Sick of the research

Status
Not open for further replies.

lisa71

Feb 27, 2013
Canton
My eyes are bleeding I have read so much trying to find the right e-cig for me. There is way too much to know and learn. I currently smoke and want to quit or move to e-cigs. I smoke a pack of ultra lights a day... I thought I narrowed it down but when I found a website to purchase a kit I was lost all over again. Seems I need a manual for all the jargon. Maybe I can hire a personal shopper for me?? I do appreciate all the info on this site and others I visited but man... my head is spinning trying to figure it out.

Broodwich

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2013
Charleston, SC
Lol, yea it can be confusing. I originally started this search like 5 months ago and I'm JUST now getting settled onto something I like, and its my 5th day smoke free, yeay!!! I started out with the mini they sell at smoker friendly, then got tired of buying the refills. Then I found this website and bought a V9 mini type and started experimenting with flavors; then I fell off the wagon and hit the analogs for a few months. Finally though, I went to a local shop and got an ego starter kit with a 650 battery and a clearomizer, and also very important, I found a juice I really like. So I'm on day 5 analog free and loving it. So even if it takes you a while, you get discouraged, or don't like your first setup, it's ok! Keep trying! You'll be so happy you did. And if you have a local shop, go try diff flavors, if you find one you like it will help so much.

mostlyclassics

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I guarantee the first setup you buy will not be the last one you buy! You have to get your feet wet first; then you'll be able to evaluate fancier hardware and e-liquids more to your liking. There is a bewildering variety of stuff out there.

Becca is right: buy a Kgo kit (depending on configuration, it'll be around $40-50) to start with, plus a good range of different e-liquids. My first kit from two years ago was similar: an eGo kit with two 650 mAh batteries, a charger, and atty with carts (the last two are now obsolete: usually these kits come with cartomizers or a Stardust or Vivi Nova). It's still going strong. Now I use it for backup and lending to friends who want to try vaping.

sawlight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2009
Kansas
First off, take a deep breathe, then slow down.
What do you THINK you like, a big mod, something like a normal cig, or something in between?
How much do you think you want to spend?
How long do you expect what you purchase to last?
How long do you expect what you purchase to run for? (hours)
How easy do you want it to be?
How durable do you want it to be?
Answer even some of these questions and we can lead you down a path without as much guess work. The bigger, the longer it will run, the bigger (generally the more durable) The smaller, just the opposite, less durability and less run time. But that's OK, it's what works for you!

You are not alone in your confusion. I'm a visual learner and so initially all of the great text only post here were frustrating. I took a break and watched YouTube video reviews of vaping gear for two weeks. Watching reviewers fiddle with, take a part, reassemble and use batteries with tanks versus carts versus atomizers and all the sub variations brought all of the confusing terms to life for me. I was then able to come back and read here and visualize what people are talking about.

whisternefet

Oct 14, 2010
Seattle
You're definitely not alone. There's lots of options, lots of opinions, and lots of data. Even as a guy that got into vaping a while ago, there's new stuff all the time... If you can find a good vape shop in your area, it's really helpful to go talk to people about it. I went through all the iterations of ecigs from when they first came out, tried a bunch of stuff that didn't work, and it took a lot of time and patience to get to a good point. The industry has matured a lot since then. There are more options and better ones. I'd suggest just asking a lot of questions, and try to be patient. It's hard, but worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread