Sigelei Kaos Spectrum Owners Group

Status
Not open for further replies.

RMK4444

Oct 10, 2017
AB, CANADA
Alright, damn I'm not taking this thing apart lol
i hear ya man, if sigelei had any brains they would be scoopin this up for there software and helping tonns of customers by enabling them to get what they paid for. plus making future mods much more accurate and customer friendly
CAN LEAD A HORSE TO WATER.... LOL

3vilpsychos

Oct 19, 2017
  • A MUST HAVE FOR ANY KAOS OWNER!! makes this already solid mod 100x deadlier!
Sounds like an advertisement. Sorry I'm not a sigelie fan. The only fuchai id run would be the duo3 and even then, my 510 connection is the building block for an excellent mod an they use cruddy 510s

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

• Disagree
Reactions: RMK4444

RMK4444

Oct 10, 2017
AB, CANADA
Sounds like an advertisement. Sorry I'm not a sigelie fan. The only fuchai id run would be the duo3 and even then, my 510 connection is the building block for an excellent mod an they use cruddy 510s

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk
not sure where to even start, but ill just simply go with the over obvious 2 points here. #1 heading says? 'FOR SIGELEI OWNERS'.... mmm hmm.. #2 anyone who holds even a moderate knowledge about mods realizes performance/function are equally reliant on both the hardware's and software's quality. ei. pretty common knowedge the VORTEX firmware is open source and free to download from there site! which would also take only 3 seconds to google and see its not a advertisement. although they do need one as it has better software then anything your probably running.. anyways so that actually explains why you have no real idea of what the video is actually showing... so..... in close your ''opinion is weightless n should probably be ignored for safety alone. not trying to be rude, just honest..

HawaiianVaporTrailz

ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2015
Me own Spectrum. Me love Spectrum. Me whisper softly in Spectrum’s ears.

Me no likey only one thing. Battery life not good.

Me using LG HE4’s, married. Me running TC, 26 gauge SS 316L, 3mm single coil, .45-.51 ohms, heat setting varies, depending on ohms. Power input of 100 watts. Me try lower wattage but no makey difference.

Me using Subtank Mini. Me likey Subtank Mini. Subtank Mini get jealous of Spectrum so me whisper in (her?) ears too.

Me turn off LED lights. Spectrum still eat up batts. Me have no idea why or how fixey.

Me sleepy. Me go nite nite.
LOL!

I know, I know, a strange posting. I just felt like injecting a little humor. But the short battery life is a major bummer. Does anyone else have the same problem?

I’m wondering if LG’s HG2 or Samsung’s 30Q 3000 mAH batteries would be better?

***edit***
I did not do an upgrade. I can’t get my MacBook to recognize the mod.

OlderNDirt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2014
Nebraska

Short answer is YES! Mathematically, 6000mah should provide approximately 20% more battery life then 5000mah when disregarding authenticity and age of batteries.

Having said that, I have little/no experience with temp control and wattage used. That is, the correlation, if any to 100 watts for TC compared to 100 watts in power mode. I mostly run my Kaos around 30 watts in power mode and get decent battery life even with the LED's on. Perhaps somebody will respond who has more knowledge of the Kaos cutoff when the batteries are drained and trying to hit at 100 watts.

In the meantime, for the cost of an authentic pair of the 3000mah batteries you mentioned, you might as well pick up a pair (from a trusted vendor) and give them a try. Another pair to use while the drained batteries are charging is a good thing.

QcVaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 17, 2017
Canada/Quebec
Me own Spectrum. Me love Spectrum. Me whisper softly in Spectrum’s ears.

Me no likey only one thing. Battery life not good.

Me using LG HE4’s, married. Me running TC, 26 gauge SS 316L, 3mm single coil, .45-.51 ohms, heat setting varies, depending on ohms. Power input of 100 watts. Me try lower wattage but no makey difference.

Me using Subtank Mini. Me likey Subtank Mini. Subtank Mini get jealous of Spectrum so me whisper in (her?) ears too.

Me turn off LED lights. Spectrum still eat up batts. Me have no idea why or how fixey.

Me sleepy. Me go nite nite.
LOL!

I know, I know, a strange posting. I just felt like injecting a little humor. But the short battery life is a major bummer. Does anyone else have the same problem?

***edit***
I did not do an upgrade. I can’t get my MacBook to recognize the mod.

I use about 60 watts on a .24 dual clapton coil and with some brown lg batteries, mod lasts me an easy 2 days no problem.

RMK4444

Oct 10, 2017
AB, CANADA
This your video? I just popped this on my Kaos and everything is working great, not lights. Not that they are a big deal, but did you do something to get those working? I flashed the original firmware and reflashed this with o luck

Yeah I loaded this video. Ahhhhmmm.. What do you mean flashed it? Did you follow the install steps givin by vortex on there site? I been getting quite a few people tell me they try this n that n who knows what.. Lol.. So I'm not really able to diagnose with out knowing exactly what your doin.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

RMK4444

Oct 10, 2017
AB, CANADA
Customized this KAOS from the inside out.. Definitely can say my babys 1 in a million! Lol
4e5e9f60c4c47bc24f34f34b5370753d.jpg
1508892760591.jpg
1508785363110.jpg

Codenomics

Oct 12, 2014
Yeah I loaded this video. Ahhhhmmm.. What do you mean flashed it? Did you follow the install steps givin by vortex on there site? I been getting quite a few people tell me they try this n that n who knows what.. Lol.. So I'm not really able to diagnose with out knowing exactly what your doin.

"Flashed" meaning flashed the custom firmware to the ROM.
Installation on their site is for a different mod and didn't see anything about the Kaos. I installed the firmware using the sigelei software.
Not asking you to troubleshoot or diagnose anything, just asking if you had to do anything special to get the lights working. I have a feeling that the white kaos version I have has an updated board that may be causing an issue.

RMK4444

Oct 10, 2017
AB, CANADA
Installation on their site is for a different mod and didn't see anything about the Kaos. I installed the firmware using the sigelei software.
Not asking you to troubleshoot or diagnose anything, just asking if you had to do anything special to get the lights working. I have a feeling that the white kaos version I have has an updated board that may be causing an issue.
That's your problem. 1st of all look a little harder on vortex because the firmware is there. 2nd You Can't flash firmware on a rom.. A ROM is firmware. 3rd "wth? Where in the directions does it say to try n load it with Sigelei's software? Pretty sure it doesn't. Won't even bother asking where that idea come from. Buts that's obviously where your problems are coming from.. Surprised you didn't fry your board. My only advice to help would be not to just plug shyt together n start pushing buttons. Usually it ends badly.

RMK4444

Oct 10, 2017
AB, CANADA
If your tryin to flash rom to firmwares, please do some self study on net about what your dealing with before damaging your belongings.. Good luck to you!

Codenomics

Oct 12, 2014
If your tryin to flash rom to firmwares, please do some self study on net about what your dealing with before damaging your belongings.. Good luck to you!

That was a bit rude, but ok.
I have been flashing firmware on devices for many a year.
Not sure why you think you are high and mighty and don't know the proper terminology. Calm down.

For those interested...

I spoke with the dev and the issue lies in the mod version. He has a V1 Kaos and everything g works fine there. The lights are not working on the V2.
I am waiting on a response from him as to wether he needs actual device in hand or just needs device dumps and testing.

RMK4444

Oct 10, 2017
AB, CANADA
That was a bit rude, but ok.
I have been flashing firmware on devices for many a year.
Not sure why you think you are high and mighty and don't know the proper terminology. Calm down.

For those interested...

I spoke with the dev and the issue lies in the mod version. He has a V1 Kaos and everything g works fine there. The lights are not working on the V2.
I am waiting on a response from him as to wether he needs actual device in hand or just needs device dumps and testing.
I apologize of that may of come off harsh. I wrote n built a program to make it work my way. But omg, it's like beginner 101 simplest things that your totally confusing or not understanding. Example if You say you been flashing things for years but your apparently tryin to flash rom to a firmware? Not only is that impossible but it makes no sense AT ALL.. Its like saying your trying to flash windows 7 onto windows 10? Software on to other software? K I thank you, I needed a good laugh [emoji23].. So its only natural to scratch my head about your terminology n methods. So you purchased a version 2 kaos? I have been successful 100% with every color. From old to very recent kaos spectums. You said yourself you cudnt even see anything for the kaos from vortex correct? Then wth did you use. I'm looking at proper needed files AND Follow PROPER INSTRUCTIONS ON THERE SITE.. LOOK HARD! Or learn write code, dissect there programming n create what you need. Once again I just suggest go on net. Learn basics and then flow programmers instructions.

Codenomics

Oct 12, 2014
I apologize of that may of come off harsh. I wrote n built a program to make it work my way. But omg, it's like beginner 101 simplest things that your totally confusing or not understanding. Example if You say you been flashing things for years but your apparently tryin to flash rom to a firmware? Not only is that impossible but it makes no sense AT ALL.. Its like saying your trying to flash windows 7 onto windows 10? Software on to other software? K I thank you, I needed a good laugh [emoji23].. So its only natural to scratch my head about your terminology n methods. So you purchased a version 2 kaos? I have been successful 100% with every color. From old to very recent kaos spectums. You said yourself you cudnt even see anything for the kaos from vortex correct? Then wth did you use. I'm looking at proper needed files AND Follow PROPER INSTRUCTIONS ON THERE SITE.. LOOK HARD! Or learn write code, dissect there programming n create what you need. Once again I just suggest go on net. Learn basics and then flow programmers instructions.

ROM = Read Only Memory.
Firmware = Software written to allow a device to be used at the hardware level.

You flash firmware to the ROM.

The more you type the more you show how little you know.

I never said I flashed ROM to firmware.

I also stated in my original post that I DID have the firmware from his site and that it was working properly aside from the lights, which HE says does not work using HIS firmware on the V2.

Walk away little boy, you are outsmarted and outclassed.

Also, before you try to look smart, save yourself the trouble... Yes you can write to a ROM.

RMK4444

Oct 10, 2017
AB, CANADA
ROM = Read Only Memory.
Firmware = Software written to allow a device to be used at the hardware level.

You flash firmware to the ROM.

The more you type the more you show how little you know.

I never said I flashed ROM to firmware.

I also stated in my original post that I DID have the firmware from his site and that it was working properly aside from the lights, which HE says does not work using HIS firmware on the V2.

Walk away little boy, you are outsmarted and outclassed.

Also, before you try to look smart, save yourself the trouble... Yes you can write to a ROM.
Hahahahaha your a total flake bud.. I own and operate a cell phone repair n customizing business. N you best recheck your tech for dummies guide book. 1st of firmware is yes the software= BASICALLY is commands n programming of functionality). Which is flashed to hardware). Now any custom ROM, whether its for phone, vape mod, pc doesn't matter. They are all created based from the original/official firmwares. Which developers use to customize n utilize the features/options they preferred. Which is also software!!!!!!! OMFG... YOU FLASH FIRMWARE OR A CUSTOM ROM ONTO THE devices HARDWARE!!!! DO YOU EVEN KNOW WHAT TERM "FLASHING" MEANS? No. You don't until you reread "tech for dummies"guide. Flashing MEANS (DOWNLOADING A HIGH RATE OF SPEED) as in a flash!?!?!! Hahahaha. So your telling me still in your vast ignorance that you are flashing software on to software? WHAOOOW... Ive installed firmwares n custom roms onto onto thousands of devices and get paid well to do it.. LET'S JUST LET FACTS DO THE TALKING.. IM THE ONLY MO FO YOU OR ANYONE ELSE IN THE FUKN WORLD THAT HAS MADE THIS WORK. LED LIGHTS AND ALL. ON OVER 50 KAOS MODS SO FAR. all perfect functioning.. I dont have to try n get a hold of ......ed techs to ask questions about your failures. So you can talk shyt all you want. All I say is actions prove why words mean Nothing.. My actions are successfully 50outta 50 on kaos alone.. MIC DROP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread