Sigh, a little advise if you will? ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright, so here is the deal. I wish I would have found these forums sooner. Lol, well a few months ago Michigan passed a smoking ban in public places, ie bars. On the first night I went out to the bar since the law had been passed, I ran into a friend from Canada who I thought was smoking in the bar. When I approached him however I found out otherwise. Turns out voila an e-cig, and the first I had ever seen or even heard of tbh. Well long story short we talked about it and I found myself very interested. Then I tried it and I found it quite nice.

The next day I did a quick look on google and I found a website, and thought I would come back to it when I had the extra money to start it up. Well its been a few months since then and today I decided, screw it I will buy a starter package as I knew I had already liked it. Well least to say I was ignorant and didnt bother doing more research to see if I could find different brands. I ordered the SS Choice No. 7 from E Cigarettes, Electronic Cigarettes, Electric Cigs .

After I ordered I laid down and I started thinking. Why didnt I bother looking around first? I decided to do some research and eventually due to a couple youtube videos and google searches I was led to this site. And numerous other sites for e-cigs. I found through a little digging into the forums here that SS Choice No. 7 wasn't so good an option. And unfortunately I have to wait for it to arrive before returning it. I noticed that the Atomizers from them tend to burn out quickly and overall not a good product.

So my question is, can I get any tips on what to look for? Possibly some good recommendations. I would like one that feels as much like a real cig as possible. I would like one that I know can be reliable and long lasting.

And I will assure you, I will be visiting these forums before I make anymore rash decisions on making a purchase.

Thanks! :blush:

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
Beautiful Baldwinsville (CNY)
DonDaBoomVape also has an excellent intro thread, something like "best e-cigarette for a starter" from May. Basically he discusses the KR808D-1 and the 510, two of the most popular, common, starter units.

I also went to SS -- got their Classic 3 piece. Apparently it's an RN4081. It let me see the potential of vaping, but wasn't for me (I used it as my first pay-if-forward offering, and the person who accepted it seemed to think it was fine). I switched to a KR808D-1, got some good e-liquid, been a happy camper since.

Welcome!

SnowDragon

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2010
Boise, Idaho
Well cskent....this is the Pandora's Box of the New Member Forums. Soon a Tsunami will ashore between the Ego, 510, and KR808 fanatics so let me get my plug in here first. If you don't want to deal with atomizers, dripping, etc, and simply want to vape with ease with a quality set-up offering a vast variety of flavors get a KR808D-1 style battery. I would recommend the Regular or XL battery, along with a USB Pass-through while you are on the computer, 12v/USB adapter while you are in the car. A Pass-through get direct power, no charging and operates at 5v providing great vapor production, enhanced flavor, without suffering from battery fade.

Auto or Manual, they will both get you to where you want to be and work equally well. XL Batts last longer between charges but they are a little on the long side 4 1/4 inches with a carto attached 5 1/2 with, so not exactly like holding a ciggie. Regulars are 3 1/4 or 4 1/4 with carto and are simliar to a ciggie 100. There are couple of different companies Like Nhaler or Vapor4Life, I happened to go with V4L and have been very happy.

As time goes by and you become more vapor savvy you can then decide to take a step up, I just recently bought a "Buzz" a moded p/v and time will tell if it was worth the money.

klamathkid

May 5, 2010
Alabama
I agree. The stickies at the top of this forum will give you lots of information. Also visit The ECF Library and look for the six-part sticky. It has lots and lots of good info, too. Most beginners are advised to choose a simple kit -- 510 or KR808D-1 -- and for good reason. You can get sooo much info here that all the choices and types can be confusing and intimidating -- the KISS method, IMO, works very well. You can always upgrade either one later with longer-lasting batteries, etc.

Java_Az

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 29, 2010
Colorado
Really to recommend a kit for you, i would need more information. Like what are your concerns, Do you want one that looks like a cigarette ? IS battery life more important then the look of the model? Do you have an idea about if you want to refill your own cartridges? Or are you looking for a more convenient less hassle solution ( also more costly ). If you could answer those and add anything else you can think of it would be helpful. I could just recommend what i use but we are all different so i like to get a bit of info on what the person wants before saying hey get this kit.

Thanks, I appreciate the video link, proved to be a good amount of help.

I guess I am a little tired, and I realize it wont be exactly like a real cig but I guess I was trying to say I am looking for what would be the best/easiest transition fully over to an e-cig. Either way I am loving the advise from all of you, I think I might just go ahead and order a 510 or KR808D. Then when the SS comes in I will simply return it. I never realized that was so much to this! Its all still somewhat new to me. And once again,

Thanks! :D

Really to recommend a kit for you, i would need more information. Like what are your concerns, Do you want one that looks like a cigarette ? IS battery life more important then the look of the model? Do you have an idea about if you want to refill your own cartridges? Or are you looking for a more convenient less hassle solution ( also more costly ). If you could answer those and add anything else you can think of it would be helpful. I could just recommend what i use but we are all different so i like to get a bit of info on what the person wants before saying hey get this kit.

Well, I honestly have no real concerns. I do not mind learning how to fill my own carts which it doesnt seem to be real hard, and with practice it should be fine. I would like a good battery life because I tend to smoke throughout the day usually a smoke once an hour, sometimes more, sometimes less. When I am at work though I usually have a couple smokes during my breaks. Usually 1 20min break and two 10 min breaks. I am usually at work for about 7 hours a pop so. I would also say one that isnt to big. I smoke Camel 99's which are equal in length to 100s.

Java_Az

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 29, 2010
Colorado
You might want to look into the eGo kit it has good battery life much better then the 510. Two batteries should get you threw the day. Plus these models give you lots of extra options should you decide you want to try them. Really they are 510 connectors but the battery is bigger. With the bigger battery you can run LR atomizer in case the regular ones are not cutting it for you. They also sell a mega atomizer and cart for it that holds a ton of juice if you get to a point where you dont like filling the regular carts all the time, that helps. They also just came out with mega cartomizers for them that hold alot of juice. Cartomizers are a atomizer + cartridge all in one. Some people like those. So i recommend that kit for you starting out it does cost a bit more then other kits but with all the options it gives you down the road i think it would be worth it for you.

chrisl317

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 29, 2009
Warren, MI USA
Since your from Michigan also, why not a Michigan made PV? The Bartleby comes from Royal Oak and is a 3.7v 510 box mod that has a usb charging/pass-through feature. It's $50+ shipping with 2 14500 trustfire batteries, you supply the atty. I don't know about shipping as I usually just pick mine up. I'm close by. I vape all day long, and when I'm at the computer I plug it in and run off the power of the usb port. It's great for dripping also.

http://eboxmods.blogspot.com/

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread