Sidesho vs. 902 Passthrough

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK guys and dolls, after making it through my first week of learning curves and my first couple of days sans analogs, I'm trying to decide which Passthrough I would prefer. My understanding is that the parts for the Sidesho and 902 are generally interchangeable, which is a good thing.

I'm definitely going to be trying a 902 atomizer with carts, just because it's a gadget and I'm a geek like that.

Now I need to know which Passthrough is preferred.

I know Tony prefers the Sidesho Passthrough because it's manual and the cord is attached, but auTONYmous prefers the 902 Passthrough because it's automatic and the cord can detach.

I have found thus far that I prefer an Automatic Battery as opposed to Manual, being that with the Sidesho batteries I have they both seem to have a cutoff point before they start blinking (a few seconds during/after each 'drag').

I assume they both draw constant power via USB- am I correct?

auTONYmous, if you would, please, what is the benefit of having a cord that will detach?

Any thoughts anyone could offer would be greatly appreciated!

kaeo773

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 10, 2009
Chicago USA
www.modernvapor.com
OK guys and dolls, after making it through my first week of learning curves and my first couple of days sans analogs, I'm trying to decide which Passthrough I would prefer. My understanding is that the parts for the Sidesho and 902 are generally interchangeable, which is a good thing.

I'm definitely going to be trying a 902 atomizer with carts, just because it's a gadget and I'm a geek like that.

Now I need to know which Passthrough is preferred.

I know Tony prefers the Sidesho Passthrough because it's manual and the cord is attached, but auTONYmous prefers the 902 Passthrough because it's automatic and the cord can detach.

I have found thus far that I prefer an Automatic Battery as opposed to Manual, being that with the Sidesho batteries I have they both seem to have a cutoff point before they start blinking (a few seconds during/after each 'drag').

I assume they both draw constant power via USB- am I correct?

auTONYmous, if you would, please, what is the benefit of having a cord that will detach?

Any thoughts anyone could offer would be greatly appreciated!

you should get at least 7-8 sec cutoff, if not, shoot me any email at info@modernvapor.com

you should get at least 7-8 sec cutoff, if not, shoot me any email at info@modernvapor.com

Yes, I sure do! Thanks, Tony!

I understand that's probably there so that I won't burn out my atomizer in a single 'drag'.

On that token, does eighter Passthrough have a cutoff to protect me from myself?

Also, do the Passthroughs work with the USB Car Charger/Adapter? That would be uber convenient on road trips!

Last edited:

auTONYmous

ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
Michigan

Well, I happen to be a bit of a neat freak, but I do have dedicated USB ports for all my devices, so I rarely have to remove cords.

BUT...I also do clean my e-cigs habitually, so removing the cord from the passthrough to take it elsewhere (bathroom or utility room) to clean it when I'm cleaning all my other auto/manual batts, attys, and refilling carts is more convenient than having that cord waving around near a sink.

I also coil the cord up and tuck it away when my PT is not in use, to de-clutter my desk (it's plugged into my monitor, which has 6USB ports. The passthrough is plugged in among my cell phone cord, a retractable ipod cord, a portable USB hard drive, and two open ports for thumb drives)

So, yeah...I like being able to remove it.
Just my $.02

kaeo773

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 10, 2009
Chicago USA
www.modernvapor.com
Yes, I sure do! Thanks, Tony!

I understand that's probably there so that I won't burn out my atomizer in a single 'drag'.

On that token, does eighter Passthrough have a cutoff to protect me from myself?

Also, do the Passthroughs work with the USB Car Charger/Adapter? That would be uber convenient on road trips!

yes, I use mine in the car all the time with the usb car adapter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread