ECF Veteran
Aug 4, 2012
( -_-) Ω~

StaircaseWit

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2013
The Pit of Despair
Nah thats bull...., I've seen pictures of the "magnetic" bottom button holding up a battery.

It almost looks like they used a magnet on the contact post without really understanding a "magnetic switch".

And that spring looks very beefy for a bottom switch mod. Probably going to want to switch that out for something lighter. Bottom switches are a lot more comfortable with a light action.

michliu

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2012
Seattle, WA
Well, let's see what Abe comes back with on the Exhale Vapors facebook page. I couldn't figure why you would want the top cap and 510 pin to magnetically connect to the battery, it may be a a misinterpretation by SIgelei and the mixed up words they use. In the #13 coop, they called the mod an atomizer, so I wouldn't dismiss the possibility of Sigelei explaining it wrong and fooling all of us.

Oktyabr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2009
Next to the ocean, WA
oktyabr.wordpress.com
Sigelei #19 is NOT a "Magnetic" Button,
Not at least the current roll out versions

Now see, maybe that's just it. We *know* this video was made from an earlier version. We *know* that a few vendors shipments are being delayed due to some manufacturing problem that Sigelei wants to fix. The one in the video seemed to assemble and work correctly! Perhaps this NEXT version, the one that is being delayed, is being delayed while they actually put two magnets on the button end so it works as it was described?

Sigelei is working hard to become the eGo of the mechanicals it would seem. Lost in translation or not I have an itchy suspicion that someone might have made it very clear to them that many, many, MANY of those #19 pre-orders were being made because people were interested in a magnetic *switch*, as it was being described. If you were Sigelei what would you do? Delay the shipments while you make it a magnetic switch or ship it as-is (granted, still looks very nice in that video!) and hope it doesn't destroy a majority of the reputation that you've worked so hard to build?

Perhaps I'm being overly optimistic but on the other hand...

Oktyabr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2009
Next to the ocean, WA
oktyabr.wordpress.com
It also seems like I heard someone mention that the delay was in fact due to a re-design of the *switch*... Maybe it was Abe from Exhale, maybe someone else... I had seen one of the "early" #19's on sale by a vendor because there was an issue with the 510 threads of some sort so I assumed that it was the 510 threads that Sigelei wanted to improve... But then *someone* said it was not the 510 end of things but rather the switch end? I wonder what it could be that they are up to? :pop:

Oktyabr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2009
Next to the ocean, WA
oktyabr.wordpress.com
folks, yet another question regarding the 8..

batteries: flat or button top? compatible with both? and if so, is one preferable to the other for some reason?

was planning on an AW IMR 18350 and MNKE 18650...

I'm running flat top panasonic CGR18650CH's in my #8. No problem here! I see no reason why button top wouldn't work as well... unless you are thinking about putting in a kick, then YMMV.

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
folks, yet another question regarding the 8..

batteries: flat or button top? compatible with both? and if so, is one preferable to the other for some reason?

was planning on an AW IMR 18350 and MNKE 18650...

Fits both. No issues whatsoever. My 18650 is 'flat top', while the 18350 is 'buttoned'.

NOTE: I'd stick with a "Protected Battery", the ones which have a PCB. Not just 'Safe Chemistry'. U may like to read the CPF, or Battery University, or at least hear Craig here.

Oktyabr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2009
Next to the ocean, WA
oktyabr.wordpress.com
Got the #8 all spiffied up. Can't wait for the #20 to arrive..

Beautiful! It certainly LOOKS like it cost $100+!

I'm actually investigating a good, inexpensive metal *etching* kit. I know you can do it DIY, just trying to find a cheap source/method of coming up with consistently good/re-usable stencils.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread