Sigelei 19 cheap plating

Status
Not open for further replies.

flaw101

Mar 28, 2010
FL
ecighome.com
I just got this mod a month or so ago and am happy with it, will do some mods, etc. But I haven't seen any mention on the forum about the plating coming off as in the photo. Would fine steel wool work to remove the rest of the plating and bring some shine to the dull finish? I plan to mount the mod in a drill press for polishing. I'll post a photo in a minute.

25fhd84.jpg

Last edited:

Strings

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2014
Manitowoc WI USA
That's after only a month?

Either their plating is worse than Harley's, or you have some seriously acidic skin oils!

You SHOULD be able to remove the rest of the plating by flaking it off. Don't use steel wool or sandpaper if you plan on polishing it! Find something like Flitz: Flitz Polish and wax for Metal, Cars, Guns, Boats

flaw101

Mar 28, 2010
FL
ecighome.com
Haha....seriously acidic skin oil! Could be true. Well, I actually think that oil Is doing a pretty thorough job. I may just keep up the flaking. The underneath finish is kinda nice and soft. Just wondering if others have experienced this and what they did.

It's actually starting to look like a world map. Maybe I have some karma going on here.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread