Not open for further replies.

Oktyabr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2009
Next to the ocean, WA
oktyabr.wordpress.com
I read a post last night from a small time vendor that had *one* #19 kit in that reported the threads in the 510 connector were not good. I messaged Abe at Exhale (on their facebook page) and suggested to him that IF it's the 510 connector that they ship them anyway with perhaps a #8 (flat top!) cap thrown in as a replacement! I kinda want to put a #8 top on it anyway ;)

He said details on the problem were "lost in translation".

zippersnapper

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 18, 2012
If I may divert back to the #13 vs #8. When we received the #13 in Mich's Co-Op, it was a horrible design as we know. Mich graciously pinged Sigelei about it, and was promptly sent #8 button switches and bottom Batt caps. I first tried to sand the new contact post to reveal brass, but it appears to be solid SS. The old button and post was Brass. The new negative post, seems only to be Brass on the very top, about 1mm deep? Anyone else discover this?

I'm now in desperate need for an "original" #13 button and post assembly, to retrofit the #8 I have...

g3n3r1c

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2012
outside the box
If I may divert back to the #13 vs #8. When we received the #13 in Mich's Co-Op, it was a horrible design as we know. Mich graciously pinged Sigelei about it, and was promptly sent #8 button switches and bottom Batt caps. I first tried to sand the new contact post to reveal brass, but it appears to be solid SS. The old button and post was Brass. The new negative post, seems only to be Brass on the very top, about 1mm deep? Anyone else discover this?

I'm now in desperate need for an "original" #13 button and post assembly, to retrofit the #8 I have...

havent tried the chromed switch pin, I swapped the guts from the plastic housing to use the bare brass pin with a larger contact pad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread