Not open for further replies.

WorksForMe

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2012
N.N., Virginia
I've had the banners below in my signature for a long time. Now they can't be seen in my posts. Does anybody know why?

bannerusd

9974739e5e33027c7244f0b4518d5a2d.jpg

WorksForMe

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2012
N.N., Virginia
Do they display correctly on the puffin e-liquid site where you generated them?

Yes they do. They even display properly when I go to Edit Signature on ECF, but they don't display in my posts. How did you know one of them was from Puffin e-liquid? Can you see them?

somdcomputerguy

vaper dedicato
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
    Yes they do. They even display properly when I go to Edit Signature on ECF, but they don't display in my posts. How did you know one of them was from Puffin e-liquid? Can you see them?
    No, I can't see them. I discovered they're Puffin generated images by right clicking on the images here (which are just the X images) and looking at the URL.

Last edited:

somdcomputerguy

vaper dedicato
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!

WorksForMe

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 21, 2012
    N.N., Virginia
    @WorksForMe, trying to view the image from CASAA yields a 403 Forbidden error. Try contacting support there, or perhaps @kristin could help somehow.

If I remember right, when I setup my signature ECF wouldn't let me have a quit counter and a banner linked to the CASAA website, so my CASAA banner wasn't linked. The only quit counter I've found that still works is one from Vapor Bomb. I'll play around with it some more later. Thanks for the help.

ETA: I guess I was wrong about the Vapor Bomb quit counter. I'm going to try to set something up on TickerFactory. If that doesn't work, I'll try to get my CASAA banner working.

Last edited:

somdcomputerguy

vaper dedicato
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
    Well glad to have helped, as little as I was able to. This brings to mind a thought I've had for a long time. In the vape page on my website, I wrote a 'counter' of sorts, and I would like to make it available for more people. It's basically just some code that I wrote in PHP, there's no graphics involved in it however, and I don't think the webhost I use would appreciate all the extra traffic that would result when used in dozens of other's signatures. Anyway, I hope you get your issue resolved.

kristin

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 16, 2009
    CASAA - Wisconsin
    casaa.org
    So, unfortunately, the old CASAA banner and link broke when we launched the new website. I've been meaning to fix my own signature for a while now, so I created a new banner (with our updated logo colors) and it's clickable with a link to the new Join CASAA page. You can add this BB Code to your signature using the BB Code Editor button at the upper right.

Code:
    [CENTER][URL='https://casaa.org/get-involved/'][IMG]https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/media/casaa-banner.432279/full[/IMG][/URL][/CENTER]

WorksForMe

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 21, 2012
    N.N., Virginia
    So, unfortunately, the old CASAA banner and link broke when we launched the new website. I've been meaning to fix my own signature for a while now, so I created a new banner (with our updated logo colors) and it's clickable with a link to the new Join CASAA page. You can add this BB Code to your signature using the BB Code Editor button at the upper right.

Code:
    [CENTER][URL='https://casaa.org/get-involved/'][IMG]https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/media/casaa-banner.432279/full[/IMG][/URL][/CENTER]

Thanks Kristin. Hopefully I can figure out how to do that.:)

Reactions: kristin

kristin

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 16, 2009
    CASAA - Wisconsin
    casaa.org
    Thanks Kristin. Hopefully I can figure out how to do that.:)

It's super easy. 1) First, drag your cursor to highlight the BB code I shared in the post above. 2) Then right click and choose "copy." 3) Then, scroll to to the top of the forum and hover over your username at the right-hand side. You'll see "Signature" in the dropdown list of options. Click that. 4) In the upper right corner of the signature text box, you'll see an icon that looks like a piece of paper with the corner folded down. Click that. 5) Then click in the text box, right click and choose "paste." The BB code should appear. 6) Click "preview" to make sure it shows up properly then 7) click "Save Changes" and the clickable banner should appear below your posts.

somdcomputerguy

vaper dedicato
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!

WorksForMe

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 21, 2012
    N.N., Virginia
    It's super easy. 1) First, drag your cursor to highlight the BB code I shared in the post above. 2) Then right click and choose "copy." 3) Then, scroll to to the top of the forum and hover over your username at the right-hand side. You'll see "Signature" in the dropdown list of options. Click that. 4) In the upper right corner of the signature text box, you'll see an icon that looks like a piece of paper with the corner folded down. Click that. 5) Then click in the text box, right click and choose "paste." The BB code should appear. 6) Click "preview" to make sure it shows up properly then 7) click "Save Changes" and the clickable banner should appear below your posts.

Thanks so much Kristin.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread