Sigelie Kick clone now available.

Status
Not open for further replies.

StaircaseWit

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2013
The Pit of Despair
They can't even take an image of their own device? It still says "Kicked by Evolv" on the PCB.

The way things are going with Chinese manufacturers doesn't bode well. Sure, we get to buy cheap, but who is going to innovate and invest in development if their product is quickly cloned and sold for 1/3 the price?

young gotti

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2012
PA
I have 3 Kicks, two of which don't work. If I can find a cheaper alternative I'm all for it because they obviously aren't worth the asking price.

this is how i feel...i had my kick for like 2 weeks and it bit the dust, but i've been doing fine without one, at that price i'm sure u can get ur money out of it if it's not anything good as long as it doesn't break

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
Just remember you aren't getting a real Kick like in their pictures but a ripped off clone.

So? Okay we are not getting Real Kicks that have had a not so good track record and ARE to expensive for what they are. On this one, I'd rather have the Chevy than the Buick.:laugh:

LeftCoastVaper

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 12, 2010
Mill Valley, CA
www.nexgenvapor.com
Kicks are a little fussy, but with proper setup and maintenance they work fine. They're very sensitive to bad connections, so it's advisable to polish the ground spring and battery terminals with steel wool or some fine abrasive, and make sure that your mod is super clean - including cap threads and atty connector. I'll bet those "broken" Kicks will spring back to life with some TLC.

double_aa_ron

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2012
Austin, Texas
Kicks are a little fussy, but with proper setup and maintenance they work fine. They're very sensitive to bad connections, so it's advisable to polish the ground spring and battery terminals with steel wool or some fine abrasive, and make sure that your mod is super clean - including cap threads and atty connector. I'll bet those "broken" Kicks will spring back to life with some TLC.

Nope they are broke. If they aren't then explain to my why one works and 2 don't using the same device.

Kemosabe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2011
Roe Dylin
i have a real kick. but i think im gonna get the sigeiei kick as a backup, or if i get another mechanical i'll use it in that. perhaps one of those china caravellas.

i do agree with the sentiment here that they could have at least used a real picture of the sigelei device. and on top of that i heard that they were calling it the stomp, not sigelei kick. maybe theyll start calling it the stomp once word gets out. not likely, but they should.

and speaking of the china clones, they really gotta have a new name and change the alibaba photos for the china caravela. all thats doing is pissing off the real designers and confusing people that dont know any different. its not that hard to come up with a name, sigelei did it on that huge batch of mechanicals they made, just by numbering them. numbers would have been a better name than what theyre doing now. oh well. not huge of a deal. plus i wouldnt be surprised if we started calling it the CHaravela. only makes sense.

LeftCoastVaper

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 12, 2010
Mill Valley, CA
www.nexgenvapor.com
Nope they are broke. If they aren't then explain to my why one works and 2 don't using the same device.

Ok, lemme turn on my ESP real quick... Hmmm. Swami says, cleeeeean contaaaaacts... Getting hazy... Darn, lost him. Well, it was worth a try.

double_aa_ron

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2012
Austin, Texas
Ok, lemme turn on my ESP real quick... Hmmm. Swami says, cleeeeean contaaaaacts... Getting hazy... Darn, lost him. Well, it was worth a try.

I am not an idiot. I know how to maintain my devices and I know when something isn't working the way it's supposed to. One of them doesn't work at all, but gets hot even without hitting the first button. The other works, but doesn't regulate the wattage according to what it's set at. The vape is the same at 5 watts and at 10 watts. They ARE broken.

Last edited:

Gr8Scott

ECF Veteran
Sep 23, 2012
Ifaitoldzya, Umytszlapmi
Almost just bought one. Then I thought about the "Oooooh neat, gotta get one real quick" vs. "I can spend the money at least a dozen other non-impulsive ways and have just as much fun".
The latter being the prevailing action.

At the rate that new vape tech is coming along I don't grab at every shiny object, though I sure want to sometimes. If I would have waited on the Itaste I bought before Innokin fixed them, I wouldn't be plugging it in like I was disarming a bomb each time I charge it because of the ridiculously weak charging port.

VV on my mechanical would be really cool , though.

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md

You know, you gave your advice. You don't need to ASSume people are all stupid. I'd say a guy that has 3 and knows how they should be working, might just have a clue.:glare:

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
bought a real Kick on release day... still no problem with it... serves its purpose for my high ohm applications....

dont know why someone would have a faulty kick and still purchase two more :?:

Maybe like me. they buy in quantity. I buy almost everything in 2-3 qty. Just got a single RSST tank in a coop and could already kick myself. Should have bought at least 3. Those are one nice Tank.

LeftCoastVaper

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 12, 2010
Mill Valley, CA
www.nexgenvapor.com

You know, you gave your advice. You don't need to ASSume people are all stupid. I'd say a guy that has 3 and knows how they should be working, might just have a clue.:glare:

Hey, he asked! :)

LeftCoastVaper

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 12, 2010
Mill Valley, CA
www.nexgenvapor.com
I think Kicks are a waste of money. Only reason is that we can build our own coils now. I vape .8 to 1.0 ohm with MNKE batteries. Doesn't really get much better than that.

That's a great setup but it's not for everyone. With a Kick, or, to an extent, any VV/VW device you've got a lot more head unit options.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread