>.< .......*sigh*

Status
Not open for further replies.
So far this site has been has been an annoying PITA, hopefully the community makes it all worthwhile. I prefer to post questions in specific sub forums, but I am unable to do so right now. So let me start out by saying I used Chantix to quit smoking, my last cigarette was August 20th, 2012 at 2:20AM, however like every ex smoker, I still have urges to smoke. Albeit they are much easier to evade now, but my question is on the health aspect of non nicotine e-cigs. As an ex smoker, would smoking a flavored non nicotine e-cig be bad idea? I need a lot more info on this. I'm not looking to smoke e-cigs all the time, a little on break at work maybe and possibly once or twice after work (the equivalent of maybe 4 cigarettes a day), and at the rate of 30 cigs per cartridge I'm looking at about 7.5 days a cartridge. So essentially 4 cartridges a month, unless my math or info is wrong. So any clarity on whether or not it is "healthy" or a bad idea to start smoking non nicotine e-cigs would be very helpful and greatly appreciated.

hrlw817

ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2012
St. Charles, MO
Welcome! After your 5 posts, you can post anywhere in the forum, except the classifieds, unless you are verified. E-cigs in general are MUCH safer than regular cigs. There isn't the 3,000 nasty chemicals in the e-cig. Don't believe those "each cartridge will last the same as a pack of cigs". More like one of the carts will last 2-3 cigs.

Nicotine isn't the bad factor here, it's when it's combined with all the other stuff in a regular cig, or in it's raw form, is when issues really start to arise. To answer your question, if you vaped 0 nicotine all day long, it won't cause any harm, nicotine wise.

You are much better off with a e-cig than a regular cig. The health benifets are positive. You will start to regain your sense of taste, smell, and overall feel better than you did while smoking. That's including using an e-cig.

Last edited:

nebulas

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2011
Earth
You can get eliquid in ZERO mg nicotine. Meaning they have no nicotine. You just get flavors and clouds of vapor. This is not a bad idea at all.

Saying a prefilled cartomizer will last you the equivalence of 30 smokes is not accurate. I know vendors advertise this but it is a flat out lie. This is totally a guess but I would say a prefilled carto is equal to maybe 5-10 smokes. If you buy a bottle of juice to refill them, then they can last you much longer and is a much more cost efficient route. If you are refilling, then about 4 cartos sounds about right for the rate you are talking about, maybe less, and it sounds like you might go through about 30mls a month of juice. Average price on juice is $0.50 per ML.

If you are going to do no-nicotine juice though, I would advise to just mix it yourself. Most juice vendors charge the same for their highest nicotine juice and for their 0 nicotine juice and 90% of the cost of making the juice is for the nicotine.

hrlw817

ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2012
St. Charles, MO
So I should be able to smoke non nicotine e-cigs no problem then? Good, I might just do that.

And I must have missed the 5 post in new members forum part.

Go go gadget Tapatalk

Yes. You can vape pretty much all you want. Even if you vape with nicotine, your body will tell you when to stop for awhile.

Just post a few more times and your ready to post elsewhere in here.

i think u should just tough it out to be honest, you already went through the hard part by quitting good job by the way :)

Thanks, toughing it out is the hard part because I still have the same amount of stress in my life as I did before, but I now need another way to cope with it.

Go go gadget Tapatalk

You can get eliquid in ZERO mg nicotine. Meaning they have no nicotine. You just get flavors and clouds of vapor. This is not a bad idea at all.

Saying a prefilled cartomizer will last you the equivalence of 30 smokes is not accurate. I know vendors advertise this but it is a flat out lie. This is totally a guess but I would say a prefilled carto is equal to maybe 5-10 smokes. If you buy a bottle of juice to refill them, then they can last you much longer and is a much more cost efficient route. If you are refilling, then about 4 cartos sounds about right for the rate you are talking about, maybe less, and it sounds like you might go through about 30mls a month of juice. Average price on juice is $0.50 per ML.

If you are going to do no-nicotine juice though, I would advise to just mix it yourself. Most juice vendors charge the same for their highest nicotine juice and for their 0 nicotine juice and 90% of the cost of making the juice is for the nicotine.

How do I find a juice vendor? Would a google search work for that or is there a more efficient way? I live in the US if that makes any difference.

Go go gadget Tapatalk

hrlw817

ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2012
St. Charles, MO
How do I find a juice vendor? Would a google search work for that or is there a more efficient way? I live in the US if that makes any difference.

Go go gadget Tapatalk

Once you get 1 more post in, and give the forum a little bit of time to reset, there are vendor forums in the main forum page, you just have to scroll down. Most of those have their sites listed. The ones listed support the ECF. Then all you have to do is some shopping!!

hrlw817

ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2012
St. Charles, MO
Sounds good, would Mistic or some other brand I could find at a gas station be good for starting with while I do research?

Go go gadget Tapatalk

While the gas station e-cigs are a decent starting point,(it's what I started with) you probably won't find those very good. But, they are better than going back to regular cigs. I'm not sure if any of those are 0 nicotine, I could be wrong. It's been a long time since I used any of those.

You can always try them, and then when you find something better while researching, you can use those as a backup if need be. Just remember, if you try the gas station e-cigs, and don't like them, there are much better ones out there.

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
Compared to "real" vaping, the gas stations ones are quite inferior. I keep a couple on hand though, for when I'm craving an analog and need to be I'm reminded of why I don't smoke anymore. I get Green Smart Living - I think they are about the same as any others from liquor/convenience stores. You can get them in in 0, medium, and high (which is 18mgs).

AuBadge

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2012
Antioch, TN
neuronradio.net
In response to the original question, I agree with others that you should be fine using a zero-nic e-cig for the hand-to-mouth mechanism you might be craving in times of stress....(here's my caveat) if you're no longer addicted to/dependent on nicotine. Since you used Chantix (successfully, I guess), it may not be an issue. If you find that zero nicotine isn't cutting it, don't hesitate to try low-level nic. You could do far worse. Welcome to ECF. :)

elothen

ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2012
Ft. Worth
Thanks, toughing it out is the hard part because I still have the same amount of stress in my life as I did before, but I now need another way to cope with it.

Go go gadget Tapatalk

You comment on stress reminded me of some of the brainwashing we've all undergone related to cigarettes. They are, in fact, NOT stress reducers. They actually INCREASE stress in your body. The only stress they reduce is that of nicotine withdrawal. I got a lot form Allen Carr's book on the subject, may be a useful read for you (or anyone). Quit Smoking with Allen Carr's Easyway to Stop Smoking | Experts in Smoking Cessation
I'm sure you can find it in the library by now.

That being said, I found personally that I once I broke free from cigs I was fine... until I drank... around other smokers... then married one :-/ My wife and I both found that e-cigs are the ultimate defense against analogs. We can drink all night, in a room full of smokers, and be totally at peace. A few of them may go buy e-cigs the next day though ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread