Status
Not open for further replies.

Bobw1951

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
London, UK
Just a few thoughts for anyone who has one of these...

I have been a bit disappointed with the sigelei 19e until today, wobbly and switch misfiring, I was searching "magnetic switch" and found a few hints on this, So after a bit of pondering I took it apart:

1. I removed the spring from the top ( found out it was not a hot spring ).
2. turned tube upside down and screwed the firing button on the end that had the head on it (vent holes now at bottom)

You can now put battery in with Neg end towards the button and it fires better, not so much misfiring and doesn't wobble when I put it down, now waiting for a couple of n-magnets from fatdaddyvape so that I can do away with the spring inside the button, and hopefully cure the misfiring altogether.

Bobw1951

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
London, UK
No, my contacts are clean and work no problem, these misfires are due to the way the button is pressed, if you don't press it right in the middle, it misfires, it's down to the wobbly nature of the firing button, there have been umpteen complaints on all the 19 series starting with when they had magnets on the battery end of the contacts.

Bobw1951

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
London, UK
That's probably the problem, it comes apart too easily - it's not glued at all like some of the ones I have seen in YT vids, since the magnets are on their way to me, I'll wait until they arrive and see what difference they make, as i said it does seem much better already, but not quite there yet, actually haven't seen many copper scouring pads over here, most of ours tend to be SS.

If you can get your switch apart take some copper scouring pad and stuff it down in the switch from the bottom so that it surrounds the copper contact post. Guaranteed no misfires. Hard part is getting the switch apart...

Ride394

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 27, 2013
Oxford, NJ
The magnets won't help much with the unscrewing. What you need is a small piece of metal to but inside the brass piece so that the switch has something to thread tight against.

I'm sure SS pad would work as well just not quite as conductive as the copper.

Should look like this

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1395404407.367755.jpg

Bobw1951

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
London, UK
Thanks, I realise that, will look into doing something like your piccy

The magnets won't help much with the unscrewing. What you need is a small piece of metal to but inside the brass piece so that the switch has something to thread tight against.

I'm sure SS pad would work as well just not quite as conductive as the copper.

Should look like this

View attachment 317869

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread