Sigelei Mechnical Mods

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheSystemHasFailed

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 19, 2013
Valhalla
I have a question, I am about to dive into a mech.

Should I bother with a kick? I plan to go sub-ohm, as low as I can get. Will the output of a fresh batt. at 4.2 with a low ohm coil be good enough?
Or should I get a kick. ^^ You were saying at one ohm thats 19 watts. That's killer, so lower than an ohm I'd get over 20, so kicking would be useless, right?

Got an AGI for drip and a t+ for genny. Love em. Got ribbon/silica in the AGI...so nice!

Last edited:

Lhartman89

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2012
Canal Winchester, Ohio
I bought my first mechanical, rba, and a kick about the same time and used the kick maybe 3 times. Ever since I tried a mechanical and an RBA at 1.0 ohm, I mostly only vape them now. I still use my eVic and carto tank every now and then. Once you try it and get a better understanding, I think you will have no need for a kick. Or if you really want, wait until the sigelei kick clone is in stock at vendors and buy one. You can pre-order one now for $20 or so. The kick can only fire down to 1.5 ohm I believe.

O'Face

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2013
Indianapolis, IN USA

Should I bother with a kick? I plan to go sub-ohm, as low as I can get. Will the output of a fresh batt. at 4.2 with a low ohm coil be good enough?
Or should I get a kick. ^^ You were saying at one ohm thats 19 watts. That's killer, so lower than an ohm I'd get over 20, so kicking would be useless, right?

Got an AGI for drip and a t+ for genny. Love em. Got ribbon/silica in the AGI...so nice!

You don't need a kick, but make sure if your just getting started that you pick up either a short stop, or 2 cent fuse ;) Safety first!

Porksmuggler

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 31, 2012
USA

I'd still recommend picking up a kick clone for the times you want to use setups higher than around 1.8 ohm. Also, regarding the overall wattage, depending on the age and condition of your batteries and the ohm of your RBA, the loaded voltage drop increases substantially (lower sub ohm setups will multiple the voltage drop). I find newer batteries can have around a 0.1-0.2 V drop under load, older ones I've metered up to 0.5 V. There's a voltage drop under load on the mods too, typically 0.1 to 0.5 V, depending on your upkeep, etc. All of this subtracts from the useable wattage.

stimps403

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 6, 2011
SoCal
Here are few pics of the #20.

f07m6v.jpg

#13 and #20 with 18650 batts.
dq6g7r.jpg

a48nqq.jpg

30k4o49.jpg

g3n3r1c

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2012
outside the box
I like it, that's all that matters, mah DID has a life partner...
Didsig_3.jpg

For my next device I'd like to team up my modded AGA-t with a Gus Tele as a hybrid, if thats possible.

My Sigs are all solid performers with a little contact sanding and the right switch.
I know this isn't the place for trades, just though I'd give a heads up to any Gus Tele owners looking for some Sigelei love. I'll be listing some goodies in the classies tonight.

Last edited:

CountSmackula

Genisis Junkie
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 16, 2012
BFE, KY
Here are few pics of the #20.

f07m6v.jpg

a48nqq.jpg

30k4o49.jpg

Thanks for these photos! Wonder if grinding down the 510 connector will allow my RBAs to sit flush?

Do you know if the switch assembly comes out or disassembles?

p.s. Wonder how hard it'll be to buff out the ON/OFF & Sigelei logo?

Last edited:

TroyDestroy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
texas
i've taking off the etching with some sugar on scotch tape. do it slowly and it shouldnt mess up the finish. some of them say sigelei on the opposite side of the button too.

Thanks for the picture in 18350 mode!

sugar on scotch tape? please explain, like homemade sand(sugar)paper?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread