Not open for further replies.

Sirius

Star Puppy
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 19, 2013
North Carolina
Getting one of these Sgelei 100 watt box mods and I have no idea as to what kind of coils I need to build. I've been building for almost a year always using Kanthal and rarely went down below .3 ohms. Never used Nichrome before either. Help please!

I have a variety of rda's and RBA's. My current favorite RBA is the Orchid V3. rda fave is Stillare and Magma.

$_3.JPG

Sirius

Star Puppy
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 19, 2013
North Carolina
I would personally build a 1.5 - 2 ohm coil. Choose an internal diameter that will give you a large surface area and that will allow you enough wicking material to avoid dry hits.

OK TY..LIke a macro on a 1/8th? Do I only use nichrome or can I also use kanthal? Sorry for all the questions but, it suppose to arrive tomorrow.

SLIPPY_EEL

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 11, 2013
Ω England Ω
you can use anything, nichrome will give you more wick coverage but when you get the sigelei you will really wonder why you asked so many question's, you can build any sort of coil/s and just go up or down the power to find a nice spot :) you will really like it, i do

i use 3/32nd mostly with a bit of 1/16th and 1/8th sometimes just to change things up

Last edited:

Sirius

Star Puppy
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 19, 2013
North Carolina
you can use anything, nichrome will give you more wick coverage but when you get the sigelei you will really wonder why you asked so many question's, you can build any sort of coil/s and just go up or down the power to find a nice spot :) you will really like it, i do

i use 3/32nd mostly with a bit of 1/16th and 1/8th sometimes just to change things up

Ha! Okay thnx..I just do not want to blow myself up or start any fires. :D
I'm a VW newb with the exception of a Coolfire that was a POS and a Hana also POS from China. It was the 30W but failed before I could really experiment with it.

G-weezy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2014
Minneapolis
Read the manual. Tells you the lowest is .15. I'm running a .5 build right now and can still go up to 100W.

I would build your normal coil and try it first. See how that goes. Adjust from there. Before I would only do like 4/5 wraps. But with the adjustability I'm doing 8/9 wraps now cuz it can heat up all the coils nicely.

Sirius

Star Puppy
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 19, 2013
North Carolina
Read the manual. Tells you the lowest is .15. I'm running a .5 build right now and can still go up to 100W.

I would build your normal coil and try it first. See how that goes. Adjust from there. Before I would only do like 4/5 wraps. But with the adjustability I'm doing 8/9 wraps now cuz it can heat up all the coils nicely.

OK nice..that's what I was thinking with nichrome. It's suppose to not get as hot as kanthal and I was wondering, which one do you use? Other like G-Plat? I know nothing of how those perform.

loll88

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2014
Getting one of these Sgelei 100 watt box mods and I have no idea as to what kind of coils I need to build. I've been building for almost a year always using Kanthal and rarely went down below .3 ohms. Never used Nichrome before either. Help please!

I have a variety of RDA's and RBA's. My current favorite RBA is the Orchid V3. RDA fave is Stillare and Magma.

$_3.JPG

I'm using either a stillare, tobh, or fogger v4.1 on this mod. For the fogger, running 0.8ohm with dual micro coil set up. For the stillare, I built a quad coil running at 0.3ohm (rounded up by this device) both set up using 28 guage kanthal. 7 wraps each for the quad coil using a 2mm screwdriver as well. Try and stay within .15 to .5 bulds. :vapor:

Sirius

Star Puppy
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 19, 2013
North Carolina
I'm using either a stillare, tobh, or fogger v4.1 on this mod. For the fogger, running 0.8ohm with dual micro coil set up. For the stillare, I built a quad coil running at 0.3ohm (rounded up by this device) both set up using 28 guage kanthal. 7 wraps each for the quad coil using a 2mm screwdriver as well. Try and stay within .15 to .5 bulds. :vapor:

loll88 -- Thnx hon..I think I will start with the Stillare..Good place huh? lol ;)

Yeah I'm a bit nervous about it so will stay around .5 to start then drop down a bit.

loll88

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2014
loll88 -- Thnx hon..I think I will start with the Stillare..Good place huh? lol ;)

Yeah I'm a bit nervous about it so will stay around .5 to start then drop down a bit.

Yup I started with .5/.6 ohms build and then slowly building down. :toast:

Oh yes, I forgot to mention making sure those air holes on the stillare really align beautifully with your coils is so important, "burnt" my throat the other day when I didn't align the air holes with the coil. Was stupid. haha

Last edited:

Sirius

Star Puppy
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 19, 2013
North Carolina
Yup I started with .5/.6 ohms build and then slowly building down. :toast:

Oh yes, I forgot to mention making sure those air holes on the stillare really align beautifully with your coils is so important, "burnt" my throat the other day when I didn't align the air holes with the coil. Was stupid. haha

Ewww..yeah been there done that a few times. Almost as bad as my first experience with Shiseido! :lol:

Sirius

Star Puppy
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 19, 2013
North Carolina
Is shisheido really good? I'm just using normal 100% cotton pads, looks bleached to me. At the same time do not look very different compared to the shisheido.

Yes they are very nice but you have to soak them in eliquid really well or you will get a dry hit They take a bit longer to get started. You might get a slight off taste first hit, but yeah..really good stuff.

loll88

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2014
Yes they are very nice but you have to soak them in eliquid really well or you will get a dry hit They take a bit longer to get started. You might get a slight off taste first hit, but yeah..really good stuff.

I should perhaps go get one packet to try and stop asking. hahaha well I was actually deciding between koh gen do and shisheido. The cotton pads I'm currently using do have a little slight off taste at first but once it "breaks in", perfect flavor.

atroph

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2014
Chesapeake, VA
If you are stateside you can get rayon from Wal-Mart in a Spring Valley melatonin bottle. It is the packing material. 1mg strength is what you need for the correct packing material. You could give it a rinse in distilled water if you are worried about the residue. You can tell the difference between rayon and cotton by the length and orientation of the fibers and rayon has a "squeak" about it when you rub it in your fingers. Once you have rayon and cotton side by side the differences are obvious. Always give a small sample the burn test. Rayon will turn to ash like cotton will. Poly will melt.

loll88

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2014
If you are stateside you can get rayon from Wal-Mart in a Spring Valley melatonin bottle. It is the packing material. 1mg strength is what you need for the correct packing material. You could give it a rinse in distilled water if you are worried about the residue. You can tell the difference between rayon and cotton by the length and orientation of the fibers and rayon has a "squeak" about it when you rub it in your fingers. Once you have rayon and cotton side by side the differences are obvious. Always give a small sample the burn test. Rayon will turn to ash like cotton will. Poly will melt.

wow thanks for the info bro, sadly I am from SG, everything is hard to get over here. sigh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread