Sigelei 213 + update and ohms issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ironwill

Mar 3, 2017
New member but figured this isn't a typical newbie question so I thought I'd ask here. I've looked on the net and found general information that's already in the included manual and some huge forum threads that would probably take at least a hour to scour through, which likely wouldn't fall in my catigory.
I'm not a wiring pro but I do have some computer experience under my belt and the way this device connects sounds weird. However I did as instructed. Pulled out the batteries, pressed the fire button, connected it to the usb, opened the update program, plugged the usb into my computer and pressed the fire button again. I tried at different lengths of pressing the fire button and even pressed it repeatedly and it won't connect.
Guys at our local shop, The Vaporium, said the new firmware bumps up the wattage and since I've had it, its burned two new TFV12 smok coils. It could be that the software inside the device isn't reflecting the ohms listed on the coils. Hoping this firmware update could fix it, cause I really like this Smok tank.
I don't think they would take the device back as I've been using it already, but so far I feel like I wasted $90 since it's not operating how it should, or at least the instructions aren't clear enough for me to properly set it up for my tank.

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
Don't have that one, but what I'm seeing is:

Once one end of Micro USB connect to Computer, turn off the mod (take out battery) and then press fire button: Next connect the other end of Micro USB to the mod and press the fire button till "Connected" and "Upgrade" icon brightened.

So it's hold the fire button until the icons on the upgrade software change state, not a press and release. Hope that helps!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread