Silo Beast by Beyond Vape Thoughts/Short Review

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats good news then! I'm supposed to get it tomorrow but don't expect that happening which is fine. Maybe it'll come in with my new batteries that would be awesome. I purchased an RBA head V2 for the segatank to try out in this thing.
Real nice! Pics of your segatank RBA build if you can...

Ryanmcg1

ECF Veteran
Oct 7, 2014
Garyville, La
On the iPV4.

Man that is awesome, really. I am really considering the black IPV4 or Snow Wolf, I found it locally for around $125. I don't like my vaporflask in temp mode, it's too hard to build something over .1 ohms that doesn't get mangled. I tried a few twisted nickel builds and always comes around .8-.9 ohms. I ordered the shorty tank for the beast. They told me it didn't come in this beast shipment but when I got my shipped email the shorty tank was listed with the beast as shipped so we will see tomorrow. I'm hoping the VS Nickel coils I have on standby will make me enjoy using my VF in temp mode. I assume you have the nickel coils just because your using it on 2 temp mods? If soo what is your thoughts?

Shigura

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 26, 2015
Lincoln, NE
Man that is awesome, really. I am really considering the black IPV4 or Snow Wolf, I found it locally for around $125. I don't like my vaporflask in temp mode, it's too hard to build something over .1 ohms that doesn't get mangled. I tried a few twisted nickel builds and always comes around .8-.9 ohms. I ordered the shorty tank for the beast. They told me it didn't come in this beast shipment but when I got my shipped email the shorty tank was listed with the beast as shipped so we will see tomorrow. I'm hoping the VS Nickel coils I have on standby will make me enjoy using my VF in temp mode. I assume you have the nickel coils just because your using it on 2 temp mods? If soo what is your thoughts?
I'm enjoying a VS atlantis ni coil as we speak, hasn't let me down! Which what led me to this so I can put the ol' V1 to rest. Rather pricey for coils but they work.

This is going to sound stupid but I completely prefer kanthal. That said the TC/nickel thing is just a lot of fun to screw with. I mean yeah you can chain vape and no burn but that touch of harsh, that one last thing that reminds me of analogs is gone with nickel. TC on kanthal would be perfection for me but that's just one pinhead's opinion [emoji6]

Reactions: Ryanmcg1

Ryanmcg1

ECF Veteran
Oct 7, 2014
Garyville, La
Real nice! Pics of your segatank RBA build if you can...

Cool, I would also like to see a build in it Kanthal, Ni or Ti. How's the vape with Ti compared to the other 2 and how have you applied the range in temp who it? I am interested that it might be a better option for me since it doesn't sound like it is as soft as Ni.

This is going to sound stupid but I completely prefer kanthal. That said the TC/nickel thing is just a lot of fun to screw with. I mean yeah you can chain vape and no burn but that touch of harsh, that one last thing that reminds me of analogs is gone with nickel. TC on kanthal would be perfection for me but that's just one pinhead's opinion [emoji6]
Oh yeah, forgot; the iPV4 for the price it's almost silly not to buy one but that Snow Wolf feels really good to hold in your hand.

Ryanmcg1

ECF Veteran
Oct 7, 2014
Garyville, La

I have thought about experimenting with Kanthal and Ni twisted or parallel, I've had the same thoughts as Nichrome 80 and Ni. I just picked up a few feet of NH80 the other day to try but haven't decided on the best application for it yet.

I have thought about experimenting with Kanthal and Ni twisted or parallel, I've had the same thoughts as Nichrome 80 and Ni. I just picked up a few feet of NH80 the other day to try but haven't decided on the best application for it yet.
Twisted parallel dual metals combo! You sir are a gentleman and a scholar. That sounds badass.

Ryanmcg1

ECF Veteran
Oct 7, 2014
Garyville, La
Oh yeah, forgot; the iPV4 for the price it's almost silly not to buy one but that Snow Wolf feels really good to hold in your hand.

I did like playing with the snow wolf the other day, I should have threw my tugboat on it and gave it a spin. But it was fresh out the box and charged up but didn't know if the guy would have been ok with that since it still had the sticky wrap on it. I may go back and ask to try it.

Shigura

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 26, 2015
Lincoln, NE
Cool, I would also like to see a build in it Kanthal, Ni or Ti. How's the vape with Ti compared to the other 2 and how have you applied the range in temp who it? I am interested that it might be a better option for me since it doesn't sound like it is as soft as Ni.
I rather enjoy using it a little bit, far more stable then nickel with the springyness of kanthal. So its much stiffer if thats your bag but for some reason I still prefer nickel as far as building coils. So my Ti builds are pretty basic and keep it as a SS coil. Nice clean and plentiful vape but you have to dial back about 100 degrees compared to kanthal. Using a few DNA40s and a mini VF currently.
Looks like your hope is just around the corner or so it seems. I'm sketchy on the thought of kanthal for TC but if these devices prove it then its game on for sure.

Ryanmcg1

ECF Veteran
Oct 7, 2014
Garyville, La
Twisted parallel dual metals combo! You sir are a gentleman and a scholar. That sounds badass.

I have been hearing that kanthal and Ni twisted works well in temp. I'm thinking if that's true NH80 with Ni should play better together. I haven't tried any Claptons, ribbon, tiger or any other crazy build yet or have yet to see someone any person. I've tried twisted and a zipper coil since it's basically a parallel coil with twisted which didn't do it for me. Ever since I built a parallel coil several months ago it's all I build now in various Ga, Dia and wraps I haven't used anything else.

I did like playing with the snow wolf the other day, I should have threw my tugboat on it and gave it a spin. But it was fresh out the box and charged up but didn't know if the guy would have been ok with that since it still had the sticky wrap on it. I may go back and ask to try it.
Hey, the worst he can say is no. Better to find out before pulling the trigger. I'm not a P4U fan, I mean they make decent product but that iPV3 li 165w looks real, real nice (because I need yet another device).

Reactions: Clark Kent

Shigura

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 26, 2015
Lincoln, NE
Hey, the worst he can say is no. Better to find out before pulling the trigger. I'm not a P4U fan, I mean they make decent product but that iPV3 li 165w looks real, real nice (because I need yet another device).
I almost pulled the trigger for one but reality struck me and I passed. But this Whiteout mod thats supposed to be up soon looks very promising.

Clark Kent

ECF Veteran
Jun 25, 2014
Metropolis Il.
I could not help to chime in on this, I have the Snow wolf, total fingerprint magnet, I do like it though. I have burned through 30 feet of so of ni200 trying to perfect my builds. I did a few that managed to vape good, but all the frustration and I am looking for the best tank myself, I have the Artic tank on its way with some NI coils, But I just seen the project sub ohm tank at vapor dna and that looks promising, It to will take Atlantis coils and for $7 you can buy the rba for it. I think I might go that route, I imagine the rba would fit the Beast,Atlantis,Melo,Starr, and anything else that excepts those coils.

I could not help to chime in on this, I have the Snow wolf, total fingerprint magnet, I do like it though. I have burned through 30 feet of so of ni200 trying to perfect my builds. I did a few that managed to vape good, but all the frustration and I am looking for the best tank myself, I have the Artic tank on its way with some NI coils, But I just seen the project sub ohm tank at vapor dna and that looks promising, It to will take Atlantis coils and for $7 you can buy the rba for it. I think I might go that route, I imagine the rba would fit the Beast,Atlantis,Melo,Starr, and anything else that excepts those coils.
Definitely want some feedback on that PSO saucecode tank! It looks to have it all; capacity, style, airflow, top fill, RBA section, coil compatibility. I want it but if I buy anything else right now I'll be sleeping in my car [emoji6]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread