Silo Beast by Beyond Vape Thoughts/Short Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryanmcg1

ECF Veteran
Oct 7, 2014
Garyville, La
Sorry, been a while. I could push the v1 .5 Beast coils to about 50watts to burn - 42 watts all day vape on 70/30 juice. The v2 coils I could vape comfortably at 47-48 watts and push to about 60 to burn. I have to say, I picked up a second tank and a short sleeve and have decided that after I got used to how cool they looked, especially the shorter sleeve they ultimately are a giant pain in the .... They leak for some reason like every OTHER time I fill which is strange since the technique never changes. The o-rings are terrible quality, every one is chewed to hell at this point. I gotta say I did expect more from a Beyond Vape product.

I have picked up a v2 .3 coil and I can find ally vape for more then couple hits without dry burning and I had always put 70/30 in with the .5 coil..IDK
Anyway the .3 was much better but I lost 90% flavor of any juice I tried in this tank with both coils compared to any rebuildable tank or RDA. I am a little disappointed, will pick up a few more .3s and see in the future how it goes.
I finally got my short sleeve and it looks awesome now. Maybe that's why I will keep it around for a while. I agree the orings are horrible they do get torn really easy and stretch out when I need them to stay in place.
The problem I think your having with the short sleeve is the oring for the inner barrel to a tach to the chamber it unscrews apart and it doesn't stay in place and took me forever to get it where it needed to be when I first got it and took it apart to clean it. I can see that causing a bad leak if it shifted on you from maybe taking the top off to refill or tanking the tank off to change the coil.

Check it out break the short sleeve down and the 5ml sleeve down completly you will see what I'm talking about right away. The 5ml sleeve doesn't have it. I believe the oring I'm talking about makes the seal for the chamber and barrel and/or seal for the coil to the chamber since it's soo short a d doesn't have the room to be the same design as the 5ml sleeve. I haven't messed with it since since it was such a pain and I don't really use the beast at all besides a few hits once a day or 2 just to see if my feelings gs change.

eLefAdEr

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2013
Chapel Hill, NC, USA
I recently posted in the Anyvape RBA thread in regards to the Silo Beast. Getting a lot of leaking. Haven't been able to zero in on the cause since everything seems to be fitting snugly, so I'm suspecting it's the little juice channels located underneath the wick hole openings. Might try stuffing each one with a tiny bit of cotton to see if that fixes it.

It works fairly well if I can remember to keep it upright while vaping. Beyond 45º is where the leaking starts. At 90º it basically starts pouring out of the lower side into the airflow well.

Shigura

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 26, 2015
Lincoln, NE
Hey guys,

I'm looking to use this tank on the iJust 2 battery with the 2.5ml shorty attachment for a nice easy to carry vape when I'm out and about. I see a lot of warning signs regarding the power requirements for this tank. At 0.5Ohms the iJust 2 battery reaches 25-35 watts. Does anyone know if this tank will work on the iJust 2?
The .5 ohm coil is basically an Atlantis type coil so I believe 30-35 watts should be sufficient for this coil type. Just not the other lower coil choice .3ohm I believe.

Reactions: edotman
My :2c:?
Got ours a few days ago. I won't bore you with the nightmare of a story it took to even get the damned things! Then, when they(2) finally came in (with the 2 BV Athena Tandem 75-TC that were ordered at the same time.) the damned things leak like CRAZY! Once we got one to stop leaking and were able to use it, taste is great and clouds are nice but the guzzling of juice, etc., I was only able to vape on it for about 2.5 hours before the dreaded burnt hit. Tried them with the prebuilt coils and with the RBA that we ordered along with them.
These tanks aren't worth the time or the money, IMO. I'm shopping for something new...

Donnie Alexander

ECF Veteran
Oct 17, 2015
My :2c:?
Got ours a few days ago. I won't bore you with the nightmare of a story it took to even get the damned things! Then, when they(2) finally came in (with the 2 BV Athena Tandem 75-TC that were ordered at the same time.) the damned things leak like CRAZY! Once we got one to stop leaking and were able to use it, taste is great and clouds are nice but the guzzling of juice, etc., I was only able to vape on it for about 2.5 hours before the dreaded burnt hit. Tried them with the prebuilt coils and with the RBA that we ordered along with them.
These tanks aren't worth the time or the money, IMO. I'm shopping for something new...[/QUOTE

You have to close the airflow when top filling.

Alternatively use the bottom fill. As for the burnt hit, maybe you are firing the coil at to high wattage or let the juice run dry.

What ohm is your coil and what wattage are you firing at

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread