Sidesho : Manual vs Automatic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luke V

Oct 19, 2009
Cleveland, TN
I wanted to start another thread to avoid cluttering up Bandit's review with my e-cig noobness. The gory details...

Never smoked an e-cig. Never even seen one in real life.

I've been shopping around and reading some stuff on the forums here and the Sidesho has really hooked my attention. Not only have the reviews been great but it's a damned good look. Kudos to MV for a job well done.

Now to my manual vs auto decision. Tony said there will be a hybrid kit available in a couple of weeks. Newly designed PCC that comes with 1 manual and 1 automatic battery in the kit. That's great to hear, but I'm itching to buy a Sidesho today.

heh

My only real concerns with the automatic batteries are...

1. Having to suck my brains out to get a decent hit. I know many have said that it has a smooth and easy hit to it, but is it as smooth and as easy as a hit with a manual battery?

2. The sensitivity of the battery. I will have to vape outside often because of work and sometimes I'll be vaping in my car with the stereo on. Will these environments likely be enough to set off the sensitive battery so that it's on when I dont want it to be?

3. The main thing..killing my battery by accidentally getting the juice on it. I hear some people say that you shouldnt tip the battery down to avoid the juice getting to it and killing it, and then I read others say not to tip the cart down or else you'll get some of the juice in your mouth. Does having an automatic battery really make things so critical that I've gotta pay that much attention to what angle I'm holding it at?

TLDR version for those who have a Sidesho, should I just hold off for the hybrid kit? Will I be kicking myself in the .... if I buy the automatic kit now?

Thanks in advance!

kaeo773

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 10, 2009
Chicago USA
www.modernvapor.com
1. Having to suck my brains out to get a decent hit. I know many have said that it has a smooth and easy hit to it, but is it as smooth and as easy as a hit with a manual battery?

Yes, the manuals are still super smooth, I would say the autos are just slightly smoother. The manual is still smoother than the M401 autos.

2. The sensitivity of the battery. I will have to vape outside often because of work and sometimes I'll be vaping in my car with the stereo on. Will these environments likely be enough to set off the sensitive battery so that it's on when I dont want it to be?

I never have any issues with the autos in the car, with the music on, or with the window down as well. I also have not had any issues walking around downtown Chicago either. I think it can come down to luck of the draw with the autos. I have a set that I can take to a nightclub, and they don't go off. I also have a set that I took to the same nightclub, and they were sensitive to the bass. With having the manual solves that issue, and you can go anywhere without any worries.

3. The main thing..killing my battery by accidentally getting the juice on it. I hear some people say that you shouldnt tip the battery down to avoid the juice getting to it and killing it, and then I read others say not to tip the cart down or else you'll get some of the juice in your mouth. Does having an automatic battery really make things so critical that I've gotta pay that much attention to what angle I'm holding it at?

I am lazy, I have been dripping on these batteries for months, and I have not killed a battery from it yet. I don't recommend this for beginners until fully understand what they are doing. The fiber in the cart wicks up the juice without any spilling, it's when people overfill the carts by having a puddle of juice still on top of the cart that this can be a problem.

The main reason for this issue is from improper dripping. I read in a earlier post that someone asked if it was OK to drip 6 drops of juice on the atomizer, and let it sit for awhile before use. This situation is where it would be crucial on how you place your ecig. The juice has got to go somewhere, and without using a inner cart to hold the juice, you are risking a battery.

You really don't have to worry about this issue if you properly fill your carts, or you use pre-filled carts.

TLDR version for those who have a Sidesho, should I just hold off for the hybrid kit? Will I be kicking myself in the .... if I buy the automatic kit now?

Thanks in advance![/quote]

Last edited:

Backslash

ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2009
Louisville, KY USA
www.nws.noaa.gov
should I just hold off for the hybrid kit? Will I be kicking myself in the .... if I buy the automatic kit now?

I wouldn't ;)

I've been using the autos for over a month now... my manuals are on the way though.

My autos don't go off in loud areas or the car at all. The only time I've noticed them activating when I don't want them to is when I'm doing something at work and have to shove it in my pocket for a few minutes or in windy conditions outside. It's really not inconvenient at all.

If I need to shove it in my pocket because I can't set it down somewhere, like if I'm outside working, I just unscrew the atomizer then toss it in my pocket :D

Garnoch

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 5, 2010
NYC
Everything Tony said is dead on. If I can add to it, I've never had a problem killing an auto battery because of noise or wind or because of juice and I lay mine all over the place, including pockets. That being said, I prefer the strength of a manual battery even though I thought I'd prefer an auto. That's why I think the Hybrid kit is great - being able to try both. Yes I know the original post was months ago. :)
To answer today's question though, no there appears to be no difference.

Being that both the Auto and Manual have a 7-8 second cutoff, what, exactly, is the benefit of a Manual battery? Less sensitivity to external disturbance- wind, sound, etc? Because none of my Sidesho Autos seem to have an issue with those factors, and I drive with my stereo on and the windows down with the A/C blowing at full blast... besides, I am inclined to agree that the Auto batteries just plain give a better 'hit'.

kaeo773

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 10, 2009
Chicago USA
www.modernvapor.com
Being that both the Auto and Manual have a 7-8 second cutoff, what, exactly, is the benefit of a Manual battery? Less sensitivity to external disturbance- wind, sound, etc? Because none of my Sidesho Autos seem to have an issue with those factors, and I drive with my stereo on and the windows down with the A/C blowing at full blast... besides, I am inclined to agree that the Auto batteries just plain give a better 'hit'.

you should not have any issues with the autos being too sensitive to noise the majority of the time. The only time I have had some issues is when I have been a a very loud nightclub, and the music is loud (bass).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread