Sigelei 150W - Juice leaking internally

Status
Not open for further replies.

ddzc

Jun 17, 2014
Toronto, ON
Hey everyone,

For the past month or so, I've been noticing leakage with in my box mod. When I open it up to replace or charge the batteries, there's juice all over the batteries, terminals, backplate, etc...I have to clean it dry every time I re-use it. I have a TFV4 and the atomizer itself is not leaking at all from the outside . If I remove it from the mod, I see the juice on the base of the atomizer and the mod...so it seems to be coming through the connector.

Has anyone experienced this? I feel that I have to replace everything at this point, the atomizer (unless it can be fixed), the box mod bc so much juice has gotten inside the internals and the batteries itself have marks all over them from the juice.

I'm a little new to the e-cig world and I've only had a couple. Any thoughts or suggestions?

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
Tighten the Center pin on the TFV4 Base.
If there is liquid in the 510 connection, there is liquid in the Tank AFC section and if it is not leaking out the Air openings, it is running down past the center pin.:cool:

*The act of Removing the tank from the mod could be loosening the Screw if it was not properly tightened when assembled.

ddzc

Jun 17, 2014
Toronto, ON
Hey everyone. I just got the Arctic V8! I tried many methods to fix my SMOK, but it just wouldn't stop leaking heavily. Also, for the past 3-4 days, I taste a nasty burning taste. I tried cleaning it and changing the coils multiple times and nothing, so I'm done with it.

I have a few qs about the new atomizer

1. Should I clean it before use? If so, what is the recommended method?
2. How should I regularly clean it? I usually just clean it with water and a tissue to get the gunk out of it. Any other methods on how to maintain it so it can last me a while?

Thanks!

Paul lamb

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 18, 2015
Newcastle, UK
Hey everyone. I just got the Arctic V8! I tried many methods to fix my SMOK, but it just wouldn't stop leaking heavily. Also, for the past 3-4 days, I taste a nasty burning taste. I tried cleaning it and changing the coils multiple times and nothing, so I'm done with it.

I have a few qs about the new atomizer

1. Should I clean it before use? If so, what is the recommended method?
2. How should I regularly clean it? I usually just clean it with water and a tissue to get the gunk out of it. Any other methods on how to maintain it so it can last me a while?

Thanks!
Always clean new tanks as there maybe residue in it from production

I always steep in soap and water

ddzc

Jun 17, 2014
Toronto, ON
Thanks!

The new tank is working pretty good. I like the screw down top fill cap feature. With the TFV4, every time I traveled with it, the top fill would unhook itself in my pocket and leak all over the place!

I still love the smoke output on the tfv4! I can get more smoke at a lower voltage. I'm 100% sure the leakage was coming from the bottom screw down piece because I had it sitting on a tissue overnight and there was juice on the tissue on where it was sitting. I wish I can fix it, it's a great tank and the juice tasted pretty good! Good to have as a backup.

Last edited:

Paul lamb

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 18, 2015
Newcastle, UK
Is that straight swapable or RBA? I still don't have any experience with building my own coils.

The Arctic is a nice atomizer, very well built. It just doesn't output the same as the TFV4. I have to crank my mod at around 90-100W to get the same smoke output as the TFV4 running at 70W.
They are stock coils, I believe this tank to be superior than the tfv4, which coils are you using in the v8?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread