie pic... I haven't sealed these on in any way, since I'm curious about how they'll hold up, and I've honestly found that by the time things start looking a little worn, I'm ready for a change anyway!

I'm having to resist just putting these on everything, but I have others on the way...

View attachment 392074

Those are perfect!! I love the way they look! The best nail decals I've ever seen. Very elegant and they look like they were made for your tanks.

I agree, I wouldn't seal them either. I use mine on the tanks that come with the Bella, Elegance, and Unique carto tanks. Since I've bought dozens of the Bedazzled tanks for them I have a lot of clear tanks that I can decorate. But if you do come up with one that you know you want to save then remember the clear nail polish. That's why I like nail art stickers. They are made to be able to coat with nail polish without the colors running. Any other type of sticker I would test first.

I've been MIA lately...."Oh So BUSY" as usual. Enjoying my drippers and am attempting to make them girlie (LOL). This is what I've managed so far and of course a very girlie iStick loaded with bling.

Just beautiful! I absolutely love the iStick! The color combo is gorgeous :)

I finally broke down and ordered a red iStick from Fastech with their Black Friday sale. I couldn't pass it up for $30. It must've been meant to be since it was shipped 4 hours later.

ScandaLeX

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2013
PhiLLy

athousandyears

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
Texas
So I know you girls are the ones to come to with a question, even if its not girly! My hubby wants to get a copper mech mod, and I don't want to ~just~ do a copper mech mod for x-mas. I was thinking of getting one of the cheaper pre-fab ones, but they look sort of cheap too. So here's the questions:

And how can I make it look 'old' without using the heavy-duty ways they are using in the other threads about making mods look, well, blue? I'd like to make it look aged, but not corroded.
And he's totally into ships, so a place that also maybe sells charms that I can attach to it that are ship-esque?

Would something like this work?

Tim Holtz Mini Gears

You could possibly use JB Weld to attach them. Someone please correct me if that is a bad idea as I have never personally done it.

SueandCootie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2009
south central Mass
Congrats, Bukket. I've got a few 'Sticks and just love them. In fact, I shopped for wraps today with my BFF, and we both decided they are just so very cool in their original colors, we're not even ready to say.... "It's a wrap!"

HELP! HELP! I'M GETTING CARRIED AWAY!!!! 8-o

That being clearly stated, you don't have to wrap the ENTIRE istick...:)

DSC_0003.jpg

SueandCootie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2009
south central Mass

Michaels crafts sells a line of antique looking charms and such called 'found objects', I've seen flat bendable looking gear assortments with them in the bead department...

Bead Landing

You could search 'boat charms' or 'nautical charms' on ebay...I just tried 'ship charms' and that REALLY doesn't work, as it just shows 67,000 items with free shipping, seriously...

is this the look you're going for?

$33.06 Steampunk Style Mechanical Mod - 1*18650 / copper at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

Last edited:

cindycated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2011
San Francisco, CA

haha that's because FT takes crappy pics! :laugh:

2014-08-20-16.36.07-1.jpg

img_20140924_021855.jpeg

Would it help if you knew the authentic costs $3000?
Nice thing about these is that it would be more user friendly - no cuts or chafing from actual gears and metal parts during use. And there'd be no parts coming loose or falling off later. :2c: The only sucky part is that it looks like they painted the threads. But with that removed (or lined with copper tape), I bet this would be a pretty hard-hitting mod.

Last edited:

catcat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2011
WA

View attachment 392074

oooh, I love them!

Happy Winter Holidays Everyone!! (see above post!!)

View attachment 393124

View attachment 393125

Beautiful!!

ATR-I LOVE your creations!! The turquoise and purple wrap is just gorgeous!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread