Dec 14, 2012
Toronto,Canada

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
Yes you can use silica, but like the above comments, sometimes the opening can cause some minor problems.

Stainless steel or silica wick , its a matter of what you want in your vape. If you like a stronger tH , tons of vapour,and more intense/harsher flavour and like to fiddle and experiment you might like the Genesis/ ss wicks. If you like less TH ( not that you wont get some TH) lots of vapour, more complexity in your flavour and a lot less fiddling and experimenting you might like silica/ cotton set ups.

It also depends on your juice, your resistance also. I ended up on silica because I tried a DID, a Zen and another similar atty and for me the way it changed my favorite juice was not to my liking. Yes it performed great, tons of giant clouds, but for me the TH was too much, the nicotine was too intense and it changed the flavour to the point it was not enjoyable. I use NET tobaccos so that is probably part of it. THe people I know that use Genesis set ups that I know tend to use fruity flavours and they love the way the subtle blends come out.

I tried someones Odysseus and it was exactly what I needed. The flavours came out great from my tobaccos and it was subtle and complex with out over powering TH and heat. I like a cooler vape and with genesis the size of your top cap makes a difference in heat and intensity. Larger cap, more space for heat to disperse, more clouds. Smaller chamber/top cap hotter , a little less vapour and more TH. Also people have prefernces on the air holes too. Smaller hole more pull, larger more airy draw.

You have to factor in your MOD/PV and limitations etc. I dont know if this helps. With some people genesis type system doesnt work, too much work, shorts, and too much work, but there are those who love it and dont find all the work to be a problem. Once you get the wick making right, it will last for weeks with occasional dry burn to keep everything clean.

Silica or other fiber systems are easier, you sometimes have to learn to twist your wires, but thats easy if you practice a little. There are some premade silica wicks out there. If you learn to do it your self you get to choose your resistance where you want it.

If all that is too much work you always have cartomizers which are great, you have Vivi Novas with premade heads. Now you also have the Termintor/ Ody clone, its geat too.There are lots of atomizers if you dont mind dripping. Find out what you like about what you are using and what more you might need. Dont let people talk you into whats IN or what you HAVE to use, or tell you that cartos are bad, and you dont get good flavour, unless you just are not getting the flavour you want.

vaping is supposed to be fun. Its supposed to keep you off cigarettes, not frustrate you to the point you need to get some cigarettes from the stress. A cartomizer in a good tank or not is the next easiest thing next to just lighting up. Get used to what you use , get it to the point its second nature and if then you feel you need more try out something different try it.

Mod envy and everyones opinion on the ulitmate vape can sometimes make us feel we need to spend more or cause us un-needed worry and frustration.

Last edited:

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
Vaping is supposed to be fun. Its supposed to keep you off cigarettes, not frustrate you to the point you need to get some cigarettes from the stress. A cartomizer in a good tank or not is the next easiest thing next to just lighting up. Get used to what you use , get it to the point its second nature and if then you feel you need more try out something different try it.

Mod envy and everyones opinion on the ulitmate vape can sometimes make us feel we need to spend more or cause us un-needed worry and frustration.

very well said

michliu

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2012
Seattle, WA
The Vivi Nova is good for what it is, a well-built, non-leaking clearomizer that you can rebuild. But after trying a Genesis style atomizer, it has changed what I vape with. The flavor is so much cleaner with a stainless steel wick. I rebuild all of my dripping atomizers with stainless steel wick now, and my Cobra clone and Aga-T get the nod when I need a tank. The only time I use my Vivi Nova now is when I know I'll be laying my PV down for a long period of time, like when I leave it in the car, since it doesn't leak at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread