Shredded PTB : Ultimate Pyramid Tea Bag Mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theaxiom

Dec 7, 2009
I just found this video on YouTube which originated from this site somewhere, but I can not find the original thread, nor any trace of the video. I have tried this mod and it works wonderfully, and is the best PTB mod I have tried so far. I have spent the last couple weeks since I first got my 510 trying every single mod I can find to get the best vapor, least filling, and no leaking. So far this is working for me perfectly. I just wanted to bring the video to light again so that others can use it as well, if anyone knows the original thread of the video please let me know.

YouTube - Shredded Pyramid tea bag mod

kristin

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2009
CASAA - Wisconsin
casaa.org

smonomo

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Oct 4, 2009
USA, Northeast.
Just for a lark I retrieved my teabags from the cupboard and tried something a little different, 801 cart here,..

Used the full bag, rolled it up the short way, folded it, cut the fold off, left with two pieces about 1/2" long, made as many cuts as I could (about 5) about halfway down, stuffed them in a notched straw and splayed the frays....looks like a bunch of flowers in a vase, shoved it in a cart --- Not bad..not bad at all...tasty!..juicy! ...we'll see how it goes :)

nycityjeff

Moved On
Sep 22, 2009
New York City
OMG. I've been using the standard/original PTB mod with my DSE-901 for a while and thought I was happy with it.(using 3/4 of the bag) I was. But then....

I tried this variation with the shredded version and...WOW:shock:!!!

This is amazing...the flavor, the vapor, the throat hit, the wicking, the time between refills.....I am amazed and VERY happy. It's just a simple variation but the difference is astounding.

I'm sold. Shredded PTB mod....I love you!!:p

Sibirniki

ECF Veteran
Nov 3, 2010
Delaware
Looks intresting if it works as good as cartomizer than i switch and leave cartomizers alone. I tried PTB straw mod and its performs well but not for long this looks like a lil waste of juice tho sinthe the plug is at the bottom and its gonna hold mosto of the juice.( cartomizers fill my mouth with juice not mater what i do and the which end i use to fill even if i use a half of the cup)

BoomBoom65

ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2010
Suffolk County, New York
I have read this thread and watched the video a couple of times and never got around to trying it but I just did and the key to not getting those little threads hitting the atty is to cut with a very sharp pair of scissors. Nice clean cut with no bits or threads.

Love this mod! Tons of vapor flowing out of my little 510 filled with BWB 555.

Thanks very much.

icemanx3

ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2010
Silicon Valley, CA
I know in the past I drank lots of various green teas. When I think back, alot of those came in the same (or VERY similar) PTB material. In fact when I first saw the lipton version hit the markets I remember thinking to myself "wow, they caught on to the fad, and copied the Chinese green tea bags". But anyways, my point is for people who can't find PTB, you may want to look into some green teas from Chinese shops, or tea houses. From what I recall, the green tea bags were not only in pyramid shapes, but also in huge circular and rectangle shapes. I could swear it was the same material. They come in boxes with like 20 bags too, for fairly cheap. We have tons of the lipton stuff around my area, so I am just sharing the info.

Here's an example. If you look around you'll find this material everywhere.

TeaSavor Pyramid Teabags Inc, Pyramid tea bags exporters

BTW all, I love PTB mods and during my search for a roll of this stuff I found that it is made of PET. That is the same "plastic" that water bottles etc are made of. If this stuff really is PET (Polyethylene terephthalate - see wiki) then I think we here at ECF should start discussing if it's safe to sometimes heat up to the point we can taste it.

GL

ice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread