Sigelei zmax v5?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stumbled across this while browsing the net at work since my call time was 630 and i have been sitting here for 5 hours with nothing to do, lol. The phone charger adapter is pretty cool IMO. Been thinking of buying a telescopic zmax v3, saw this and now idk if I should wait or just get a v3. Currently have a vamo, but I hear the zmax is a bit smaller in overall size, which would make it much more convenient for work/ on the go. Then again, I'm 6'6" and the vamo fits my hand really nicely, especially with an 18650 in it, and my pockets are big enough to accommodate it, 99% of the time, and I converted my pouch from my ego kit to a battery/tank/juice pouch which I can put in my back pocket or tool bag or backpack or whatever I have that day.

Thoughts?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

backsplash

Verified Member
Jul 8, 2013
Austin TX
I just got my v5 today. I had a v3 but the screen went out within 3 days of owning it. I got store credit and pre-ordered the v5 because the store no longer had v3's. The only difference is you can charge your phone or any other device that has a USB adaptor. I will probably never use this feature. Also it does have a battery bar and puff counter when you hold down the button. Mine came with two bottom caps a small and large and I can't remember but on the v5 the top drip well unscrews, I don't think my v3 did that. Overall if I had a v3 I wouldn't sell it to get the v5. If I didn't have a v3 I would just say get the v5 for the couple of extra features.
rubyhuga.jpg

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1374263928.760776.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1374263928.760776.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 7,248
I went ahead and bought the V3 since Cigtechs was on my way home from work one day. I am very happy with it. I was happy with the VAMO, just annoyed at the one defect from the factory, it still works, but I forgot to set it aside and I packed it in a box and its somewhere in the storage unit with all of my other belongings.

I am very happy with the Sig V3 though. The puff counter would be kinda pointless for me, i have a tendancy to leave the thing on all the time as long as its not in my pocket. I guess while at work it would be nice to see what i use on avg on a smoke break, or since I always leave my device on, well 95% of the time I do, to see how many puffs to a battery

I dont really use ego tanks, so its not really a problem for me. My vamo V3 the top cap comes off and you can clean them, so if i go back to ego style threadings ill just use the vamo for those. I havent had it be a problem with my sig v3 yet. Im loving my sig, its got such a nice feel to it.

Ikeprof

ECF Veteran
Dec 19, 2012
Mt Clemens, Michigan
Have had one of these for a bit now. One thing that does bug me is that once in a while I can feel a hotspot develop in the threads for the telescope. I've cleaned both the ID and OD threads with a soft rag, tried different tension settings with an 18650 battery and no difference.

This is primarily an issue to me in that heat (as in hot enough to make you want to move your finger) that is being generated that is not in the coil in my tank is wasted battery energy and also I have concern that a hot enough localized hotspot may cause an issue with the battery.

I like the unit but would have been fine with a non-telescoping version.

Koman

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 7, 2010
lv
I just got my v5 today. I had a v3 but the screen went out within 3 days of owning it. I got store credit and pre-ordered the v5 because the store no longer had v3's. The only difference is you can charge your phone or any other device that has a USB adaptor. I will probably never use this feature. Also it does have a battery bar and puff counter when you hold down the button. Mine came with two bottom caps a small and large and I can't remember but on the v5 the top drip well unscrews, I don't think my v3 did that. Overall if I had a v3 I wouldn't sell it to get the v5. If I didn't have a v3 I would just say get the v5 for the couple of extra features.
rubyhuga.jpg
I like the display, I'd want one, too!

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
I got my Sigelei Zmax V5 from White Stag Vapor the end of last July on a preorder. Great supplier, great price and follow up (they sent me a manual link for it that is now gone... but I saved it as jpg files). The V5 gets used daily, often both day and night, hasn't missed a beat, not once. Liked it best at first in short 18350 config. But its plenty compact in 18650 so hasn't seen anything but those batts since. No issues at all other than I should have bought 2 of them (instead of buying 3 Sigelei mech mods when a couple would have been enough. The Don, the V5 and the #8W see daily use, the #19E and #20 don't get used much except for testing new flavors with atty's.

short_guy

Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
Brighton, MI
Yes, it is variable voltage, adjustable in 0.1V increments, or variable wattage, adjustable in .5W increments. Power output will remain constant until the battery is fully drained. Also, settings are remembered between battery changes, so you won't have to remember where you last had it set when swapping in a fresh battery.

I got mine last week, and have been very happy with it so far. It has a nice weight and feel to it, and seems to have a higher build quality than some of the Vamo models I've tried.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread